Beverage Package Breakdown

sandc4e

Beverage packages....sharing from a post I saw on another site.

1. Classic Non-Alcoholic Package

In addition to enjoying your favorite Coca Cola can and fountain soda selections such as Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange and Coke Zero, you may also enjoy fresh and bottled juices, premium coffees and teas, and non-premium bottled water. *Starting from: 18.00 USD Per NIGHT

2. Premium Non-Alcoholic Package

Savor nearly our entire selection of sodas on board including all canned and fountain soft drinks from Coca-Cola, premium bottled water from Evian, Perrier and San Pellegrino, specialty coffees and teas, non-alcoholic frozen drinks and smoothies, Red Bull Energy Drink and specialty waters from Vitamin Water. *Starting from: 22.00 USD Per NIGHT

3. Classic Package

Throughout your cruise, choose from beers up to $6 per serving, spirits, cocktails, liqueurs and frozen drinksup to $8 per serving, and wine-by-the-glass up to $9 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Classic Package, you can enjoy a 15% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list. *Starting from: 55.00 USD Per NIGHT

4. Premium Package

Enjoy our entire selection of fine craft beers, top-shelf spirits, premium cocktails and wines-by-the-glass up to $13 per serving. Indulge in unique craft cocktails, extra-large martinis, even liquid nitrogen-chilled cocktails. Plus, with purchase of this Premium Package, you can enjoy a 20% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list. *Starting from: 65.00 USD Per NIGHT

5. Standard Package

Choose select beers and wines, spirits, cocktails, liquors and frozen drinks up to $6 per serving. Brand availability varies by bar location, but includes a variety of well branded spirits, popular wines and beers, fountain sodas, and bottled water. Plus, with purchase of this Standard Package, you can enjoy a 10% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list.*Starting from: 45.00 USD Per NIGHT

*All prices in USD are subject to change without notice. An 18% service charge will be added to Soda, Wine, Water, Classic and Premium Package prices at checkout. Package prices may reflect an additional tax for certain ports or itineraries. Packages are sold on a per cruise basis, are not sold on a per day or any other basis, and no refunds will be issued for unused amounts. Packages may not be shared, and do not include beverages sold in gift shops, mini-bar or room service. Ordered packages may be modified up to four days prior to sailing by canceling and reordering the package. Cancellations or refunds will not be issued onboard the vessel after embarkation day. Availability of beverage packages varies by ship. You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase any alcoholic package and to consume alcohol. See the terms of our guest alcohol policy. Other terms and conditions apply.

*As discussed, if you buy one before you embark and want to change when you board, they will happily accept your money.

*As discussed, if you have a Classic Package as a perk,m yes you can pay $11.80pp/pd to upgrade to Premium (yes, even though it was a perk, yes, you can upgrade)

The OP's description is missing one very important factoid. With the Premium Package, if you purchase a drink that exceeds the maximum allowed cost, you simply are charged the difference between the package maximum and the cost of the item. But with the Classic Package, if you exceed the allowed maximum cost...you are billed the entire amount of the drink. It is a huge difference for those that want to drink higher priced wines or booze.

Hank

For any included perk package, gratuity is also included at no charge. However, if you upgrade, you pay the 18% gratuity on the difference. So, going from an included classic package to the premium package is a $11.80 usd / person / day cost. That is $10 for the cost difference plus 18% on that cost difference. Hope that clarifies.

Yes, NCL charges the 18% gratuity on the package value even if it's given as a perk. You also pay taxes in certain US and European ports, although I heard they've gone to a no-receipt system, so this may have changed. I know we've been charged tax on sailings from Nola and Miami while in state waters or port.

Now I understand that X does NOT charge the taxes for the perk (one of the reasons we chose X for our next cruise!),except for the upgrade to Premium, which I plan to do on one of the cards (mine).

This is great info. This will be our first cruise with Celebrity and first time with a drink package. I see that frozen drinks up to $8 per serving are included in the Classic package. My question is, are the prices of a frozen margarita or daiquiri within this amount? It seems like they were more than that on other lines we have been on. Thanks for any info!

This is great info. This will be our first cruise with Celebrity and first time with a drink package. I see that frozen drinks up to $8 per serving are included in the Classic package. My question is, are the prices of a frozen margarita or daiquiri within this amount? It seems like they were more than that on other lines we have been on. Thanks for any info!

They should be. We had the classic package. We drank pina colodas by the pool almost every day.

We had considered upgrading but thanks to our sommelier found some wines that were satisfactory. No single malt scotch on the classic, but I got by on Heinekens, Coronas, and G&T.

We had classic package on recent Equinox cruise & almost any cocktail was available, just not made with premium liquors. Had Miami vice, mudslide, margarita, pina colada, etc.