What ports have Global Entry/Nexus lanes?

donswife

Pan American Terminal in San Juan (Royal/Celebrity terminal.) I was in the regular line when the lady started asking if there was anyone with Global Entry. There are no signs at all, so it might be in a testing phase. I just know I was happy that I had my card with me.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
April 1, in Port Everglades, Global Entry line marked, but not truly operative. They were shuttling anyone into the line, no kiosks, just a mish mosh. But GOES really does save time at US airports coming in from international flights.

We had the same experience at FLL in December, a GO line with no one checking cards, no faster than any other line.

Self-debarked and zipped right through a manned GOES lane at FLL in 2016. Took a minute or two and bypassed the super long lines. Also gets you Pre-Check at airports. Although, we fly 1st class and AA had been marking us Pre-Check anyway.

Vancouver has it as well. But the problem is that there is just one agent for the Nexus line as opposed to about five agents for the regular line. We used it two years ago for our cruise to Alaska and would have been through faster in regular line.

Just got back from a cruise to Alaska through Seattle. No customs form any more. We used the Sea-Tac free luggage transport to the airport for our luggage. We were one of the first groups off because we used this service and had a noon flight. Walked right up to custom kiosk and the agent looked at our passport and walked right up to the bus to the airport. Quick!!!!! Our luggage made it safe and sound to our airport at home. Was so nice not having to drag the luggage around. Use the Sea-Tac service, it is painless.

Vancouver has it as well. But the problem is that there is just one agent for the Nexus line as opposed to about five agents for the regular line. We used it two years ago for our cruise to Alaska and would have been through faster in regular line.

Still one person (as of May) but it was way shorter than the regular line. We pre-cleared as we were departing Vancouver.

Vancouver has a single NEXUS line, which doesn't make a lot of difference, especially as the agent I had was having troubles with his computer and complaining about their system. I've never faced lines getting off in Seattle, just agents taking customs forms and taking a glance at your NEXUS card or passport. Some customs agents don't realize it can be used for sea travel entries (only beginning and ending at the same port, according to their website), so I print out the customs page for agents not aware of it. It's even more complicated by LA agents at the Carnival terminal not willing to accept NEXUS at all, so I have to use my enhanced driver's license. It's definitely frustrating when customs agents working a cruise don't know the acceptable documents, so it might be worthwhile just to carry along a passport to avoid potential hassles.

The easiest port I've found is San Diego on Holland Mexico cruises, where they just do a quick passport check without using computers, which seems to make more sense--do they expect criminals to make a trip to Alaska, knowing that they will be screened departing or arriving, or do they think that somebody would try to somehow pass ship security and stowaway on a ship to get to the US? It seems to be a waste of resources and that with much more pressing problems and dangers, customs/immigration agents could focus their resources elsewhere, and I'm sure agents aren't enthused to face thousands of anxious and impatient passengers early on a weekend morning.

• 4 months later...
19 minutes ago, Tutpug said:

Does anyone know if the Global Entry/Trusted Traveler program has been fully implemented in Port Everglades? Returning to this port aboard HAL Nieuw Statendam 12/30/18.

The program exists more or less just for air travel. What you will find at Port Everglades is a separate line for those enrolled in a trusted traveler program, or who are using the mobile passport app. It will never be "implemented" as it is in airports; there are no passport scanners so you must carry proof of enrollment (ie your NEXUS card) and/or show the mobile passport app to use that line. But once reaching the agent you will be processed the same as everyone else--which is usually just a glance and a wave in any case.

28 minutes ago, Tutpug said:

Does anyone know if the Global Entry/Trusted Traveler program has been fully implemented in Port Everglades? Returning to this port aboard HAL Nieuw Statendam 12/30/18.

We use it all the time in Port Everglades (having said that, I want to clarify and state that this was debarking Princess).  They had a separate line and we had to show our cards to use the very short line.  On out last cruise, there was one couple ahead of us - we were through Customs in a matter of minutes!

9 minutes ago, FLCruise7 said:

We use it all the time in Port Everglades (having said that, I want to clarify and state that this was debarking Princess).  They had a separate line and we had to show our cards to use the very short line.  On out last cruise, there was one couple ahead of us - we were through Customs in a matter of minutes!

Again, at Port Everglades you use your card to gain access to a (potentially) faster line. But there is no actual system implementation as the thread bumper in post #37 inquired about. Now if one is answering the OP's original question as to "separate lanes" that is the true scope of what you will find at Port Everglades. But nothing beyond that.

....and not to be further pedantic, but as also noted by some previous responses there is no longer any routine Customs inspection when disembarking. The agent does briefly eyeball your passport, which would be an Immigration check only.

2 hours ago, Tutpug said:

Last year we arrived in Port Everglades on the Konigsdam.  There was no kiosk but we showed our GE card and was sent to a special line for global entry.  No problem, went right through.

2 hours ago, fishywood said:

The program exists more or less just for air travel. What you will find at Port Everglades is a separate line for those enrolled in a trusted traveler program, or who are using the mobile passport app. It will never be "implemented" as it is in airports; there are no passport scanners so you must carry proof of enrollment (ie your NEXUS card) and/or show the mobile passport app to use that line. But once reaching the agent you will be processed the same as everyone else--which is usually just a glance and a wave in any case.

The mobile passport app zipped us right through at Pt Everglades. Just had to have our passports open for him to look at. 

Just two people in line ahead of us. 

• 2 weeks later...

We used the Global Entry line in Fort Lauderdale port a few weeks ago.

I don't carry the card with me and just showed my passport. No problem at all.

In fact they let my husband come through with me and he doesn't even have Global Entry at all!

4 hours ago, naylenk said:

Does anyone know about a global entry line at Port Canaveral?

You might want to ask this on the Carnival, Disney, NCL or Royal Caribbean forums. Princess doesn't sail to or from Port Canaveral.

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, heath_durbin said:

Was just out of Long Beach this week, 9/11 2021, and Carnival refused to accept the Nexus card.

I checked the website, it now says it’s only valid as proof of identity. (ID)

Not enough passenger traffic for LB to have much of a Global Entry system.