First time on Breakaway tips

sprigjoy

We will also be on the Breakaway on the same sailing. Some of these tips I didn't know about either. We will be sailing with out 17 year old son. Hope he makes a friend or 2 also.

As was mentioned avoid the buffet, but especially on embarkation. Try either Taste or Savor.

Avoid the forward elevator area after a show lets out and all elevators after muster drill. Those were the only times the ship felt crowded to me.

At breakfast the buffet in Mederno a lot of people don't notice the omelet station on the Cagney's side. At least not in the beginning of the cruise. Also at the lunch buffet remember to check out that side.

so glad to learn of the breakfast and lunch choices. We seem to always get stuck at the buffet or hubby drags me to the MDR which isn't my favorite place from breakfast. :cool:

The music of the show is great, lots of 80's stuff that brought me back, but the show is raunchy and highly suggestive. I'm not easily offended but the raunchiness of the show and the highly suggestive aspects were misplaced and didn't really fit in to the particular scene in most instances. It was like they were being filthy just because they could be filthy. We're sailing again soon and we won't bother with this show...plenty of other stuff to do on board.

Yikes, can you tell me why? I see no mention of it not being family friendly. Thanks for the heads up!

On a different topic, can you get powdered cinnamin in the buffet for breakfast or any of the other venues? Like to add it to my oatmeal.

Thanks.

MARAPRINCE

On the buffet they have a Shaker with cinnamon along with a bowl (I think) of brown sugar. I didn't go to the dining room for breakfast, but I would think they would be able to sprinkle some on top.

We have been on the Breakaway 3 times. While I'm sick of seeing Rock of Ages already, (and saw it once on Broadway), it is hilarious to watch the elderly people get up and walk out during the show. Why they would even be interested in a drama with 80's hair band music, homosexuality and what not is beyond me, but it happens every time, and it's really funny to watch.

Tip: If you are planning on attending anything that is going on in the Atrium, including game shows, musical performances or lectures... Get there at least 20 minutes early if you want to find a seat. The seating is extremely limited. There are also places to sit on the deck above the Atrium, near OSheehans that look down at the stage. They are also hard to come by though.

When you get to Port Canavaral, NCL offers a transfer to Cocoa Beach and it's only around $11 or slightly higher. It's a very short ride to the beautiful and large beach (minutes). There are stores where they drop you off including surf shops, gift shops, restsurants, a well known pharmacy etc. For that minimal amount of money, we thought it was well worth it, got us off the ship, and we were on the beach and in the ocean in no time at all. The beach was free, and had lifeguards.

Enjoy and have a wonderful time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Elderly people:

August 2019 will be the 50th.anniversary of Woodstock .Many of the people who were at the festival are now close to 80 .

I am no youngster and I loved Rock Of Ages ,I saw it 2 times on my recent Breakaway cruise .I saw a lot of people in their 30's leave and very few elderly.

One thing about the seats in the theater....I hated them. There is a bar across the bottom that makes them very uncomfortable. We've been on the Breakaway several times and the last time, we sat all the way in the back on stools which I felt were more comfortable. Other than that, the ship is great and you'll have a blast. We also enjoyed the dueling pianos at Howl at the Moon....lots of fun.Have a great time!

I've read the comments about the seats in numerous posts; but have sailed Breakaway three times and never found any issues. My view just go & enjoy the show. Book ahead, go early, get a good seat mid theater, and if you're one of the folks that finds the seat less comfortable let it go & just enjoy the entertainment. Never let trivial items distract you from enjoying your cruise.

I've read the comments about the seats in numerous posts; but have sailed Breakaway three times and never found any issues. My view just go & enjoy the show. Book ahead, go early, get a good seat mid theater, and if you're one of the folks that finds the seat less comfortable let it go & just enjoy the entertainment. Never let trivial items distract you from enjoying your cruise.

I was in the theater several times. I have recurring back issues that if instigated, will barely allow me to get out of bed. I found once that the seat had this; other times were fine. But your advice to "let it go" isn't helpful if I'm on a trip and can't get out of bed! Not being able to move isn't exactly "trivial".

As I read correct

Breakfast at Margrittaville and Moderno is free???

And Lunch at Moderno is also free?

And what is the name of the water near the running track?

