Promo with Specialty Dining pre-assigned time?

plan09

Greetings,

First time Princess cruiser.

I have booked Regal Baltic April 30th with a Specialty Dining night included. The fine print reads "Princess Cruises reserves the right to pre-assign Specialty Dining times."

Does anyone have any experience with this? I am thinking about specialty dinner our first night. The Regal will just be coming out of dry dock I believe if that might matter.

Many thanks.

Greetings,

I have booked Regal Baltic April 30th with a Specialty Dining night included. The fine print reads "Princess Cruises reserves the right to pre-assign Specialty Dining times."

Does anyone have any experience with this? I am thinking about specialty dinner our first night. The Regal will just be coming out of dry dock I believe if that might matter.

Many thanks.

Yes, several times. There will be s gift card in your cabin upon embarkation with details of what's been pre-assigned, restaurant, Date and time... If it works for you, nothing else is needed. If it doesn't, take the card to where the maitre'd is handling specialty dining booking and make the change. Very easy and pain free...The sooner you do this, the more options you'll have. The first night is usually not too busy in specialty dining, but no guarantees.

Enjoy.

Greetings,

Many thanks.

If you want the first night then check your cabin for the voucher then (do as stated above).

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Be sure when you choose your time that the ship isn't in port while you start your dinner. We made the mistake of eating in the Crown Grill while in Honolulu (ship's in port until 9 or 10 PM), we were charge Hawaiian sales tax.:( Oops! Our bad.

I would think is would most likely not be an issue with a Baltic cruise.

On the Regal you have your choice of the Crown Grill or Sabatini's. The Crab Shack dining experience might also be included by request it is the same cost.

Check the card in your cabin when you board it will show the restaurant, day and time. If you don't like it either call the DINE line on boarding day, or my preference is to visit the restaurant or your choice on the afternoon of boarding day. Boarding day evening should not be a problem, but be aware that all full suite passengers get fee specialty dining on the first night of the cruise.

Be sure when you choose your time that the ship isn't in port while you start your dinner. We made the mistake of eating in the Crown Grill while in Honolulu (ship's in port until 9 or 10 PM), we were charge Hawaiian sales tax.:( Oops! Our bad.

Ouch! Right!! That's important to remember!!

Thanks to all for the answers and advice! Didn't know that about port taxes or the full suite passengers. Mom likes to have dinner early so I will hope for the best or just plan another evening. Again, thank you.

Thanks to all for the answers and advice! Didn't know that about port taxes or the full suite passengers. Mom likes to have dinner early so I will hope for the best or just plan another evening. Again, thank you.

The Baltic cruise is port intensive. You can ask the waiter if port taxes apply, just to be sure. We had dinner at CG on the Regal during our Baltic cruise and no port tax was applied. Just can't remember which port it was.

Since the OP has the dinner included as part of the cruise, there would be no sales tax as there will be no charge for the meal.