Park Place Roast Beef Sandwiches

CurlyQ132

Ha, same thing here! When we first did Oasis that's all people were raving about on CC so we tried them.

I still don't get it. I wouldn't even call them tasty.

To each their own!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I've tried them on several different ships and still feel the same - nothing to write home about. I expected to really be wowed and I wasn't at all. Good for those who were though! :D

I had these twice on Allure in January. When the au jus was added to the sandwich, it was really messy. I liked the roll as I was afraid it would be a regular kimmelweck roll which is just loaded with salt on the top. These weren't and that was a plus for me. I did wish the meat were a little less cooked as it was medium well at best.

The Park Cafe also had some other things that looked really good. Many cruisers had salads, paninis and soups. I'm looking forward to get these again when I sail on Allure this summer.

There's no salad on it right? (Tomato allergy). The bread looks like it is white bread with some seeds on top, but not in the dough?

I'm majorly excited to eat one of these. Or ten.

These sammies are the pride of Buffalo NY but not as famous as their wings. Roast beef, horseradish, au jus. The roll (weck) is topped with kosher salt and caraway seeds. Beef should be thin sliced rare. The US rolls are indeed softer than those in Germany. Think Kaiser rolls in style.

These sammies are the pride of Buffalo NY but not as famous as their wings. Roast beef, horseradish, au jus. The roll (weck) is topped with kosher salt and caraway seeds. Beef should be thin sliced rare. The US rolls are indeed softer than those in Germany. Think Kaiser rolls in style.

2nd this.

Go to Buffalo to have a real beef on weck

We sailed on Oasis last October and had these wonderful roast beef sandwiches in Park Place Cafe. We will now be sailing on the Allure in May and are wondering if they have the same sandwiches?

In case you need evidence.

1stroastbeef.jpg

I checked and couldn't find the answer to this question. Are these Roast Beef sandwiches available on the Explorer and Freedom as well? If they are, where would you go to get them?

TIA

Things may have changed since then, but when we cruise Freedom last spring these sandwiches were offered in front of the bar in the Windjammer for a couple of hours during lunch. They were amazing. Definitely check with someone onboard to find out if they are being served at all on your voyage so that you don't accidentally miss out.

Ha, same thing here! When we first did Oasis that's all people were raving about on CC so we tried them.

I still don't get it. I wouldn't even call them tasty.

To each their own!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

That is how I use to feel about that "Honey Stung Chicken" back when they use to serve it in the Windjammer on embarkation day for lunch! People use to swear by it and thought it was the tastiest chicken ever. I tried it once and thought............... NOT!

That is how I use to feel about that "Honey Stung Chicken" back when they use to serve it in the Windjammer on embarkation day for lunch! People use to swear by it and thought it was the tastiest chicken ever. I tried it once and thought............... NOT!

Maybe that was your problem, you only tried it once. With the chicken I use to always take 2 pieces in case one wasn't up to par. I'd get a couple of not so great pieces in 2 or 3 tries.

We like them but we've seen inconsistency from ship to ship. The worst is gravy instead of au jus.

The port loin and ham substitutes I'm starting to see more often are also disappointing.

The authentic what to enjoy a beef on weck is with fresh prepared horseradish and nothing else. I had one today at one of the best places in Buffalo.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beef_on_weck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can you tell us where that is? We'll be in Buffalo in August and want to try a couple but we see a couple different places, and want the best ones. Also is the Anchor Bar the original Buffalo wing establishment?

Thanks