Silversea Water Cooler: Part 3, Welcome!

Host Dan

Working tomorrow too... :(

Today the weather was disgusting. High about 55F/13C, gray, and rainy. Tomorrow it supposedly gets much warmer but we'll see if that actually happens.

Happy Labor Day to those enjoying!

Veal meatballs with a cream sauce, and potatoes for dinner. It was that kind of night!

b3c20d8d9250b37d75f5ea95c463a653.jpg

Time for a soak in the hot tub, to warm up!

Had a nice dinner with my sis and bil tonight......chicken and rice with roasted veggies.......fresh strawberries for

dessert.

Terry, my QB is out for the season:(........he is having knee surgery this week.............

Spins! These hurricanes are a bit too much already. And we're only up to the I names! Better check in with my Dad tomorrow...

Lois, I hope your dinner was served with plenty of "water" tonight...and maybe by some miracle, some of it turned into wine? ;) 🍷

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Hi Spins,

Watching Irma I was originally a bit afeared that she'd come up my way - rather worrisome when cruising in Canada and not there to properly storm prep - but now it seems that it's going to hit one of my friends in the BVI, then another in Turks & Caicos, then maybe come barreling up to you. Here's hoping it'll recurve up the Atlantic east of Florida, fingers and toes crossed!

PS This Ireland/Greenland/Canada cruise has been just amazing, hope your upcoming one is too.

Hi folks:).......nice to have the day off.......just watching tv in bed:D

JP, I drank water last night but I passed on the wine.........

Hope everyone has a good day:)

Working tomorrow too... :( Veal meatballs with a cream sauce, and potatoes for dinner. It was that kind of night!

b3c20d8d9250b37d75f5ea95c463a653.jpg

Terry, my QB is out for the season........he is having knee surgery this week...

Love those veal meatballs from J.P. Look super good!! Sorry, Lois, to hear that the Florida State QB will be out for the rest of the season. Two thrilling games on TV last night, including an "Instant Classic" with Virginia Tech narrowly beating West Virginia.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 227,151 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Good Morning C!

I cannot claim originality on this as it's based on Madrids "walking snack" of bocadillo de calamares.

However, I felt it a bit lacking as they use either a baguette type bread or a long soft bap and normally have no dressing other than perhaps a squeeze of lemon. It's a bit basic. I always felt it would be improved with a nice olive oil toasted panini and some crisp lettuce and a sauce made from salad cream, ketchup some chopped homemade pickle cucumber and a dash of chipotle tabasco.

This is how the look in Madrid.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=madrid+calamari+sandwich&prmd=imsvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiyzpSNw4vWAhWkKcAKHcmWA504ChD8BQgOKAE&biw=991&bih=928&dpr=2

Good Afternoon Coolers .... Just reurned from some easy going dental repairs and made some calamari panini for lunch with some nice frozen dry rose.

6af0b889a5a55e446904410ff0859249.jpg

Love BOTH calamari and panini. Looking very, very good, Jeff. BUT, a question? I like my calamari with some good, tasty red sauce. Would that have added more zest to this nice panini?

Panama Canal? Completed Feb. 28-Mar. 15, 2017, Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco adventure through the Panama Canal with our first stops in Colombia, Central America and Mexico, plus added time in the great Golden Gate City. Lots of fun, interesting pictures!! Those visuals start on the second page, post #26. See more at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2465580

Jeff, after browsing through your link, I tend to favor your version. I would take Terry's suggestion, especially if its a red cocktail sauce. Now your pink sauce is similar to our mayuketchup sauce, but - of course - more refined. I'm just having breakfast now, but I would skip it in a heartbeat for the panini. Apart from a long walk, I plan to stay glued to the NOAA public advisories and trends for the lady Irma. PR is very much in its track and Florida will probably be affected as well. Hope all will be good for Spins!

Terry, I made it with a tasty red sauce.

