Carnival Glory Drydock Update

Shaded Lady

Also of note, the cruise for 3/18 was not booked until the end of December 2016. I spoke with carnival directly prior to calling my Travel Agent and no mention was made of construction issues. When it was first announced that the ship would not be done for the March 18th sailing, Carnival did not contact me. They emailed my agent to tell me. They are truly afraid to speak with us, the customer.

Again, they are not afraid to speak to the customer... they are contractually forbidden to speak directly with you... CCL cannot violate the contract with the travel agents (CLIA, IATA or whatever organization your TA is registered with)

I was notified by my Travel agent. But, if they were not supposed to talk to me, why did they take my call after the notice to the agent? They were more than happy to talk with me then even after i told them i booked thru an agent. They were vague in their answers then, too. So, they are in conflict with their policy of not talking to customers who book thru agents if it is not convenient for Carnival.

Well it may be almost 12:00 (midnight) here in KC, but I'm emailing my TA NOW here in KC. That is the least she could have done, notify me that the Glory was going into dry dock, etc. before and even during our cruise, and I should be compensated in some way for this.

As for the age of my sons, they are "adults," but they are still in some ways, young at heart. :)

Living in Florida I had some flexibility on my departure so I called carnival on several occasions to find a suitable replacement cruise. They made it 100% right with me and moved us to the 17th sailing on sunshine. However, On every one of my 4 calls, I was assured that the compensation offered to pre dry dock cruisers would be extended to the post dry dock sailings upon embarkation. If you're stuck on those sailings,I would encourage a call to inquire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nicole9s, or Spencercoop, or someone, would you please forward to me, or send me something "showing" the OBC, as there are 8 of us sailing on the 18th, and I know they are very concerned, since this has happened, as their money is very tight, and they need ME to get an answer for them, or some type of compensation.

Nicole9s, or Spencercoop, or someone, would you please forward to me, or send me something "showing" the OBC, as there are 8 of us sailing on the 18th, and I know they are very concerned, since this has happened, as their money is very tight, and they need ME to get an answer for them, or some type of compensation.

According to advance notice from Carnival, passengers booked on the 3/18 Glory sailing will receive $200 per cabin OBC. We also have the option of cancelling and getting a 100% refund or choose another cruise. Nothing more or less since this initial report that was sent the first few days in March. Google Carnival Glory compensation post dry dock. If you booked thru a travel agent, you have to contact them to get the initial notice. They did not contact passengers who booked thru an agent.

Marciaab, thanks for explaining this to me about the compensation, and how you were informed. YES, I just contacted my travel agent,and I had a "feeling" she might be a tad upset, "wondering" where I received this information. Of course, I came up with a good answer (she said they handle many cruise lines and had not been notified, and it was not their job to be checking on things like this, and I DO understand where she was coming from, but wanted to see what SHE would say), and told her I would prefer not saying how I found out, but it was "accurate" information for the 11th & 18th March cruises. I did call Carnival very early this morning, actually about 2 or 3 hours ago, and they were to send me an email, and as of yet, I have not seen anything. :(

Marciaab, thanks for explaining this to me about the compensation, and how you were informed. YES, I just contacted my travel agent,and I had a "feeling" she might be a tad upset, "wondering" where I received this information. Of course, I came up with a good answer (she said they handle many cruise lines and had not been notified, and it was not their job to be checking on things like this, and I DO understand where she was coming from, but wanted to see what SHE would say), and told her I would prefer not saying how I found out, but it was "accurate" information for the 11th & 18th March cruises. I did call Carnival very early this morning, actually about 2 or 3 hours ago, and they were to send me an email, and as of yet, I have not seen anything. :(

I'm on the same sailing as you and I haven't reviewed anything from Carnival. I ask on our roll call to see to see if anyone got a e-mail and no one answered. I'll try again. I'm still putting faith that the $200 will be there.

Like I said I didn't get any notice and I booked directly with carnival

Carnival's timing sucks with this one. WHY would you plan a waterworks upgrade during prime "spring break" cruises? People pay a premium not only in cruise fare, but also in airfare to travel this time of year, not to mention it's "kid heavy" on ships during this time ... if they knew they were doing a water slide demo ... they should have done it another time of year. My Mom and my neice will be sailing on the 11th so they get the $200 OBC but it's still a disappointment for my neice.