They are free, but other than the themed moderno buffet, it's just a regular buffet. It IS less crowded, which is nice. I found the service to be lacking at this time (they WILL NOT provide drink service. You have to get up and get it yourself)

Elderly people:

August 2019 will be the 50th.anniversary of Woodstock .Many of the people who were at the festival are now close to 80 .

I am no youngster and I loved Rock Of Ages ,I saw it 2 times on my recent Breakaway cruise .I saw a lot of people in their 30's leave and very few elderly.

Cool. I guess it all depends on ones' experience [emoji3]

One thing about the seats in the theater....I hated them. There is a bar across the bottom that makes them very uncomfortable.

So true. The theater seats are horrible. Any attempt at sitting up tall and straight quickly begins to bring on pain.

They are free, but other than the themed moderno buffet, it's just a regular buffet. It IS less crowded, which is nice. I found the service to be lacking at this time (they WILL NOT provide drink service. You have to get up and get it yourself)

So is the food offered the same as in the regular buffet or different? Trying to determine if it is worth going.

Thanks.

MARAPRINCE

Everyone has different standards for their kids, but the show Rock of Ages has adult themes. I think 13 is fine but you may not. We are not into production shows but we loved 2nd City and went twice. There is also a singer the last night of the cruise. Excellent rendition of Broadway classics.

Does the BA. have a pasta station in the buffet? Like the gem

i never was on gem but 1 or 2 nites in the BA buffet there were 3 or 5 types of pasta they made in front of your eyes. so took about 2 or 3 minutes each.and you could tell them what stuff you wanted in it

one time he said i got the last portion of one of them. kinda hard to believe but hope the person behind me didnt want that kind

i never was on gem but 1 or 2 nites in the BA buffet there were 3 or 5 types of pasta they made in front of your eyes. so took about 2 or 3 minutes each.and you could tell them what stuff you wanted in it

one time he said i got the last portion of one of them. kinda hard to believe but hope the person behind me didnt want that kind

We were on the Gem last May and there was a pasta station at lunch where they would make it how you wanted. Did not go to the buffet at night so not sure if they had it as well.

MARAPRINCE

• 1 month later...

For those who mentioned the "freestyle sundeck" (Deck 18) as a good place for viewing sailaway: are the walls railing height, or does it have a high glass wall like deck 17, Vibe, and the Haven sundeck? From the Haven sundeck (that is starboard side, correct) is there an easy way to get up to 18?

For those who mentioned the "freestyle sundeck" (Deck 18) as a good place for viewing sailaway: are the walls railing height, or does it have a high glass wall like deck 17, Vibe, and the Haven sundeck? From the Haven sundeck (that is starboard side, correct) is there an easy way to get up to 18?

It has a "normal" height rail. If you go to the bar that's right outside Vibe, on port side. There are stairs just aft of the bar.

LInda

Was on the breakaway about a month ago

1. Buffet is great, it's busy but it's great. Always a good option if you don't want to sit down and wait for food, also can grab some food and go sit elsewhere to eat

And late night cookies can be taken back to room

2. On the first day book for tender if there is going to be one for an island, fills up fast. And while your doing that reserve seats for a few shows

3.Rock of ages is amazing and

loved by my 9 year old son. They see way worse on the Simpsons .

4. If going to the atrium for a show , be there very early ,30 minutes plus for a seat, otherwise look above at O'Sheeans for a chair

Was on the breakaway about a month ago

1. Buffet is great, it's busy but it's great. Always a good option if you don't want to sit down and wait for food, also can grab some food and go sit elsewhere to eat

And late night cookies can be taken back to room

2. On the first day book for tender if there is going to be one for an island, fills up fast. And while your doing that reserve seats for a few shows

3.Rock of ages is amazing and

loved by my 9 year old son. They see way worse on the Simpsons .

4. If going to the atrium for a show , be there very early ,30 minutes plus for a seat, otherwise look above at O'Sheeans for a chair

Don't wait for shows until you're onboard. Many are full.

I disagree with the buffet-- I thought it was much better two years ago. I enjoyed osheehans much more and it was still quick.

regarding the simpsons comment above. there's no F and S etc words on simpsons so i would not call that a fair comparison.

also unless its changed since december. tickets for tender times are meaningless. they just tell you back of the line when you get to the theater. it doesnt matter if you have now. 1 hour ago or 1 hour into the future. zero organization. was horrible wait over 1 hour to get on