Alarm Clock

chester2012

I always use my phone as alarm clock - Alarm will work in both airplane mode or normal mode - however I do newer change to airplane mode at a cruise.

Only problem is if time change during the cruise - make sure that automatic time change is disabled in 'Date & Time' - and then adjust for the time change your self - it will not always change time automatically when cruising.

Just another hint: Also make sure that 'data roaming' is not enabled for mobile data for your network.

Right. I always use my phone too, and manual entry is actually better than automatic at sea anyway because your time changes when the captain says it does, not necessarily when you literally cross a time zone line. So there will be a note in your cabin, a notify in the daily, and a reminder by the cruise director when they change the ship time. So just go with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We never take our cell phones on our cruises, since they don't work in Europe or Asia.

Be careful about using a cell phone on board and what fees you may pickup.

We rely on a walkup call. It is easy to set up on your cabin phone.

We rely on a walkup call. It is easy to set up on your cabin phone.

We just started using wakeup calls on our last cruise. So easy to do (it's an automated system). The only issue we had was the last morning when we didn't receive our wakeup call. I have a feeling the system was overworked with people setting wake up calls for disembarkation.

Edited by C-line
added an extra letterr

I guess I'm the only person who wakes up in the night wanting to know what time it is [emoji57]... wake up calls and room service are all fine but I still like having a clock in the room that lights up so I can easily see what time it is without turning the light or TV on

I guess I'm the only person who wakes up in the night wanting to know what time it is [emoji57]... wake up calls and room service are all fine but I still like having a clock in the room that lights up so I can easily see what time it is without turning the light or TV on

Nope - you're not the only one :)

We will be bringing a small clock because we both tend to wake up during the night, and we like knowing what time it is.

I have decided that while on a cruise, our wake-up call is going to be a delivery of hot coffee, juice and chocolate croissants in the morning :D

• 2 weeks later...
Trying to pack only the essentials. I use my smartphone as my alarm clock. However, being out at sea not sure how accurate it will be. Will be in airplane mode most of the time. Do most people bring a travel clock.

Thanks

When we sailed on Breakaway in August my phone was NEVER correct and I never knew what time it was. I like to set my alarm, get up work out all on a schedule as well as know what time it is in the middle of the night. It was the first time I had this problem with my phone on a ship but it was SO annoying that I purchased a travel alarm clock for my cruise the end of this month.

For under $20 you can put your phone away and not have to wonder if your time is correct.

I purchased this clock since I wanted one that ran on batteries or could be plugged in and wanted one with a sensor so I could see the time at night without having to press any buttons and also able to see the alarm time. Using in two weeks. Cant wait!

IMG_1486946439.855257.jpg.a4f628df1bb2cc9b15d8804a84f0bb16.jpg

Enjoy.

Siri and Alexa have competition in this area - NCL has Gretel who's husky raspy voice will demand your attention !

Use the house (cabin) phone and I like the Room Service option for Continental breakfast as a wake up !

R. S. Caution may not be available on the last cruise day but the wake up calls are !

Note watch the battery use on your cell phone if used for wake-up calls - no battery power - no call !