As of today......RCI drink price increase!!!!!!!

TC38

The funny thing is, here in NZ where it's made, it's one of those wines that are down the lower end of the price range if ya get what I mean: NZ$10 / US$7 a bottle from the supermarket.

Yeah, there are nicer drops around but they are not necessarily on the ship and in the package.

Very popular here, $12-$17 a bottle in Michigan. I am a big fan of the NZ Sauvignon Blanc as opposed to the California. You guys are doing something right with those grapes down there!;)

Yep, they have the perfect climate, rain, sun, cool mornings and evenings without frost, fresh air, good soil, all contribute to making great sav blancs

The funny thing is, here in NZ where it's made, it's one of those wines that are down the lower end of the price range if ya get what I mean: NZ$10 / US$7 a bottle from the supermarket.

It's very cheap in Texas too, about 7.00 a bottle here. Def gonna get some next time I am there, what if I am missing out lol

It's getting very confusing now as it seems different ships are charging different prices for the same drinks....

and sometimes even different prices on the same ship on different sailings. Dynamic pricing is probably here to stay.

Just on Allure for the 10 day holiday cruise to be welcomed by the comforting embrace of a 2 dollar charge for a Gin Fizz from the Pub bar........!!!!!!!! Apparently, a Deluxe Package doesn't stack any more for a Gin and sugary condiments. Seriously.....apparently RCI have decided on new menu's and new prices as of today.......JUST outside of the deluxe payment band....oh and don't get me started on the Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc that is now $17 a pop. Happy Christmas one and all.....

$17 a pop, that's approx £14 a glass. Now I know why most people have rum runners on RCCI.:D

Just for curiosity's sake and price comparisons, what would be an upper level NZ sauvignon blanc?

Just for curiosity's sake and price comparisons, what would be an upper level NZ sauvignon blanc?

Cloudy Bay (about $30 NZ $21US) is nice and would be upper level. There are a lot of excellent Savs for around 10-20 NZ which would be usual. Kim Crawford is an average/low end Sav.

Does anyone have an up to date wine menu on Sailings leaving from Australia?

Thanks!

LOL! I'm sorry, but someone who paid an inflated price for a cruise so they look at some pre-decorated Christmas trees is complaining about bar prices?

Get real!

To be fair - I think most people book this cruise not to see the decorations but because it aligns with their families vacation time available...the decor is probably just a side kick - most wanting to see just that would have done it earlier in December!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's getting very confusing now as it seems different ships are charging different prices for the same drinks.... get your act together RCI!!!!

Kind of feels like they do have their act together on this front from a profitability standpoint. If they can keep us guessing until we're captive, it works to their advantage. Used to be it was hard to change prices, now they can do it in minutes. Look for the printed price menus to disappear completely.

I have to wonder if some people that tip a dollar or so per drink will not tip extra at all if that extra dollar or so is going towards their drink. I can see bartenders taking the brunt of this increase, from complaining customers to decreased tips.

Edited by LeCricket