AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

5 minutes ago, crazycatlady82 said:

Regarding the AARP cards, it's asking me to become a premium member for $12 a year for the carnival gift cards. Does this sound right?

That is correct. Some credit cards have offers to get $8 back. If you go more than 1 year, it is also a better deal.

Edited by canes20

Wish I had taken a screen shot. I won 1500 points in the scratch game and it had a link that said something along the lines of use your points to score a gift card. Clicked the link and was taken to the gift card page where it lists the categories but as soon as I clicked anything I got an error page telling me nothing was available.

I’ve still been getting my daily points but I don’t even know why I bother since I have my AARP membership now. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, d-lite-n-cruisin said:

Once you join AARP, where do you go to purchase gift cards?

I usually go to Rewards, then click on Discover, then click on Redeem, then click on All Rewards.   As stated in the previous post you can find the Carnival cards under Members Only, but the Carnival cards also pop up first under All Rewards, and with All Rewards I can see every gift card on offer.  Often there are gift cards that show up under All Rewards that interest me that don't show up under Members Only. 

Edited by Calnev1
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Calnev1 said:

I usually go to Rewards, then click on Discover, then click on Redeem, then click on All Rewards.   As stated in the previous post you can find the Carnival cards under Members Only, but the Carnival cards also pop up first under All Rewards, and with All Rewards I can see every gift card on offer.  Often there are gift cards that show up under All Rewards that interest me that don't show up under Members Only. 

Thank you!! I appreciate it.  And your rationale makes total sense.

A fair amount of credit cards have a deal with AARP. For me I can do Bank of America with 8 dollars back. I also have the Quicksilver with CapitalOne that has 23 dollars back so I renewed for 5 years for 63 dollars and am getting back 23 making it 40 dollars or 8 per year. So be sure to check your various credit cards for deals. Allstate rewards looks like it is morphing into a shopping website. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

A fair amount of credit cards have a deal with AARP. For me I can do Bank of America with 8 dollars back. I also have the Quicksilver with CapitalOne that has 23 dollars back so I renewed for 5 years for 63 dollars and am getting back 23 making it 40 dollars or 8 per year. So be sure to check your various credit cards for deals. Allstate rewards looks like it is morphing into a shopping website. 

Just used Quicksilver to renew for 5 years. After doing that, went and looked at account details, now I am good through November 2030 before I need to renew again. Did not realize I had already paid for so many years. Oh well, I saved $23 I guess, just have to make sure the statement credit shows up eventually.

Edited by canes20
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, canes20 said:

Just used Quicksilver to renew for 5 years. After doing that, went and looked at account details, now I am good through November 2030 before I need to renew again. Did not realize I had already paid for so many years. Oh well, I saved $23 I guess, just have to make sure the statement credit shows up eventually.

You and me both. My AARP now  expires in 2032 😁   I got an email from Capital One a couple days later saying my 23 dollars was on the way in 2-3 billing cycles. Better late than never!

Edited by n6uqqq
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

You and me both. My AARP now  expires in 2032 😁   I got an email from Capital One a couple days later saying my 23 dollars was on the way in 2-3 billing cycles. Better late than never!

Did you get the 5 port charging hub from AARP?

Edited by canes20

16 hours ago, canes20 said:

I was also debating just how many years out I really want to push my AARP membership.  I need to ponder my life expectancy and check the mortality tables . . . .

• Haha 4

On 7/6/2023 at 11:21 AM, travelingtink said:

I’ve still been getting my daily points but I don’t even know why I bother since I have my AARP membership now. 

I know the feeling, but I've been doing Allstate Rewards for 6 years now, so at this point I think it's just force of habit to keep going. Well, that and when AARP had a small monthly limit, Allstate was nice to have. At over 900K points, even if I stop earning more, I'll never use them all. I've used points to buy cards for other people in the past and just had them pay me back the discounted cost.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

You guys got a charging hub for signing up?

f70f6c82b70aa2ad924602853f974503.jpg

Still waiting. Only been a week.

giphy.gif

Did get the $35 credit on Wells Fargo for spending $100 at carnival.com.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

What's your thoughts on this... If I were to sign up today, and ordered cards today, would I possibly receive them today?  My daughter JUST decided she wants to go on the cruise I booked months ago, and I have a hold on a cabin for her that expires today. It's in Sept., so we are fully paid on our other cabins.

2 minutes ago, disneyfan551 said:

What's your thoughts on this... If I were to sign up today, and ordered cards today, would I possibly receive them today?  My daughter JUST decided she wants to go on the cruise I booked months ago, and I have a hold on a cabin for her that expires today. It's in Sept., so we are fully paid on our other cabins.

We did this the other day. I got the cards about 10 minutes after I bought them.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

I did indeed. Hopefully it will work well. Could come in handy on cruises. 

Screenshot 2023-07-11 6.34.10 PM.png

That’s exactly what I thought when I picked it. Wish there was some USB-C on there, but can’t be too picky on a free gift.

7 minutes ago, disneyfan551 said:

Spend $100 on any purchase/website?

$35 statement credit on Carnival purchase at carnival.com. Sorry about that, should have typed that in first comment. It was a Wells Fargo reward I had to activate and then I just used my card to pay $100 on a booked cruise. The credit has already been applied in my WF account.

• Like 1