Questions about WOW bands on the Harmony of the Seas

cubalinda

While I have never been on a ship that uses WOW Bands myself, I am going on Harmony in April and think it will come in quite handy. Basically, it replaces your SeaPass card. It does not have your name on it (just your muster station number) but somehow Guest Services is able to transfer it to your SeaPass account. So, it can be used to enter your stateroom, purchase beverages/packages and other onboard items, and get on/off the ship, among the other uses for the SeaPass card. I believe they are $4.99. I think it will be much more convenient when in the pool/hot tub (and slides-yay) to have it on my wrist and in sight as opposed to leaving my SeaPass card under a towel on a chair somewhere. Hope this helped! I'll be able to comment further after my cruise. Happy sailing!

My wife and I just got off the Harmony Saturday and we loved our WOW bands. She's usually not into all that techie stuff that I like, but I told her about the band and she seemed interested. Was very convenient. I already wear an activity tracker, a Road ID band, and a thin blue line band so one more thing ain't gonna hurt me. We loved that you can just go anywhere with nothing in your pockets and still do what you need to do. Some people have complained about having to take them off at the bar but for the life of me I can't see the issue with this. It's a 2 second process out of your life. If you need to count seconds that close I feel sorry for you. But this is my opinion of course and we all know about opinions.

Again, Loved it. Loved the Harmony. Love RCI now. We're hooked.

The bands worked for everything we needed them to do. Only thing my wife had bad to say about them is yellow wasn't available for our muster station. She LOVES yellow.

My wife and I just got off the Harmony Saturday and we loved our WOW bands. She's usually not into all that techie stuff that I like, but I told her about the band and she seemed interested. Was very convenient. I already wear an activity tracker, a Road ID band, and a thin blue line band so one more thing ain't gonna hurt me. We loved that you can just go anywhere with nothing in your pockets and still do what you need to do. Some people have complained about having to take them off at the bar but for the life of me I can't see the issue with this. It's a 2 second process out of your life. If you need to count seconds that close I feel sorry for you. But this is my opinion of course and we all know about opinions.

Again, Loved it. Loved the Harmony. Love RCI now. We're hooked.

The bands worked for everything we needed them to do. Only thing my wife had bad to say about them is yellow wasn't available for our muster station. She LOVES yellow.

And how exactly did it work when the server was taking more than one order at a time....not mixing up the bands ?

And how exactly did it work when the server was taking more than one order at a time....not mixing up the bands ?

Can't answer that as we only ordered at the bar and handed him my band directly. He scanned it and gave back. I signed paper and transaction over. Like i said works great for US. We're not big drinkers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Forums mobile app

Just got off Harmony this past Saturday. We had my wife and I age 51 and 53, two kids 18 and 16, and my parents late 70s. We all bought the WoW bands. I found them almost useless, the kids could take them or leave them and my parents couldn't believe we actually had to pay for them. Until they have a system in place that allows them to scan them without removing them for drinks you might as well use your seapass. Useless to leave the ship. Great when you have two cups of coffee and you are trying to open your room door that's about it. Whoever came up with the idea got a nice raise because it is "free" money for RC. Just my family's perspective. Some people love em

Just got off Harmony this past Saturday. We had my wife and I age 51 and 53, two kids 18 and 16, and my parents late 70s. We all bought the WoW bands. I found them almost useless, the kids could take them or leave them and my parents couldn't believe we actually had to pay for them. Until they have a system in place that allows them to scan them without removing them for drinks you might as well use your seapass. Useless to leave the ship. Great when you have two cups of coffee and you are trying to open your room door that's about it. Whoever came up with the idea got a nice raise because it is "free" money for RC. Just my family's perspective. Some people love em

I personally don't agree with your views on this. Worked great for us. We loved them. Sorry your experience wasn't good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Forums mobile app

Whoever came up with the idea got a nice raise because it is "free" money for RC.

I kinda doubt it - this is not a money maker for RCI yet, not until WOW band v 2.0 (aka Excalibur) comes out.Then, they will be free (they were on Quantum) since RCI will more than make up for it via increased sales. They charge a nominal fee for it now since many folks, like yourself, didn't like it and they were wasted.

Biker, who liked his free WOW band on Quantum but would not pay for it.

• 3 weeks later...
I kinda doubt it - this is not a money maker for RCI yet, not until WOW band v 2.0 (aka Excalibur) comes out.Then, they will be free (they were on Quantum) since RCI will more than make up for it via increased sales. They charge a nominal fee for it now since many folks, like yourself, didn't like it and they were wasted.

Biker, who liked his free WOW band on Quantum but would not pay for it.

I was able to trade my Quantum for one on the Anthem.. The Q one was much easier as it had a clasp to put/on off. Also, had the muster station ID # on it.

I only had the soda package and was told multiple times that they can not load soda packages onto the wow band. So I had to carry either my cup or sea pass card if I was planning on getting a soda. I was impressed with the WOW band until I found this out...and then I was mad I wasted my money. Guest Services would not give me my money back because they said most people want it to get into their room. I agree it is nice for that but I sort of felt ripped off...lesson learned....

I only had the soda package and was told multiple times that they can not load soda packages onto the wow band. So I had to carry either my cup or sea pass card if I was planning on getting a soda. I was impressed with the WOW band until I found this out...and then I was mad I wasted my money. Guest Services would not give me my money back because they said most people want it to get into their room. I agree it is nice for that but I sort of felt ripped off...lesson learned....

Doesn't make any sense. They had no problems loading my nightly 3 drinks and no problem walking to the scanner so that the bartender could confirm.

• 11 months later...
No way would I wear a bracelet to do anything...tan lines...that would suck! And they want to CHARGE extra for that? Are you kidding me??

First thing I thought of.......if it was the size of a fitbit flex band, ok, but man that sucker is huge and to charge for the privilege of a big ugly tan line. nope, I'll use my card thanks;p

No way would I wear a bracelet to do anything...tan lines...that would suck! And they want to CHARGE extra for that? Are you kidding me??

Lol,how much do you spend on a cruise and 5 bux is a deterrent?lmao

Best thing about them is coming to your cabin door with 2 coffees etc in hands and just swipe your arm in front and walk in without swiping your sea pass card. Invaluable once you realize it. Doesnt need to be worn tanning if thats your unrealistic gripe.