First time on Breakaway tips

sprigjoy

Do you have to book the clamshell for GSC in advance or can you show up on the beach that day to use one? Thanks!

i did it in advance and when i got there i was told there were only 2 left. now did that mean that those were spoken for or that those were available to the public? i have no clue. or was it that i was on the 'third beach' near the cabanas that there was just 2 left? unsure.

if you want one DEF book on board. if they cancel GSC you get money back. and get one with mesh so it breathes

Thank you for the tip!!

i did it in advance and when i got there i was told there were only 2 left. now did that mean that those were spoken for or that those were available to the public? i have no clue. or was it that i was on the 'third beach' near the cabanas that there was just 2 left? unsure.

if you want one DEF book on board. if they cancel GSC you get money back. and get one with mesh so it breathes

Is the noodle restaurant open for lunch on boarding day? Where do you find the Asian food that you mentioned in your post?

Do they also have frozen yogurt along with the free soft service ice? What about sugar free desserts at the buffet?

Thank

MARAPRINCE

Noodle bar is NOT open for lunch on boarding day. At least it wasn't when I was on the ship. As far as the as the Asian food I mentioned, I was referring to the main dining rooms. For desserts, there was a lot of sugar free desserts, but I don't recall seeing free frozen yogurt...that does not mean it doesn't exist, but I did not see it. Sorry I couldn't help more in this regard...

• 3 weeks later...

Rock of Ages might not be a great pick for their 13 year old...unless they've had "the talk" with him.

Definitely plan on going to the shows in the theater. They are all great. Make reservations for the ones you can. Maderno is great for breakfast and lunch. You can eat outside on the waterfront too.

Some food tips:

1) Lots of Asians on the ship, and NCL caters to them. Thus the asian was far superior to those on other lines. When it doubt, go for asian food.

2) The Tomahawk chop at Cagneys was one of the handful of best steaks I have ever had. And I have been to many of the best steakhouses.

3) The buffet food is not great. Stay away when you can.

4) There are 2 free ice cream machines that have soft serve. But you can also get free ice cream many time on the buffet dessert area that is much better--more flavors, and tastes better.

5) Margaritaville for breakfast is usually empty--while there are less choices, if you are a breakfast traditionalist, and hate crowds, this is the place to be.

Have fun!

No more Tomahawk steak at Cagney.

Rock of Ages might not be a great pick for their 13 year old...unless they've had "the talk" with him.

Yikes, can you tell me why? I see no mention of it not being family friendly. Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks for all the great tips! Life has been so crazy lately, I haven't done much planning in the past few weeks. We leave in 17 days!! I am composing a list of things to arrange as soon as I get on board, so I can relax after.

-Book tender for GSC

-Book clamshell for GSC

-Book comedy shows

Anything missing?

Yikes, can you tell me why? I see no mention of it not being family friendly. Thanks for the heads up!

rock of ages has swearing, has suggestive motions of body parts of males and more than one time. there are no less than 3 announcements before the show starts.

i dont know what NCL has on their official web page but it really should be marked as adult.

rock of ages has swearing, has suggestive motions of body parts of males and more than one time. there are no less than 3 announcements before the show starts.

i dont know what NCL has on their official web page but it really should be marked as adult.

Thanks so much! Looks like hubby and I will do this one alone.

Some food tips:

1) Lots of Asians on the ship, and NCL caters to them. Thus the asian was far superior to those on other lines. When it doubt, go for asian food.

2) The Tomahawk chop at Cagneys was one of the handful of best steaks I have ever had. And I have been to many of the best steakhouses.

3) The buffet food is not great. Stay away when you can.

4) There are 2 free ice cream machines that have soft serve. But you can also get free ice cream many time on the buffet dessert area that is much better--more flavors, and tastes better.

5) Margaritaville for breakfast is usually empty--while there are less choices, if you are a breakfast traditionalist, and hate crowds, this is the place to be.

Have fun!

Is Breakfast at Margaritaville complimentary?

Moderno for lunch. Look at the freestyle daily for the type of food that will be served that day. (i.e Indian, Mexican, German). Found the German food to be particularly good (and look for the carving station which is to the right when you enter the room.

Enjoy,

Is Moderno for lunch the same price as for dinner?

Usually they have a themed buffet for lunch on sea days (Mexican, German, etc), and it's complimentary. :)

edit - I jumped the gun and replied to your post before reading the previous one, sorry! The lunch at Moderno isn't the same style as the dinner - they just use the restaurant.

I don't know much about the show, but our daughter did say, it is not a good choice for the very old or the very young. I know we are sailing on the 2nd and have no intentions of seeing it. Our daughter and sil are sailing with us, they enjoyed it, but will not see it this time. I just hope they have 2nd city, love it!!!!;p

We have been on the Breakaway 3 times. While I'm sick of seeing Rock of Ages already, (and saw it once on Broadway), it is hilarious to watch the elderly people get up and walk out during the show. Why they would even be interested in a drama with 80's hair band music, homosexuality and what not is beyond me, but it happens every time, and it's really funny to watch.

Tip: If you are planning on attending anything that is going on in the Atrium, including game shows, musical performances or lectures... Get there at least 20 minutes early if you want to find a seat. The seating is extremely limited. There are also places to sit on the deck above the Atrium, near OSheehans that look down at the stage. They are also hard to come by though.

When you get to Port Canavaral, NCL offers a transfer to Cocoa Beach and it's only around $11 or slightly higher. It's a very short ride to the beautiful and large beach (minutes). There are stores where they drop you off including surf shops, gift shops, restsurants, a well known pharmacy etc. For that minimal amount of money, we thought it was well worth it, got us off the ship, and we were on the beach and in the ocean in no time at all. The beach was free, and had lifeguards.

Enjoy and have a wonderful time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums