Is Princess becoming the new X?

klfhngr

. Mojito - no mint,

For an upscale cruise line charging accordingly, that kind of schoolboy error is simply inexcusable.

My comment was solely in reply to your statement that you have not heard any complaints about MC (and neither had I). I was not implying that one should alter their opinion based on our experience, and I am in complete agreement that everyone needs to take both the negative and the glowing cheerleading with a grain of salt.

My comment about the lowly suites (and yes I meant Sky Suites) was a tongue in cheek reference to all of the tedious discussions regarding the inclusion of the Sky Suites and the dire predictions that is was going to be the downfall of MC. :)

Do you not think these complaints are valid though? Have you not seen those people who book sky suites? They wear baseball caps, cheap shoes and have crooked teeth! I even heard one of them try an order a bottle of 2007 beaujolais nouveau in Cellar Masters! I think the complaints are valid, after all we don't even know if they've had their rabies and tetanus jabs do we?

Michaels CLub has really gone down hill. Next we'll be seeing finding traditional Carnival Cruise line pax in there! *

* Some of that might have been written tongue in cheek...

But are we talking Mercedes Benz A class or Mercedes Benz S class? Or even the AMG S65?

Not sure car manufacturers works too well? However at least you've acknowledged that us Europeans build far superior motor cars than they do in the US. :p :p :p

With a much higher price tag to boot.

I even heard one of them try an order a bottle of 2007 beaujolais nouveau. They wear baseball caps, cheap shoes and have crooked teeth! Michaels CLub has really gone down hill. Next we'll be seeing finding traditional Carnival Cruise line pax in there! *

Where you been? Haven't you seen the Celebrity shift in marketing to those types of passengers? Besides with the increase in cabin prices they had to decide whether to cruise or to have their teeth straightened. :D Guess the teeth lost.

WHaaaTTTT, you mean 2007 isn't newvough any more?

For an upscale cruise line charging accordingly, that kind of schoolboy error is simply inexcusable.

Do you not think these complaints are valid though? Have you not seen those people who book sky suites? They wear baseball caps, cheap shoes and have crooked teeth! I even heard one of them try an order a bottle of 2007 beaujolais nouveau in Cellar Masters! <script id="gpt-impl-0.3748655345722131" src="https://securepubads.g.doubleclick.net/gpt/pubads_impl_107.js"></script>I think the complaints are valid, after all we don't even know if they've had their rabies and tetanus jabs do we?

Michaels CLub has really gone down hill. Next we'll be seeing finding traditional Carnival Cruise line pax in there! *

We booked our first X cruise for May 2017. Chose X over Princess because the Princess cabins just look so small. We like to relax in our cabin in the afternoon, so a little extra space is nice. Got what we think is a very good deal on a Sky Suite, we are psyched. But so far on these boards I've been feeling like Goldilocks. First I was told by a non-AQ/Suite passenger that as a Suite guest, we are really not welcome to ever have dinner in the MDR because even though I chose "Select," our presence in the MDR, even with a reservation, is unwelcome to the point of being intrusive. We are assigned to Luminae and expected to eat there, exclusively. :confused: Not that I object to dining in Luminae, but so much for choice. In this instance our Suite booking was too much. Have heard it mentioned that now people in the Sky Suites are allowed to access Michael's Club, but in reality we are in mere Sky Suites, so in this case our booking in an S1 isn't quite good enough. LOL It's too bad because we are both UTD with our vaccinations, our teeth are pretty decent, we wear real shoes and no baseball hats, overalls, or wife beaters for the Mr. ;) LOL If our cruise was a story, the title would be "Caught between 2 cabin classes." Then I commiserated with another person here on the boards that in some countries, a certain group of people are more harshly treated when breaking the law than others are. In this case I was immediately jumped on bec

Edited by galensgrl

Do you not think these complaints are valid though? Have you not seen those people who book sky suites? They wear baseball caps, cheap shoes and have crooked teeth! I even heard one of them try an order a bottle of 2007 beaujolais nouveau in Cellar Masters! I think the complaints are valid, after all we don't even know if they've had their rabies and tetanus jabs do we?

