AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

7 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

By post count, do you mean the number of posts (comments) within this thread? Yeah, that was something I mentioned when I requested the merger. ...

Then, true to form, you've helped to create organized chaos here...  😉

Tom

• Haha 1

On 9/19/2023 at 7:29 AM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Merging the Allstate and AARP threads was not the best idea - most of the posts no longer have anything to do with what I subscribed to (AARP).

Tom

The Allstate comments will die off next month when Allstate Rewards dies off.  There just isn't a whole lot to discuss with AARP, but we can just keep encouraging those to use it. I had to laugh because later this week we are going to make reservations on a Virgin Cruise that we are taking with a group of friends. I was explaining to my husband that with Virgin you can save 10% by paying it all up front, and not just the deposit (which is 20%). He asked if they also had gift cards. I just had to laugh, he has become so spoiled with AARP. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

By post count, do you mean the number of posts (comments) within this thread? Yeah, that was something I mentioned when I requested the merger. I didn't try to hide it. I said multiple times that since this was the biggest thread that's currently active on the Carnival boards, it'd be nice to be able to keep it. A huge thread that's remained perfectly civil for 6 1/2 years, which is a nice accomplishment given that so many threads descend into negativity on here.

There used to be a large AARP thread years ago, but it died when they revamped their rewards program and Carnival cards became members only. Only a small handful of us were AARP members and most people weren't interested in joining, so we just used the Allstate thread to talk about AARP as well. There wasn't an AARP thread for years, so if it's such a big deal, where were the two of you then? The current size of this thread doesn't affect anyone's participation, so I don't see what post count has to do with it.

Now that Allstate is shutting down, and people realize AARP membership is a pretty good deal, more are willing to join. That's a good thing. This little discount gift card community we have here is actually a really good group of people. There's no reason to make it negative.

I just agreed with the other person's comment and do not agree that your decision is the best way to manage this forum. Until Allstate shuts down people looking for posts about AARP have to wade through posts about Allstate, which I understand is until the end of October. I suspect Allstate will start something new in a year and two and what will happen then? Keep all threads focused on one topic, please!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Then, true to form, you've helped to create organized chaos here...  😉

Tom

10 minutes ago, ChinaShrek said:

I just agreed with the other person's comment and do not agree that your decision is the best way to manage this forum. Until Allstate shuts down people looking for posts about AARP have to wade through posts about Allstate, which I understand is until the end of October. I suspect Allstate will start something new in a year and two and what will happen then? Keep all threads focused on one topic, please!

Tom-n_Cheryl, think what you want. You & ChinaShrek are the only 2 complaining that it's confusing. We've been doing this for years and no one's ever complained about confusion when we talked about AARP in the Allstate thread. When someone new comes along with questions about the program, we answer them. It's that simple. No one has to wade through anything. As tw67 said, AARP discussion is limited right now anyway, so why be so upset?

CC users don't manage threads. I simply put in a request, explained why, and it was granted. If Allstate creates a new rewards program with Carnival gift cards, then I'm sure a new thread will be created. Or maybe I'll request that this one be renamed back to Allstate. 😈🤣  But seriously, it's obvious it wasn't lucrative enough for them, so it's not going to happen. I meant it when I said this has been (and is) a great group of people who've managed to go for several years with hardly any negativity, so I've fed into this long enough. I recommend letting it go and enjoying the thread.

• Like 2

I feel that somewhere down the line there will be other places that Carnival cards will be discounted, so I would hope that they can come onto this thread as well. While AARP is a great place for the cards, the whole idea of the thread is really just education. Maybe the name is just misleading and should be AARP and others?

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Tom-n_Cheryl, think what you want. You & ChinaShrek are the only 2 complaining that it's confusing. ...

I recommend letting it go and enjoying the thread.

Yep - I'll let it go. 

Bye guys !!

Tom

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, tw67 said:

I feel that somewhere down the line there will be other places that Carnival cards will be discounted, so I would hope that they can come onto this thread as well. While AARP is a great place for the cards, the whole idea of the thread is really just education. Maybe the name is just misleading and should be AARP and others?

I miss the days when there were multiple sources. Allstate, AARP, the Daily Getaways promotion from the U.S. Travel Association, PayPal Digital Gifts on eBay. Newegg still does them occasionally, but I think theirs are 8% off. I hope you're right about there being more in the future. At the time, I did think about a broader name, maybe like "Discount Carnival gift cards," but I figured since AARP will be the only one left standing, go with it. Don't look at me, I'm not requesting another change because it caused too much of a stir. 🤣

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, tw67 said:

Nah OC, I think most of us are ok with the name!!  My husband swears there was a time he could get them at Lowes with his Lowes credit card and get something off also.  

