High profile Queenslander sues agent, cruise line

I am sure there would be a clause in the Terms and conditions saying that passengers have to have the correct documentation - passport where required and visas where required. I imagine his TA didn't tell him because it didn't occur to the TA that someone going overseas could be so stupid. :D

If (big if) he hastheletter he says he has, maybe his claim should be against "Border Security".

Yes. So he has a letter saying that he is allowed to depart Australia without a passport?? Can't imagine that. And seemingly he obtained that back in May?? What, so he didn't have to get a passport for a OS cruise months later?

Claims it caused his relationship breakdown - don't doubt it when the partner realised what a dope he is.

Now the cruiseline & the TA need to spend money to defend this claim. This country needs laws with severe penalties for ridiculous legal actions. And we need to start putting mental defectives into sanitariums again, although that may mean we lose one of the regular posters on here, or even a whole bunch of his various iterations :)

Maybe the travel agent did stuff up?????

On all the cruises I have been on a passport number and details is required before they even issue the ticket.

I once used a travel agent to get Qantas Frequent Flier points for my payment however I stopped using this agent after a cruise I had booked the tickets did not arrive after repeated requests from the cruise line to inform them of my passport details. Needless to say I have not used a travel agent since and refuse to do any dealings with the cruise booking agency responsible and advice everyone I know not to use this company.

This guy looks like a complete nutter, if you read his statement of claim, probably a vexatious litigant trying it on...with any luck a Judge will make a costs order against him in favour of the travel agent and RCI... I really got a giggle out of claim though:D

He's a looney alright!!

I would be most interested to see this so called letter. I can't imagine that anyone who isn't stateless would be able to travel internationally without a passport.

Even if an agent did stuff a few things up there's no way it would cause everything he claims it did.

I would love to read the statement of claims and any affidavits he swore in support of it. I need a good laugh while counting down the days [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Abbott, a former leader of the men’s rights group Blackshirts, is renowned for his strong stance against Islam, and was criticized for demanding Muslims be banned from the Glitter Strip and for claiming Christians and Muslims couldn’t mix.

Really I think this line in the article explains all we need to know!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

My goodness, what a dope. Even children know you have a passport to travel to another country, as it is in films and on TV.

I do not understand this phenomenon of people who cannot take the blame for their mistakes and subsequently think that everything that goes wrong is someone else's fault.:(

My goodness, what a dope. Even children know you have a passport to travel to another country, as it is in films and on TV.

I do not understand this phenomenon of people who cannot take the blame for their mistakes and subsequently think that everything that goes wrong is someone else's fault.:(

G'day MicCanberra,

Its because our judicial system (and everywhere elses) no longer recognises personal responsibility!!! Of course you need a passport to go overseas, always has and now more than ever will be the case. I think the emphasis here is.....Can I make some money (or recoup my losses) from/for my own mistake?????

cya

bl262000

G'day MicCanberra,

Its because our judicial system (and everywhere elses) no longer recognises personal responsibility!!! Of course you need a passport to go overseas, always has and now more than ever will be the case. I think the emphasis here is.....Can I make some money (or recoup my losses) from/for my own mistake?????

cya

bl262000

Yes, it is sad that so many chase the ambulance so to speak.:(

He claims he had advice from the Immigration officials (Border Force) that he did not need a passport. But to get the correct answer to any question, you first of all have to ask the correct question. If he asked "Do I need a passport on a cruise where I will not be getting off the ship" they may have assumed it was a 'cruise to no-where' with no overseas ports at all. Then their answer makes sense. With the cruise having an overseas port, anyone is free to disembark.

The comment that he would need a passport to get back into Australia is correct. He would also need a passport to leave Australia. If it was possible to get on a cruise like this one without a passport, it would be an avenue of 'escape' for people the Australian authorities want to keep in the country.

Valid points about needing a passport to leave the country and also to return. Of course, if someone really wanted to escape the country with out a passport, this is easily done, private boats, etc. Even a cruise domestic cruise and jump ship.

Hardly think he's a high profile Queenslander....I've voted in the Gold Coast council elections for the last 28 years and I've never heard of him, so if he stood for mayor he certainly didn't make an impression.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hardly think he's a high profile Queenslander....I've voted in the Gold Coast council elections for the last 28 years and I've never heard of him, so if he stood for mayor he certainly didn't make an impression.

Yes, who are 'high profile' or 'a celebrity' is certainly in the eye of the beholder. I admit I am not a follower of celebrities or 'reality' shows etc, so am often surprised to read/hear of someone 'famous' in the news & I've never heard of them!

And, though not specifically stated in the 'story', do we deduce from what was written, that the partner and friends did bring their passports & hence went on the cruise, leaving the idiot, and his letter, behind??

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

LOL, I or my Gold coast friends hadn't either.