We booked our first X cruise for May 2017. Chose X over Princess because the Princess cabins just look so small. We like to relax in our cabin in the afternoon, so a little extra space is nice. Got what we think is a very good deal on a Sky Suite, we are psyched. But so far on these boards I've been feeling like Goldilocks. First I was told by a non-AQ/Suite passenger that as a Suite guest, we are really not welcome to ever have dinner in the MDR because even though I chose "Select," our presence in the MDR, even with a reservation, is unwelcome to the point of being intrusive. We are assigned to Luminae and expected to eat there, exclusively. :confused: Not that I object to dining in Luminae, but so much for choice. In this instance our Suite booking was too much. Have heard it mentioned that now people in the Sky Suites are allowed to access Michael's Club, but in reality we are in mere Sky Suites, so in this case our booking in an S1 isn't quite good enough. LOL It's too bad because we are both UTD with our vaccinations, our teeth are pretty decent, we wear real shoes and no baseball hats, overalls, or wife beaters for the Mr. ;) LOL If our cruise was a story, the title would be "Caught between 2 cabin classes." Then I commiserated with another person here on the boards that in some countries, a certain group of people are more harshly treated when breaking the law than others are. In this case I was immediately jumped on because sharing my personal opinion here on CC about what I consider outdated laws and human rights in other countries amounts to a National security risk. I was told my attitude specifically is why everyone in the world hates the US. Talk about overkill. It's a good thing our cruise contract is with Celebrity. If it was with some of these pax we probably wouldn't even be allowed onboard! :D

Edited by galensgrl

We booked our first X cruise for May 2017. Chose X over Princess because the Princess cabins just look so small. We like to relax in our cabin in the afternoon, so a little extra space is nice. Got what we think is a very good deal on a Sky Suite, we are psyched. But so far on these boards I've been feeling like Goldilocks. First I was told by a non-AQ/Suite passenger that as a Suite guest, we are really not welcome to ever have dinner in the MDR because even though I chose "Select," our presence in the MDR, even with a reservation, is unwelcome to the point of being intrusive. We are assigned to Luminae and expected to eat there, exclusively. :confused: Not that I object to dining in Luminae, but so much for choice. In this instance our Suite booking was too much. Have heard it mentioned that now people in the Sky Suites are allowed to access Michael's Club, but in reality we are in mere Sky Suites, so in this case our booking in an S1 isn't quite good enough. LOL It's too bad because we are both UTD with our vaccinations, our teeth are pretty decent, we wear real shoes and no baseball hats, overalls, or wife beaters for the Mr. ;) LOL If our cruise was a story, the title would be "Caught between 2 cabin classes." Then I commiserated with another person here on the boards that in some countries, a certain group of people are more harshly treated when breaking the law than others are. In this case I was immediately jumped on because sharing my personal opinion here on CC about what I consider outdated laws and human rights in other countries amounts to a National security risk. I was told my attitude specifically is why everyone in the world hates the US. Talk about overkill. It's a good thing our cruise contract is with Celebrity. If it was with some of these pax we probably wouldn't even be allowed onboard! :D

Have you considered hanging two lobsters from around your neck? Maybe the elitist Suite pax might take a liking to ya. Especially if you could prepare them in their suite. ;)

Where you been? Haven't you seen the Celebrity shift in marketing to those types of passengers? Besides with the increase in cabin prices they had to decide whether to cruise or to have their teeth straightened. :D Guess the teeth lost.

We hear the X will soon have table sales of baseball caps and wifebeater shirts so that men can be properly dressed for the MDR. Apparently those items will all come with the Celebrity "X" Logo.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

I wish the cruise companies would just go back to Classes... First Class, Second Class, Low Class/No Class!! Then everyone would be happy.... Maybe not, this is CC ;)

Very cute! I'd like to say you're in "Class Act" as you always make me smile.

Moscow mule - no ginger beer or copper mugs, they got the ginger beer - but no mugs. Mojito - no mint, Chocolate Martini - suggested we go to the martini bar. There were two or threee wines that we had elsewhere onboard or in Luminae, but no attempt to offer to get them for us. This was really not a big problem, as I said, we liked the atmosphere of other venues onboard better and we had purchased the drink package so the freebies were unimportant.

