Silhouette WiFi

kayehall

Pricing is the same on all Celebrity ships.

Only option is for unlimited Internet and the cost is based on the length of the cruise. There is a 10% discount if booked pre-cruise.

Last price list I saw had the following pricing when purchased on board.

2-3 days for $84

4-6 days for $164

7-9 days for $264

10-13 days for $314

14+ days for $344

Thanks for the info. We are on a 7 day cruise, Silhouette. But really the first day, you will have Wifi until we sail at 4pm ish. And the last day, we are in port early so again WiFi available. So does it make sense to purchase the 4-6 day package? Also do you know anything about roaming charges if you are using your phone? This stuff completely confuses me but as I mentioned...info not for me but a friend:)

FYI about WIFI on Silhouette...

We were in a cabin just outside of the library on Silhouette last month. I NEVER got a connection in the cabin. I had great service if I stepped into the library, though. If I had been paying for it (it was a perk) I would have been mad. LOL

On Silhouette two weeks ago. We were in the Aft corner on deck 10. The WiFi signal was very good there. As for the phone, on later Apple models such as iPhone7 or 6s you can connect to ship WiFi and leave your phone on WiFi calling for free calls and iMessages. This works great with Verizon and I have seen other posts about ATT as well. No carrier charges. You can do the same in ports if you find a WiFi signal at a cafe or just ask a crewmember where they go.

It is cheaper to pay before sailing, not sure the discount. There's also a discount if you are an Elite level. I paid $188 for a 12 night cruise coming up this August. Last summer on the Equinox, they also offered 1/2 off for second person to have an account. When I asked X about this for this summer, they said I'd have to check once onboard. Their internet speed was very good. My husband and I kept knocking each other off and my two kids were doing the same thing with their account. Hard to keep up with stateside boyfriends.

What are the prices for WiFi on the Silhouette? I can't find the pricing quote on their website. Some of my friends want to stay connected!!! TY

Elite and Elite Plus each get a number of free WIFI minutes on each cruise. Check your perk sheets for the coupons when you get onboard. I think I get 180 minutes as Elite Plus.

Ask the staff where they find free WIFI in ports. As I have travelled on the east and west coast cruises a number of cruise terminals have had free WIFI. I'm not sure about the Caribbean.

Elite and Elite Plus each get a number of free WIFI minutes on each cruise. Check your perk sheets for the coupons when you get onboard. I think I get 180 minutes as Elite Plus.

Each Elite+ member gets 240 minutes. 90 minutes for Elite.

Mike

We thoroughly enjoyed having the unlimited plan onboard and not using port time finding WiFi and catching up with home. It also helped to confirm tours before getting off the ship for the day. The 90 min. for Elite goes very quickly and if you forget to log out the clock keeps ticking.

Eileen

Each Elite+ member gets 240 minutes. 90 minutes for Elite.

Mike

On Silhouette two weeks ago. We were in the Aft corner on deck 10. The WiFi signal was very good there. As for the phone, on later Apple models such as iPhone7 or 6s you can connect to ship WiFi and leave your phone on WiFi calling for free calls and iMessages. This works great with Verizon and I have seen other posts about ATT as well. No carrier charges. You can do the same in ports if you find a WiFi signal at a cafe or just ask a crewmember where they go.

Is this for the Caribbean? What about Europe? Doesn't this make a difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We thoroughly enjoyed having the unlimited plan onboard and not using port time finding WiFi and catching up with home. It also helped to confirm tours before getting off the ship for the day. The 90 min. for Elite goes very quickly and if you forget to log out the clock keeps ticking.

If you need to purchase the unlimited package, then the free elite minutes are meaningless.

FYI about WIFI on Silhouette...

We were in a cabin just outside of the library on Silhouette last month. I NEVER got a connection in the cabin. I had great service if I stepped into the library, though. If I had been paying for it (it was a perk) I would have been mad. LOL

My cabin is very near the card room. I assume that is a similar location to the library but on different decks. I wonder if the wifi is poor there as well. I will be very disappointed as I paid for the unlimited on a 14 day cruise. Has anyone had experience with the wifi on Silhouette in a cabin near the card room?

Hi! I've read this forum and have learned a bit for an old man..... Can any of you sharp folks tell me if my wife can call/text while on the ship to her family in TN (we're on AT&T here) if we get the ship's internet package when booking? Also, will my smartphone work onboard as well? Finallly, would there be any additional costs from our carrier (AT&T)? Thanks, in advance, to all of you smart people!

Hi! I've read this forum and have learned a bit for an old man..... Can any of you sharp folks tell me if my wife can call/text while on the ship to her family in TN (we're on AT&T here) if we get the ship's internet package when booking? Also, will my smartphone work onboard as well? Finallly, would there be any additional costs from our carrier (AT&T)? Thanks, in advance, to all of you smart people!

Under certain conditions yes. If you are using an iphone 6 or higher, you can setup wifi calling with AT&T and can make domestic calls to the US from the ship. Ensure that you have your phone in airplane mode to know that you are 100% utilizing only the WIFI. But, you must setup wifi calling with AT&T. I'm sure that android devices work as well, just don't know the details.

From a texting perspective, with any iphone version, if you are texting another Apple device using their texting platform, it will utilize the data network, which would be the wifi connection, and you would not be charged. One way to ensure you are doing this if your text background is blue and not green with the person you are texting. As stated above,ensure you are in airplane mode, which I cannot stress enough. If you are using an iphone and the person you are texting does not have an Apple device, you would need to use a 3rd party app such as Skype to avoid charges. This would be necessary on both your device and the person you are texting. For android, not sure.

• 2 weeks later...
Do the 90 minutes for Elite have to be used in one block or can you use it over a few days?

They can be used over multiple days. One warning! Make sure you log off each time you end your session or the meter keeps running and will run your minutes out quickly.

You really don't need an exceptional amount of time if you use your time wisely and have applications that allow you to compose/read offline.

Our free minutes from CC are more than enough (and we do 12-14 day cruises only) and we run 2 businesses from the ship.