Finally lowering bottled water prices

leeker13

I just spoke with a rep. They indicated that they will automagically credit the difference as onboard credit.

I explained that I thought the computer would go into thermal overload when it tried to figure out how to apply a credit to an item that is no longer available (18 pack). Would they just give me the 24 pack at the 18 pack price along with a credit? Would they show up with a 12 pack? Would nothing happen?

I wrote a note to my PCC to handle.

I don't care about the couple of bucks difference, I want the water.

. Maybe they will give you a12 pack and a 6 pack with once.

I can't believe that there are 60 posts on this.
I predict this one will surpass that one by the end of the week.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

You must be new here.

The original "water thread" was over 2,000 posts if I remember right.

Call it what you must, but popularity of a thread says a lot for the content. And if you are tired of reading this, imagine how NCL feels. Instead of lowering their price from 4-5 times the competition to only triple the competition, maybe they should consider how sensitive the bottled water is to so many guests, and maybe they should make this available at a reasonable price. I agree, some of you don't care, and will cruise NCL anyhow. But the market share that does care clearly feels NCL is taking advantage of them. Reading the threads, I imagine that neglected market share is close to half.

This is still extremely insulting. Let people bring on the water of their choice.

Do you feel insulted when you can't bring your own wine into a restaurant, but instead have to pay for it and pick from a list supplied by the restaurant?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Call it what you must, but popularity of a thread says a lot for the content. And if you are tired of reading this, imagine how NCL feels. Instead of lowering their price from 4-5 times the competition to only triple the competition, maybe they should consider how sensitive the bottled water is to so many guests, and maybe they should make this available at a reasonable price. I agree, some of you don't care, and will cruise NCL anyhow. But the market share that does care clearly feels NCL is taking advantage of them. Reading the threads, I imagine that neglected market share is close to half.

The ships are sailing full and the water has been over-priced for years. This isn't a problem for NCL. The folks who are being overly dramatic about this have a few choices, and you know what they are by now, right? ;)

The ships are sailing full and the water has been over-priced for years. This isn't a problem for NCL. The folks who are being overly dramatic about this have a few choices, and you know what they are by now, right? ;)

Ive been told that NCL are paying for the 4 new ships ordered purely by the cash generated from water sales in the past two years [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is there something wrong with the "tap" water that makes people buy the bottled water? I always take an insulated water bottle and refill 5x/day. I would drink a 6pk of bottles (20oz) per day. Am I missing something?

Same! husband and i filled our 32oz cups regularly at the buffet and neither of us turned green or developed dysentery :p

Ive been told that NCL are paying for the 4 new ships ordered purely by the cash generated from water sales in the past two years [emoji6]

The new ships will solve the water problem. They are going to have gourmet water bars which will serve everything from the basic Aquafina to water hand scooped by virgins from Tibetan mountain streams.

No word yet on whether or not it will be covered by the UBP.

The new ships will solve the water problem. They are going to have gourmet water bars which will serve everything from the basic Aquafina to water hand scooped by virgins from Tibetan mountain streams.

No word yet on whether or not it will be covered by the UBP.

Don't be silly, It'll be covered by the UWP. $70 per day plus grats.

Edited by NCLfamily

Do you feel insulted when you can't bring your own wine into a restaurant, but instead have to pay for it and pick from a list supplied by the restaurant?

I've don't know any restaurants that forbid bringing in a water bottle, nor have I ever paid $6 for a bottle of water at a restaurant. Not sure your wine example really fits here. Especially considering you can carry on a bottle of wine with NCL.

Did you just wink at me Colin? How cute!

I imagine water has been overpriced for years. Didn't really matter when you could BYOW.

And I don't know "what they are by now". Please enlighten me. Spell it out. With a wink, if need be.

I do not see a problem with having pop or water in your cabin.

I've don't know any restaurants that forbid bringing in a water bottle, nor have I ever paid $6 for a bottle of water at a restaurant. Not sure your wine example really fits here. Especially considering you can carry on a bottle of wine with NCL.

Could not be said any better