Do you HAVE to drink the alcohol?

Imalismom

So, for the first time, I have been caught up in the unlimited drinking package - I have managed to avoid it until now.

I am a non drinker.... so, can I order a rum and coke (Pepsi) and have them hold the rum?

Or, another way to ask... can I get just plain soda with the alcohol package?

thanks in advance for your answers.

Gale

Edited by Imalismom

So, for the first time, I have been caught up in the unlimited drinking package - I have managed to avoid it until now.

I am a non drinker.... so, can I order a rum and coke (Pepsi) and have them hold the rum?

Gale

:) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6***NE4z6a8 :)

It didn't work for Jack.

Edited by biker@sea

But if you booked in the US, you will be paying $100 to drink soda (unless you like virgin frozen drinks).

yes, I booked in the US and dear husband will enjoy the unlimited bar - I just wont.... but virgin drinks are very good too.... I was just hoping I did not have to purchase the soda package on TOP of paying the gratuity for the "free" add-ons...

yes, I booked in the US and dear husband will enjoy the unlimited bar - I just wont.... but virgin drinks are very good too.... I was just hoping I did not have to purchase the soda package on TOP of paying the gratuity for the "free" add-ons...

We had the UBP last cruise. My husband does not drink alcohol. He enjoyed all the soda he wanted and ordered a lot of virgin drinks he never thought to before. I enjoyed trying all sorts of different cocktails I wouldn't have without the package.

Gale

As a 'water only ' girl I appreciate your dilemma. I've found that demanding they hold your rum til you've drank the coke works like a charm

Gale

Yes, you can get sodas, as well as virgin drinks.

Ha ha!! Yep sodas and things are included the package. They'll never leave you having to drink alcohol (they'd prefer you drink the cheaper stuff I'm sure!)

I've always found the bar staff really nice and more than happy to make a cocktail (or mocktail) to order.

I've listed what is included in the package here: all soft drinks are included (apart from tea/coffee from the atrium and bottled water).

http://cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk/2016/09/10/ncls-unlimited-beverage-package/

As far as soft drinks go I mainly had Pepsi and some kind lemonade type thing, also had a couple of mocktails and a couple of milk shake type drinks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On the Epic last week, I watched a poor couple try to order just soda's but the bartender was having none of that when he noticed they had the UBP. He pulled the guy up on the bar and just started pouring Jack Daniels and Coconut rum down his throat. :D

There was a second there when I thought you were serious!!! Doh. Ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Gale

No everyone is REQUIRED to drink alcohol constantly the entire time they are on teh cruise. Under no circumstances what so ever are you allowed to refuse top drink every single drink that is handed to you. If you fail to completely drink any drink at any time on the cruise, your on boar account will be charged a 100% penalty of your cruise fare. No exception is made for friends of bill.

yes, you can just get soda.

i often need gingerale at breakfast depending on how much i (over)enjoyed my UBP the night before.

i also dont know what the going rate is for the soda card, but even if you had to pay the $100 gratuity on the UBP, you would have probably paid $60 or so for the soda card anyway.

the nice thing for you is if you meet some friends who dont have the UBP, you could always get them a drink on your card.

On the Epic last week, I watched a poor couple try to order just soda's but the bartender was having none of that when he noticed they had the UBP. He pulled the guy up on the bar and just started pouring Jack Daniels and Coconut rum down his throat. :D

Careful, some folks on this website a) have no sense of humor. b) will take you serious c) get angry with you (and probably me) for making light of this question. :D

Edited by TruckerDave

Gale

When are you going? Get the shot seperate from the soda. I'll take it. Vodka please!

When are you going? Get the shot seperate from the soda. I'll take it. Vodka please!

May 2018 - Alaska - and I WOULD give it

all to you - I seriously can't stand the

taste... believe me... my husband has spent

years of "try this honey, you might like this

one" to no avail....

yes, you can just get soda.

i often need gingerale at breakfast depending on how much i (over)enjoyed my UBP the night before.

i also dont know what the going rate is for the soda card, but even if you had to pay the $100 gratuity on the UBP, you would have probably paid $60 or so for the soda card anyway.

the nice thing for you is if you meet some friends who dont have the UBP, you could always get them a drink on your card.

Not without breaking the rules.