Terry

Well you can get them from Target with a Redcard and get 5% off or cash back or something. I don’t know, I don’t have the card.

4 hours ago, tw67 said:

Nah OC, I think most of us are ok with the name!!  My husband swears there was a time he could get them at Lowes with his Lowes credit card and get something off also.  

Terry

He's not imagining things. Now that you say it, I remember people used to talk about getting them from Lowe's, but I'm not sure about using the Lowe's card. Carnival even lists it as one of the retailers that carries the cards, but I could never find them around here.

1 hour ago, ab19902 said:

Well you can get them from Target with a Redcard and get 5% off or cash back or something. I don’t know, I don’t have the card.

I remember people talking about that, too. I think all gift cards are 5% off when bought with the Target card.

This isn't a Carnival card discount, but people used to say they could buy gift cards at Kroger and get a discount on Kroger gas. We don't have Kroger's around here anymore, and even when we did, they never had gas stations.

4 minutes ago, Blue C said:

I just noticed that the $500 Carnival gift card is no longer available on AARP.  Does anyone know how often these are restocked on the website?

I'm a little worried they have been pulled from AARP's website because too many people were getting them. I hope they come back. I have been buying 100's just in case they don't have the 500's anymore. I am not sure how many I can use on Carnival's website for 1 cruise.

17 minutes ago, sasandy said:

I'm a little worried they have been pulled from AARP's website because too many people were getting them. I hope they come back. I have been buying 100's just in case they don't have the 500's anymore. I am not sure how many I can use on Carnival's website for 1 cruise.

I've used several even within the same transaction.  I just got a $500 GC on Wednesday, but I've never seen them not come back after going "out of stock".  Not much consolation, I know.

1 hour ago, ultrafighter said:

I've used several even within the same transaction.  I just got a $500 GC on Wednesday, but I've never seen them not come back after going "out of stock".  Not much consolation, I know.

It is highly likely that the $500 Carnival GCs will be back soon.  I noted that the $500 Princess and HAL gift cards are still there, so that is reassuring.  I was going to buy $700 in Carnival GCs this morning, really don't want to do all of that in multiples of $100.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, sasandy said:

If you don't mind punching in all the numbers, you can use as many as you like. It's unlikely that they pulled them intentionally. Probably just ran out, and if demand is high, then that's a good reason for them to restock. I haven't been following AARP's stock very closely, but I doubt it'll be too long of a wait. A week or two maybe (just don't quote me on that 😉).

• Like 1

OMG!!!  I JUST WON!!!!!

I won a $20 Best Buy ecard on the spin game. I do find it amusing that they don't have ecards, but when you win, you get an ecard.  

I had kind of given up hope of winning!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, sasandy said:

You can use as many as you need to, but there is a limit on the number of gift cards per transaction, I think 5. You'll just need to do multiple transactions, as needed

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, tw67 said:

OMG!!!  I JUST WON!!!!!

I won a $20 Best Buy ecard on the spin game. I do find it amusing that they don't have ecards, but when you win, you get an ecard.  

I had kind of given up hope of winning!

Nice! I was beginning to think they were just messing with us.

I try for a few of the "Instant Win" gift cards on AARP pretty much every day, but haven't had any luck there either. Some of them are even "Super Play" that have 400 winners, so they must get a lot of players.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jeafl said:

I have searched the AARP website and cannot find where to order the cards,  Can someone help? 

There's 2 sides to their site. The regular AARP side and the Rewards side. To make sure you're on the Rewards side, once you're logged in, click where it says AARP Rewards and your points at the top of the page in the red toolbar. This takes you to the Rewards side.

Scroll down a little bit, right under the 3 black boxes, and click on the "Browse Rewards" drop-down menu, then choose Redeem, Members Only. Carnival cards should be the first one you see.

On 9/23/2023 at 8:23 PM, Organized Chaos said:

There's 2 sides to their site. The regular AARP side and the Rewards side. To make sure you're on the Rewards side, once you're logged in, click where it says AARP Rewards and your points at the top of the page in the red toolbar. This takes you to the Rewards side.

Scroll down a little bit, right under the 3 black boxes, and click on the "Browse Rewards" drop-down menu, then choose Redeem, Members Only. Carnival cards should be the first one you see.

Thank you!  I was able to order the $100 cards, but it looks like they are still out of $500 cards.

• Like 1