B2b

Canadianhey!

I booked at b2b and do not have to change rooms, so my question is do I have to go and get a new room card for the second cruise or will I still be able to use the same one.? Do I still have to go and do all the paperwork again, or do I just get to stay on the ship and do nothing?

Can someone tell me all steps to a b2b.

thanks

I booked at b2b and do not have to change rooms, so my question is do I have to go and get a new room card for the second cruise or will I still be able to use the same one.? Do I still have to go and do all the paperwork again, or do I just get to stay on the ship and do nothing?

thanks

You will receive detailed instructions within a day or two before the end of your first leg of your B2B cruise on where and when to meet and what to bring on your turn around day. It's a very easy and painless process. You will be issued a new room key. No additional paper work will need to be filled out. Your onboard account will also be closed at the end of the first leg of your B2B cruise. If you have any nonrefundable OBC for the first leg spend it on the first leg as it will not carry over to the second leg.

Depending on where your cruise ends / begins, you may have to vacate the ship. We did a b2b with Rome as the turnaround port and did not have to exit the ship. Just went to Sky Lounge and turned in the old seapass card and picked up new one.

In any event, you will have to get a new seapass card, and all remaining credits / internet minutes/ perks from the first cruise will expire. They "close the books" on the first cruise and start anew on the second one. So you do get a new set of perks on the second cruise.

Did TA and Med back to back on RC Navigator in 2012. We were in a suite. The attendant or concierge brought new room cards to us. We went in to Rome for the day so we just came back to our room like any other port day. It was awesome being able to stay in the same room for three weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As others say, you will be given detailed instructions a day or two before the end of the first leg. You do not have to complete any additional paperwork but from memory everyone has to be checked out i.e. present the old sea pass before getting the new sea pass.

You may also be offered a comped meal and/or purchase a special shore excursion for B2B passengers.

You will need to get a new seapass but the paperwork is done when you first check in. Usually a very easy process.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes it is very easy. You just have to present your express checkin form for both legs when you embark on the first leg. And then swap your old seapass for a new one during the turnaround day.

They clear the ship,and They give you the place to meet. We met in ensemble. They walk you off as a group to immigration, take your passport with you. Once cleared they turn you back round, give you your new key card and walk you back on. They then let the new guests on. They give you a voucher for an embarkation day lunch in the mdr. They close down your account and start again X use up any obc in first cruise as its not carried forward

We have a B2B booked next year Vancouver to Fort Lauderdale and we will become elite on the second sailing [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322]

It takes a while to process. If you became elite from the first cruise, speak to the captains club hostess on the first cruise and she has a new card ready for,you for the 2nd one with your new status

They clear the ship,and They give you the place to meet. We met in ensemble. They walk you off as a group to immigration, take your passport with you. Once cleared they turn you back round, give you your new key card and walk you back on. They then let the new guests on. They give you a voucher for an embarkation day lunch in the mdr. They close down your account and start again X use up any obc in first cruise as its not carried forward

Also, if your turnaround port is one that you wish to tour for several hours, they will give you a special pass that allows you to bypass the embarkation lines when you return. Thus you can turn in your old seapass when you get off the ship early in the morning, do some touring and come back later in the afternoon, bypass the lines and pick up your new seapass as you board the ship.

Sorry, but realistically nobody here can know what all the steps to your b2b will be.

There are just too many variables involved.

The people posting here have been describing their own b2b experiences, which may be quite different from yours,

The turnaround day procedures can vary not only from ship to ship and port to port, but even from one time to the next for the same ship at the same port.

We have experienced b2bs (same ship, same turnaround port) where one time we would not need to get off the ship at all, and the next time we were required to get off for several hours.

But there are some things that appear to be consistent for b2b cruises:

- Early in the cruise, all passengers receive a disembarkation form to fill out and return.

There is a place where you indicate that you are staying on for the next cruise.

(That is really about the only "paperwork" I recall.)

- Then later in the cruise you receive a packet of printed instructions for your turnaround day, describing what options you have for that day.

It usually includes a transit pass for each continuing passenger, and also invites you to attend a meeting of b2b passengers, where a staff member will go over the instructions and answer any questions.

- As explained, you will be issued a new seapass card for the next cruise and have your picture taken again for it.

But when and where you receive your new seapass card can vary.

- You can keep your old seapass card, but when, where and how you get your old card back may also vary greatly from one cruise to another.

- As previously noted, nothing in your shipboard account carries over to the next cruise.

They close out your old account and start a new one for you.

If you used a credit card account for the previous cruise and want to use the same card for the new account, you don't need to do anything.

We do a lot of b2b cruises and only print the xpress pass for the first cruise.

There is no need to print out xpress passes for the following cruise/s.

We do save them online, just in case, but have never needed to print or show one yet.

(For that matter, it is not really necessary to print the first one either, but having it helps to expedite the check-in process. No need to check-in for the following cruises as they already have us checked in for them.)

Edited by varoo

We have also been allowed access to our cabins as soon as they were ready, after punching back in with our new cards.

One more thing that I don't think has yet been mentioned is that b2b passengers are welcome to have lunch in the main dining room on the turnaround day.

Usually the people at the door to the dining room recognize and welcome us back (as they had been seeing us on the ship for the entire previous cruise).

The dining room lunch menu that day is very limited, so don't be disappointed.

But if you see anything on it that you like, you can just order the items you want and then head up to the buffet or the grill or the spa cafe for the rest of your lunch.

It just gives you a nice additional lunch option.

Question: My husband and I are doing a TA from Miami to Southampton next April, but instead of a 15 day crossing it's only 13 days. The ship stays in port for 2 days and then we re board again for a 7 day Norwegian cruise. Do you think they will let us stay onboard? We have the same cabin!

Question: My husband and I are doing a TA from Miami to Southampton next April, but instead of a 15 day crossing it's only 13 days. The ship stays in port for 2 days and then we re board again for a 7 day Norwegian cruise. Do you think they will let us stay onboard? We have the same cabin!

Are you booked, 1st leg, for a 15 night voyage? If, so, no reason they should make you disembark. But it seems like a good opportunity to grab a few things and go into London for a couple of days. Or out to Lands End. Or Bath. Or Salisbury. ...

I cannot figure out which of the following is what you have.

o You bought a 15 day cruise that includes the last two days at the destination port. If this is the case, those two days are a part of your cruise and you will not be leaving the ship except for any excursions or exploring you do.

o You bought a 13 day cruise and then the ship stays in the destination port with no passengers expected for two days. If that is the case, you would need to disembark until it is time for your next segment as whatever the ship is having done those two days is not intended for passengers.

I think only the cruise line will be able to answer that one.