Bases5, this is what I did, and I believe I had already posted some of it. Since I had not heard from my agent here in KC (read some of these postings, thank God), I decided to call Carnival first, which I did, sine I am doing the 18th cruise on Glory. She had to do some checking, and said yes, the 11th & 18 would have obc, etc., and someone from Carnival would send me the email, but I never received it after almost 3 hours. During this period, I decided to check with my agent here in KC, and I do understand that they have many cruise lines they deal with, and she didn't seem to know anything about it, but as I told her, I wanted to "ask" first. To make the long story short, I called back to Carnival, and spoke with another customer service rep, and she sent the email to me, right when I was on the computer. Then I heard back from my agents assistant, and she sent me the information too. I have both sheets, and I am "taking" them with me on the cruise to prove our 4 rooms should have this $200 obc, or $100 for each person.

Bases5, this is what I did, and I believe I had already posted some of it. Since I had not heard from my agent here in KC (read some of these postings, thank God), I decided to call Carnival first, which I did, sine I am doing the 18th cruise on Glory. She had to do some checking, and said yes, the 11th & 18 would have obc, etc., and someone from Carnival would send me the email, but I never received it after almost 3 hours. During this period, I decided to check with my agent here in KC, and I do understand that they have many cruise lines they deal with, and she didn't seem to know anything about it, but as I told her, I wanted to "ask" first. To make the long story short, I called back to Carnival, and spoke with another customer service rep, and she sent the email to me, right when I was on the computer. Then I heard back from my agents assistant, and she sent me the information too. I have both sheets, and I am "taking" them with me on the cruise to prove our 4 rooms should have this $200 obc, or $100 for each person.

Attached is the letter your Travel Agent Received...

20946856.pdf

Living in Florida I had some flexibility on my departure so I called carnival on several occasions to find a suitable replacement cruise. They made it 100% right with me and moved us to the 17th sailing on sunshine. However, On every one of my 4 calls, I was assured that the compensation offered to pre dry dock cruisers would be extended to the post dry dock sailings upon embarkation. If you're stuck on those sailings,I would encourage a call to inquire.

I'm going to check on this now. We weren't going to bother calling but we couldn't change due to the non-refundable flight and issues with scheduling time off work. I'll call tonight and update with what they say.

Carnival's timing sucks with this one. WHY would you plan a waterworks upgrade during prime "spring break" cruises? People pay a premium not only in cruise fare, but also in airfare to travel this time of year, not to mention it's "kid heavy" on ships during this time ... if they knew they were doing a water slide demo ... they should have done it another time of year. My Mom and my neice will be sailing on the 11th so they get the $200 OBC but it's still a disappointment for my neice.

There are a limited number of places you can take a 1000 foot ship and get it out of water, so they probably fill up fast and they have to take the slots when they can get them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This........

There are a limited number of places you can take a 1000 foot ship and get it out of water, so they probably fill up fast and they have to take the slots when they can get them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And

Maritime Law states that every 5 years these big passenger cruise ships must go in for dry dock for routine maintenance. Freeport is the nearest dry dock yard thats capable of handling ships this large, They are always busy, the time slot they are offered is it. take it or be in violation of Maritime Laws.

Yikes, really not getting a good feeling about my 3/11 cruise. Kids are going to be disappointed there won't be ANY slides, and worried about how crowded working pools will be.

As per Carnival info ALL 'regular' pools on Lido deck 9 will be open - it is just the 'small' pool that was previously located at the end of the waterslide (deck 10) that is now closed .....

For an update: I called Carnival to check on if the passengers after dry dock will receive the same refund that the ones of the sailings before received, and they didn't really give me an answer. They kind of talking their way around saying that it would be the case, but wouldn't say it outright. But who knows with Carnival, half the stuff they say on the CS line is wrong anyway. I wouldn't be surprised either way

I can only say for "myself," I contacted my TA agent, and Carnival customer service as well. I have a feel the CS was not to tell me, but I had a lady that was so sweet, that she sent me the email that went out to "cover" ONLY as far as I know the 11th & 18th cruises on the Glory, as we are to be on the 18th. I have both CCL and my agents emails that I printed, and will be taking with me, to prove, if necessary, that our room as well as 3 other rooms are to have a $200 obc.