Flight home after Liberty

I've read that Royal posts guidelines about scheduling flights post cruise - can anyone tell me where to find this information? I'm looking to find out when to book a flight out of HOU or IAH (haven't chosen an airline yet).

TIA

Nat

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=324&faqSubjectName=Air+Travel&faqId=2724

I put in our details and it came back and told me there are no results to display. Ugh.

Google maps shows a little under an hour for HOU, a little over an hour for IAH. Any idea how much time we should allow to get our car? We've always flown to cruise ports in the past.

And if we dock at 6:30, is it reasonable to expect we can be off the ship and have our luggage by, say 8:30?

I put in our details and it came back and told me there are no results to display. Ugh.

Google maps shows a little under an hour for HOU, a little over an hour for IAH. Any idea how much time we should allow to get our car? We've always flown to cruise ports in the past.

And if we dock at 6:30, is it reasonable to expect we can be off the ship and have our luggage by, say 8:30?

I would budget 90 minutes to IAH, at the very least. If at all possible, I'd try to fly out of HOU.

We always figure that noonish is a good time to book flights. Especially when the airport is some distance away. Our flight from HOU was at 3:20, so we took our time getting off and catching a shuttle. We were there at noon.

If we had left earlier, we could have been at the airport earlier.

We always figure that noonish is a good time to book flights. Especially when the airport is some distance away. Our flight from HOU was at 3:20, so we took our time getting off and catching a shuttle. We were there at noon.

If we had left earlier, we could have been at the airport earlier.

Perfect - thanks.

If you carry your own bags you can get off by 8:30, as already said if possible book Hobby since that is 20 or more mins closer. WE got off by 8:45 but we were in suite which is 1st group after the people that carry there own bags. Hobby is normally 45 mins from pier that with a car service and not dealing with getting your parked car

Currently on Liberty and we are stuck just off of Galveston because of fog. Dense fog advisory until 10:00am but that doesn't mean we're getting off then. Just keep that in mind when booking flights.

Good luck, hope they can get you in without too much delay.

I usually sail from middle of Jan to middle of feb, several times we have been delayed getting into port due to fog, so I always book a 4PM flight out of Hobby. Debarkation can be nuts out of Galveston some times, so I don't want to end the cruise by worrying about making a flight on time.

We leave for our Liberty cruise next July and will be parking at the EZ Parking Lot which offers shuttle sto the cruise terminal, After the cruise we will shuttle back and pick up our car for a 2:15 flight back to So Calif. We will do self disembarking. We leave from IAH

Edited by Desert Cruizers

I've read that Royal posts guidelines about scheduling flights post cruise - can anyone tell me where to find this information? I'm looking to find out when to book a flight out of HOU or IAH (haven't chosen an airline yet).

TIA

Nat

its 1-2 hours to the Houston airports from the Island. Longer if there is fog that delays everything( or in our case, heavy rain/winds) and it can double the transit time across the bridge.

the parking lots are all(mostly) very close with very short transits to and from. most also are running multiple vans first thing as well.

depending on itinerary, it can take extra time to get through Customs. you can choose to self disembark and be among the first to get off, but that means hand carrying everything.

We sail from Galveston often. I too advise a flight no earlier then 2 pm for comfort. We have always been able to get off and to our car at the latest by 10:30 however there can often be delays. That is also Diamnond plus departure. Traffic in Houston can be rough although Sunday is not usually as bad as rush hour can be. When others cruise with us and fly in this is what we suggest. Missing a flight or being anxious about one is not a good way to end a vacation.

Fog would foul up any sort of planning that anyone does. We just took our time leaving the ship and eventually went down about 9:30. We were in font of the terminal by about 10:15. We had a later shuttle scheduled, but we walked over and asked about an earlier one. We left around 11 and were at HOU by noon. And then we waited for our 3:20 flight.