Silversea Water Cooler: Part 3, Welcome!

Host Dan

Good morning:)

JP, my family is so very small..........sounds like having a group of relatives visit could be a lot of fun:D;):eek:......

guess it depends on the family.

I fly to Barcelona 2 weeks from Sunday:D

Hello all.

Sophia...I haven't even thought about cruise clothes yet. I will need to look at reported temperatures, I imagine it's hot?

We were so cold in Vermont, I had on a puffy jacket and long sleeves. I had forgotten that the cold permeates everything because it is accompanied by damp. DD did get sick from the dramatic temperature change and also because she has such a chronically low white blood cell count. Being in a plane with all those coughing didn't help either.

Yikes JP.

Sounds like an event is about to happen! Food on the grill or order out.

Lubricate well with ETOH.

Lois, just FYI the NYTimes travel section last Sunday had a piece on Barcelona. You might read it online.

Jeff whadya make in the IP today?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello all.

Sophia...I haven't even thought about cruise clothes yet. I will need to look at reported temperatures, I imagine it's hot?

We were so cold in Vermont, I had on a puffy jacket and long sleeves. I had forgotten that the cold permeates everything because it is accompanied by damp. DD did get sick from the dramatic temperature change and also because she has such a chronically low white blood cell count. Being in a plane with all those coughing didn't help either.

Yikes JP.

Sounds like an event is about to happen! Food on the grill or order out.

Lubricate well with ETOH.

Lois, just FYI the NYTimes travel section last Sunday had a piece on Barcelona. You might read it online.

Jeff whadya make in the IP today?

Good morning, I am trying to find the article from Sunday's Times but don't see it............I did see something from

July 12th...not sure if that is what you are referring to? It says "Finding Deals with Gaudi as a Guide"........

Lois,

The article is "getting to know gaudi, from park to palace".

Written by Lucas Peterson, the frugal traveler.

In Sunday July 16, NYT.

Hi again, ok...thanks.......... I will look again:D

Oh, I found that one.......it says the date is July 12th.......but I will re-read it again:)

Hello Coolers.........been having trouble logging in today as the cc site seems to have been down at times......

That BB looks delicious Jeffers.....as did the kebab...but at 2am? Ye gads....that would give me serious indigestion for the rest of the night!!

JP...your tuna also looked delish but being the peasant that l am l have to admit to preferring it out of a tin......:o hope your family gathering goes well.

Spins.......it should be pretty warm in September....hopefully! I'm always way ahead with my clothes rail as once it's up and full l can relax...it'll be a bit easier this time with no formal night! Don't know if you've heard that Flavio has left SS so not sure who the HD will be on this one but I believe some new faces have joined the fold!

Lois.....your excitement must be at fever pitch now with only two weeks to go....

Pretty quiet weekend....we've had some rain and nasty winds here which haven't done much for the garden plants and right now thunder is beckoning ......

Happy Day 😊

Sophia, I am glad you said that about CC........I had issues today as well.....kept saying it was not working:eek::(....or

I would get on here and post and THEN it would knock me off..........:rolleyes:

Jeff, your mystery meal looks fantastic! Rice pilaf (?) Mushroom cream sauce (?) What would the protein be? Beef.. veal...lamb(?)

Hi C. thanks for the kind words.

It is methi beef chetinad curry with a pilau from our zoji. The pilau had an experiemental blend of baharat and ras el hanout 50/50 which I have been playing with lately, with some onion and garlic powder. It works well which is good because I have just overstocked on my spices ....

Maybe its not one.........I was just guessing. I don't know what other leaves you would cook with....... I am sure Jeff

will tell us what it is:)

Oh he typed what it is....a Kafir leaf.......I don't know that leaf so I am wrong and it is not a bay leaf.

How was the doner kabob? One of my favorite meals! This one looks good, also. I will be buying res al hanout on my trip.

Penny

Penny, it was great!

Home made .....!

I made a doner meat mix from minced lamb and pork and seasoning and hebs which I forced into a large tin can which I cooked in the instant pot. Let it cool down and put it in the fridge.

So when the kebab mood takes you, you thinly cut slces and grill them. I reckon it will keep in the fridge safely for a week. Pressure cooking means not only is it cooked but pasteurised so is safe for longer. Tastes better than I have bought when out.

Who'd have thought. :)

Maybe its not one.........I was just guessing. I don't know what other leaves you would cook with....... I am sure Jeff

will tell us what it is:)

Oh he typed what it is....a Kafir leaf.......I don't know that leaf so I am wrong and it is not a bay leaf.

It's used regularly in Thai cooking and adds aromatics and a lime taste. I use a handful in most of my curries whether they are Indian or Thai in character.

Love the IP. You are creative Jeff.

Mine still in box.

I also bought Amazon echos

For two of the kinder.

Turns out one of them bought for himself...

They were going to be Christmas presents.

I already have one and I use it all the time.

:-)