GREAT!! Glad to know from Jeff that smart minds both think along the same savvy directions. I was "guilty" of just looking at the pictures and not reading carefully the written details. Sorry, but for me, red cocktail sauce might be too strong for me. Excellent sharing!!

Super loved Dubrovnik!!! See more details and lots of great visual samples/examples at this link. Have had over 38,255 views on this posting and appreciate those who have tuned-in and dropped by.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1439227

Jeff, after browsing through your link, I tend to favor your version. I would take Terry's suggestion, especially if its a red cocktail sauce. Now your pink sauce is similar to our mayuketchup sauce, but - of course - more refined. I'm just having breakfast now, but I would skip it in a heartbeat for the panini. Apart from a long walk, I plan to stay glued to the NOAA public advisories and trends for the lady Irma. PR is very much in its track and Florida will probably be affected as well. Hope all will be good for Spins!

Hi C,

I think it needs what is effectively a reinforced marie rose prawn cocktail sauce. The salad cream, tomato ketchup and tabasco are a great combination. It also needs the crunch of the panini crust and the softness of the crumb and the width of the panini imho.

I never understood why the Madrileño worship their rather basic very oily version. All over madrid there are shops with deep fryers serving this either as a walking snack through windows onto the street or as a sort of stodgy tapas. They seem to like it really greasy.

Greetings Coolers! Cold and wet here. I had to turn the furnace on to take the damp chill out of the house. Waaaaay too early for this!

Oh My Goddess JP & J! .....the meatballs and calamari panini look amazing! Thanks for giving my taste buds a good shaking! :)

Enjoy your day off Lois and hope that next week brings good news!

Enjoy your day all!

Hi Mysty:).........thanks so much. I am doing all kinds of research this morning on our favorite topic........CRUISING:D

My sis and bil cruise quite often too.........I was getting input from them........they sailed WINDSTAR and SEABOURN

but have never been on SS......they said I would love those........;).......so many choices!

Hi Spins,

Watching Irma I was originally a bit afeared that she'd come up my way - rather worrisome when cruising in Canada and not there to properly storm prep - but now it seems that it's going to hit one of my friends in the BVI, then another in Turks & Caicos, then maybe come barreling up to you. Here's hoping it'll recurve up the Atlantic east of Florida, fingers and toes crossed!

PS This Ireland/Greenland/Canada cruise has been just amazing, hope your upcoming one is too.

Hi Jolly and other coolers.

Yikes.

Irma now cat 4.

It's strengthening and going into leeward islands

I am sure you can see it.

I am having premonitions.

When I hear "tricky" from a weather person the hair on my neck stands up.

Getting ready to start serious moving of the ridiculous amount of furniture we have outside...as this is South Florida we live a lot outside.

We have accordion storm shutters which we just pull closed, but that's after we secure the muebles.

Spins...hope Irma skates smoothly past you with no hardship incurred! "Tricky" would make me a nervous cat!

Thanks Mysty.

It's truly amazing everything that could become a projectile from our yard, solar lights, planters, etc, etc.

what is always concerning is the neighbors who do nada.

One year our neighbor who has since moved, tied or should I say lashed, a boat about 35 feet, on a trailer, to a small tree on the border of our property on the face of an approaching storm.

A few choice words from me and it was taken away before the storm hit.

Spins, I sent a posting directed to you, regarding Irma, and am sorry I cannot find it posted. What I said was that, as well as I suggested our family and friends in Puerto Rico to head for the mountains, I was recommending your considering evaluating your options, apart from securing your property, which I'm sure you are doing. I have been through Category 4 and 5 storms, and that's why I feel I should be suggesting options to you. Hopefully, no need to heed them!!!

Thanks Cam.

As you know, we have no mountains.

We are barely above sea level, but 7 miles inland.

It's not the water with this storm apparently, but the wind.

I appreciate your concern.

We will take heed.

We were here for Andrew.

And have lived here since 1976, but I have also weathered hurricanes before that.

Nothing to be trifled with.