What ports have Global Entry/Nexus lanes?

donswife

I am excited that we just got our Nexus cards, which include Global Entry. I was wondering which Princess embarkation ports or if all have expedited customs lanes.

Thanks.

I know FLL does we used it in December and have read Miami either is or toying with the idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am excited that we just got our Nexus cards, which include Global Entry. I was wondering which Princess embarkation ports or if all have expedited customs lanes.

Thanks.

As has been said the only Princess turnaround port so far is Ft Lauderdale. (And the only other port anywhere is Miami).

But whether your passage through Customs will be "expedited" (as at an airport) depends totally on the agent manning that line. There are no Global Entry kiosks, just a separate line for those with Trusted Traveler cards. You are processed by an agent undergoing the exact same procedure as everyone else--only advantage is the possibility that only a few others will have Global Entry thus the possibility of the line being shorter.

Though at least having a separate Trusted Traveler line seems to be working better than the start up of accepting the Digital Passport in Ft Lauderdale and Miami, with reports of the system being slower than the manual checks if more than a small handful are trying to use it.

Edited by fishywood

As has been said the only Princess turnaround port so far is Ft Lauderdale. (And the only other port anywhere is Miami).

But whether your passage through Customs will be "expedited" (as at an airport) depends totally on the agent manning that line. There are no Global Entry kiosks, just a separate line for those with Trusted Traveler cards. You are processed by an agent undergoing the exact same procedure as everyone else--only advantage is the possibility that only a few others will have Global Entry thus the possibility of the line being shorter.

Though at least having a separate Trusted Traveler line seems to be working better than the start up of accepting the Digital Passport in Ft Lauderdale and Miami, with reports of the system being slower than the manual checks if more than a small handful are trying to use it.

So if I am understanding correctly, many ports have a "trusted traveler" line, which still require face to face with an agent, while only Fort Lauderdale has a self serve kiosk?

Thank you for your reply.

So if I am understanding correctly, many ports have a "trusted traveler" line, which still require face to face with an agent, while only Fort Lauderdale has a self serve kiosk?

Thank you for your reply.

All but one Customs line, at least at Pier 26, are standard Customs check, the other is a manned GE line. No kiosk you need your GE card.

Trusted Traveler is the catchall name for the US & Candian programs such as Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI and FAST.

If you have a NEXUS card it automatically incorporates Global Entry privileges at airports as well.

At each terminal at Port Everglades there is a separate line for those with Global Entry (and by inclusion, NEXUS). But again there are NO kiosks in that line so simply swiping your passport and leaving as at airports will NOT be an option. You must have your NEXUS card out to present to the live agent who will process you the same way as other without any Trusted Traveler privileges. The line may be shorter, but it also may not, which was my original point that expecting to be "expedited" at Port Everglades may be unrealistic.

You must have your NEXUS card out to present to the live agent who will process you the same way as other without any Trusted Traveler privileges.

Why do you need to present the NEXUS card to the agent?

When he runs your passport, he/she will see that you have NEXUS status.

Now the person sending you to the shorter GE/NEXUS line may ask to see the card to be sure you deserve to be in that line, but I do not think the immigration agent needs to see it.

We recently went through Miami two times on a B2B Cruise. We have Global Entry. There are two exits marked "Global Entry", however, the employees working the terminal were sending everybody to ALL exits, so our Global Entry didn't help us much. The first time we went through the line the agent asked us why we were waiting in line like everybody else and we tried to explain that that's what we were told to do by the employees, he just replied "well, you didn't have to". The second time we did early walk off, so no crowds and it didn't matter. I am encouraged that Miami is at least trying to implement Global Entry and believe it will work at some point. We did have our card with us, as when we were in Ft. Lauderdale the card was required at that time.

Why do you need to present the NEXUS card to the agent?

When he runs your passport, he/she will see that you have NEXUS status.

Now the person sending you to the shorter GE/NEXUS line may ask to see the card to be sure you deserve to be in that line, but I do not think the immigration agent needs to see it.