:)

it is understandable why you were not impressed. I am really surprised that they did not get you a Copper mug and mint is it was available somewhere else on the ship. Those are very simple cocktails.

Glad you still enjoyed your cruise.

And here is to the european version of car comparing:

CCL/ Costa- Fiat- Punto/ Lada

MSC/ NCL/RCI - Golf ( VW) / Polo

Celebrity- used to be low class Mercedes- nowadays- Opel ( middle class)

HAL/Princess- Toyota mid class Mercedes

Cunard- jMid - High end Mercedes , BMW, Porsche

Regent/ Crystal/ Europa 2 - Bentley / Maybach

By the way X has to be careful not end up as Fiat Punto!

Edited by Germancruiser

And here is to the european version of car comparing:

CCL/ Costa- Fiat- Punto/ Lada

MSC/ NCL/RCI - Golf ( VW) / Polo

Celebrity- used to be low class Mercedes- nowadays- Opel ( middle class)

HAL/Princess- Toyota mid class Mercedes

Cunard- jMid - High end Mercedes , BMW, Porsche

Regent/ Crystal/ Europa 2 - Bentley / Maybach

Lol!!!!!

I tell you what, if I were to be booking a suite in 2019 with today's current offers I'd be having to cancel my dental care plan too!

Sadly not. Things were much worse though. When dining in Luminae the previous evening suspicions were aroused when the gentleman's wife tried to order her pork fillet, rare. A friend of theirs who had very recently learned that the staff in Luminae will allow you to order off menu within reason then asked for a KFC bargain bucket!

We booked our first X cruise for May 2017. Chose X over Princess because the Princess cabins just look so small. We like to relax in our cabin in the afternoon, so a little extra space is nice. Got what we think is a very good deal on a Sky Suite, we are psyched. But so far on these boards I've been feeling like Goldilocks. First I was told by a non-AQ/Suite passenger that as a Suite guest, we are really not welcome to ever have dinner in the MDR because even though I chose "Select," our presence in the MDR, even with a reservation, is unwelcome to the point of being intrusive. We are assigned to Luminae and expected to eat there, exclusively. :confused: Not that I object to dining in Luminae, but so much for choice. In this instance our Suite booking was too much. Have heard it mentioned that now people in the Sky Suites are allowed to access Michael's Club, but in reality we are in mere Sky Suites, so in this case our booking in an S1 isn't quite good enough. LOL It's too bad because we are both UTD with our vaccinations, our teeth are pretty decent, we wear real shoes and no baseball hats, overalls, or wife beaters for the Mr. ;) LOL If our cruise was a story, the title would be "Caught between 2 cabin classes." Then I commiserated with another person here on the boards that in some countries, a certain group of people are more harshly treated when breaking the law than others are. In this case I was immediately jumped on bec

Would the people on these boards tell you to stay out of the MDR if they were looking you in the eye, face to face. Don't take these boards too seriously. The things written here don't always bear any relation to reality. Dine where ever you wish and enjoy your cruise, those displaying petty envy would! ;)

Is the person telling you that on your roll call? Try and find out what room they're in. Get on your computer and knock up an authentic looking but fake looking letter from Celebrity. Post it to them advising that suite guests have specifically requested to dine on their balcony as their room has much sentimental value to them as it's where you spent your honeymoon or such other ridiculous reason. Advise them that they need to vacate their room between 6pm and 9pm and give them something to really whinge about! :D :D :D

Luminae is great but on longer sailings the chances are that you'll wnat a change of scenery as things may become a little too familiar. Or you might just prefer the menu choices of either Blu or the MDR one night. Choose whichever you prefer, not which others think you should use. You won't inconvenience anyone else so don't feel guilty. If people were genuinely inconvenienced I'm sure steps would be taken by Celebrity but right now you're free to enjoy all three restaurants (Blu on space availability = potentially a short wait).

We hear the X will soon have table sales of baseball caps and wifebeater shirts so that men can be properly dressed for the MDR. Apparently those items will all come with the Celebrity "X" Logo.

Hank

I'm on the Eclipse in a couple of weeks, I'm actually taking three additional cases of screen printed caps and wife beater shirts printed with "I love Celebrity" and "I love Carnival", Thanks for reminding me I need to get these listed on the roll call. You just can't miss an opportunity like this after all.