When we went thru the GE line at Port Everglades they just wanted initially to see your GE card to prove you were GE, then they went they the same procedure as any Customs line to verify your entry and Passport, no scanner for the PP was present. That's not to say at some point in the future they may implement one. So it's not like the airports where they have Kiosks or scanners.

• 1 year later...
Any updated information on Global Entry for cruiseports? Arriving at port of Seattle and wondering if it has GE. Don't see it on website, might call port. Thanks for any info.

Don't know about Seattle, but as of April 9th, the Global Entry procedures at Port Everglades are the same as described above. You must have your card in hand in order to get into the short line, but once there you go through the normal procedure with an agent; there's no kiosk. It was a Princess shore agent asking to see the GE card, not a US Customs agent.

At least at Port Everglades, they don't want you to fill out the customs forms any more unless you're bringing back more than your allowance.

Also, don't forget that each of you has to fill out the customs form. The agent that did our GE interviews told us to always fill out one blue form for each of us.

They are no longer giving these out for Florida regardless of whether or not you have global entry. I was surprised to not receive one with the disembarkation paperwork.

I just got the renewal information for GE and it now states that you don't have to complete the paper customs declaration form (CBP6059B) prior to arrival.

Perhaps they have made changes? I know that I haven't filled done out since we got one. I do grab one prior to getting off the plane just in case I need it but don't bother filling it out.

April 1, in Port Everglades, Global Entry line marked, but not truly operative. They were shuttling anyone into the line, no kiosks, just a mish mosh. But GOES really does save time at US airports coming in from international flights.

At Port Everglades, we always use it and are shuttled to the front GE/NEXUS line, usually non-existant, so we get to an agent much quicker. Remember to use your NEXUS card for your traveler information for your flight instead of your passport. If TSA Pre-check is available for your airline at FLL, it really helps. So far, just Air Canada, not WestJet in FLL but the latter are working on it. You can check online by airport.

The current status is Port Everglades and Port Miami have GE. There won't be kiosks...TSA has made no mention of putting kiosks there.

The unique situation at Vancouver where boarding the ship causes you to exit Canada and enter the US allows for the use of GE there as well. Again, no kiosks.

No other ports currently have GE.

Any updated information on Global Entry for cruiseports? Arriving at port of Seattle and wondering if it has GE. Don't see it on website, might call port. Thanks for any info.

It would be worth getting an update from Seattle directly. We almost got stuck there coming back from a RT to Alaska (drove across border, used Nexus to cross, and parked at terminal for the week) when border agent just off the ship wouldn’t accept our Nexus even though their own website says it’s accepted at sea ports (and is equivalent to your passport )not just ones that have special kiosks).

It would be worth getting an update from Seattle directly. We almost got stuck there coming back from a RT to Alaska (drove across border, used Nexus to cross, and parked at terminal for the week) when border agent just off the ship wouldn’t accept our Nexus even though their own website says it’s accepted at sea ports (and is equivalent to your passport )not just ones that have special kiosks).

Called Seattle Cruise port. It does not have GE kiosks.

We have "jumped the line" every time we have sailed back to FLL at Port Everglades. As we debark we just ask any Princess rep directing the lines "Global Entry please" and we are directed to head of a line. We have never had to wait more than 1-2 persons. This has worked very well for us at Port Everglades.

We have "jumped the line" every time we have sailed back to FLL at Port Everglades. As we debark we just ask any Princess rep directing the lines "Global Entry please" and we are directed to head of a line. We have never had to wait more than 1-2 persons. This has worked very well for us at Port Everglades.

This has been our experience as well - show the card to the rep & go into the short line. Last time we were behind another couple waiting. I actually did a test earlier this year - I hit the stopwatch on my phone right before exiting the ship -- off the ship, collected luggage, through the GE line and out to shuttle area (where one had just arrived). When I got on the shuttle, I checked my timer -- 14 minutes!