Steve, you're on the same sailing, let me know your size, colour and cruise line of choice and I'll do you a deal! :D

I'm glad you didn't use a similar word in Spanish that is one letter off. Although it's not a car name, it could indicate the direction Celebrity has gone. :D

BTW I stopped referring to Celebrity as X because I'm no longer reminded of what was once the Chandris quality.

I'm on the Eclipse in a couple of weeks, I'm actually taking three additional cases of screen printed caps and wife beater shirts printed with "I love Celebrity" and "I love Carnival", Thanks for reminding me I need to get these listed on the roll call. You just can't miss an opportunity like this after all.

Steve, you're on the same sailing, let me know your size, colour and cruise line of choice and I'll do you a deal! :D

Thankx for the offer. Such ah Deel. However I have never worn a wife beater in my life even before I was married. It would not be a pretty sight. :eek: I'd rather jump ship to Princess than put one on.

Forget about beads for the meet and greet, you guys might have started a new tradition, i.e., wear wife beaters, baseball caps and sandals so we can all identify each other easier! ;) A first on X (maybe not for Carnival?!)!

Edited by klfhngr
typo

Just relax and enjoy your cruise. I am certain that you will have a great time. Please do not concern yourself with some of the negative comments especially the ones that say negative things about something that most people like. Comments like "mere" Sky Suite, wines that are not drinkable and Michael's Club is going downhill are just one person's perspective and should not really be considered an opinion shared by most people. After all even those making the comments are most likely still cruising on Celebrity (or at least are considering it) otherwise why would they be posting on the Celebrity thread? I am not really criticizing those posting the comments because it is their experience and opinion which should always be welcomed.

The Sky Suites have been amazing for us and so has the Michael's Club. If you are in the corner S1 it will be even more special. If you want to dine with friends in the MDR it will not be a problem. Since you can order from the MDR menu and make special requests i believe you will find the Luminae a much better experience. It is more along the lines of a Specialty Restaurant. The one time we had the Ultimate Dining package we stilled dined in the Luminae about 1/3 of the time ever though we could dine in the Specialty Restaurants at no extra charge. Of course you may want to try the MDR just for the experience. By the way the Luminae is Select dining as well.

I am confident that for the most part those people making negative comments concerning their Celebrity experiences do not mean to negatively impact your anticipation of the cruise. I do cruise with other Cruise lines, but mostly with Celebrity because my DW and I love the experience.

I confess to being a Celebrity cheerleader, a Princess cheerleader, and a general cruise experience cheerleader. I find cruise vacations to be relaxing, enjoyable, and a great overall value.

Enjoy your cruise.

Would the people on these boards tell you to stay out of the MDR if they were looking you in the eye, face to face. Don't take these boards too seriously. The things written here don't always bear any relation to reality. Dine where ever you wish and enjoy your cruise, those displaying petty envy would! ;)

Is the person telling you that on your roll call? Try and find out what room they're in. Get on your computer and knock up an authentic looking but fake looking letter from Celebrity. Post it to them advising that suite guests have specifically requested to dine on their balcony as their room has much sentimental value to them as it's where you spent your honeymoon or such other ridiculous reason. Advise them that they need to vacate their room between 6pm and 9pm and give them something to really whinge about! :D :D :D

Luminae is great but on longer sailings the chances are that you'll wnat a change of scenery as things may become a little too familiar. Or you might just prefer the menu choices of either Blu or the MDR one night. Choose whichever you prefer, not which others think you should use. You won't inconvenience anyone else so don't feel guilty. If people were genuinely inconvenienced I'm sure steps would be taken by Celebrity but right now you're free to enjoy all three restaurants (Blu on space availability = potentially a short wait).

Thank you for your encouraging words. So much information and many opinions here, most of it interesting but since a lot of opinions are involved it's bound to be a mixed bag of mostly positive and some negative posts. Fortunately the roll call posts for our sailing are positive and upbeat. I love hearing about Celebrity from people who have been there, and we really are looking forward to our cruise with X. Besides, being on a cruise sure beats the average work week, any day. ;)