NCL Quietly Changes Latitudes Level Qualifications

bhorv67

I don't look at these things as a gift. I look at them very much as an earned benefit of a typical loyalty program. Because that's the way NCL has set it up. So I think everyone has the right to gripe when a benefit is reduced. Heck...it's almost an obligation on the part of any consumer!

To me a "gift" would be more like if they tossed you something unexpected with no quid pro quo attached.

However in this particular case, it's pretty much a push and the difference in benefit "value" is negligible, IMHO.

Edited to add: Swedish, it looks like we were both writing some of the same at the same time.

Edited by TexasCigarGuy

"Enticement"?? "Interesting" . I book based on itinerary and price, so you're saying, you'd get influenced by what you get for free, and stack that up into your decision???

Yes!! It was an enticement, and the rates were acceptable to me!!

Now, the takeaways and increasing prices have made other lines more attractive.

BTW I just got a brochure that shows Princess cruises and contrary to previews posts, they offer FREE specialty dining!!!! No 20% service charges either.

My be this will serve to correct some misconceptions about the other cruise lines.

In addition, Princess gives me a free bar set up that also doesn't have 20% fees added .

Tell me again how much better NCL is than the other cruise lines.

Edited by swedish weave

Yes!! It was an enticement, and the rates were acceptable to me!!

Now, the takeaways and increasing prices have made other lines more attractive.

BTW I just got a brochure that shows Princess cruises and contrary to previews posts, they offer FREE specialty dining!!!! No 20% service charges either.

My be this will serve to correct some misconceptions about the other cruise lines.

In addition, Princess gives me a free bar set up that also doesn't have 20% fees added .

Tell me again how much better NCL is than the other cruise lines.

I'm very happy you've found another cruise line you feel is more acceptable to you. Enjoy your cruises,

We are done with NCL. We earned top level perks and we found out the changes once we were onboard. We are also to level with Princess. They haven’t taken away any perks. NCL wouldn’t bend or give us what we earned!! Perks seem to be per cabin, so, hubby and I lose perks since they are one per cabin.

Yup. With 3 Princess cruises under your belt, I am sure that you get all of their perks.

I enjoy all my cruises, but on some of them I feel I get treated like a valued guest instead of an intruder.

I wish you well. Being open to any cruise line can have a lot of advantages. Not sure how often or how many cruises you have been on- , but someone who finds the "perks" important are better to stay with one choice.

I wish you well. Being open to any cruise line can have a lot of advantages. Not sure how often or how many cruises you have been on- , but someone who finds the "perks" important are better to stay with one choice.

Not.true when one cruise line takes perks away and others add or leave them in place. Each line decides who they want to attract with their programs.

loyalty perks were the subject.

So, I had the correct information about no dinners with the princess elite perks.

On Princess the specialty meals are free and unrestricted. Call them what you choose.

My last cruise on Princess, we were given a dinner in specialty restaurant.

I didn't ask why.

Some giveth and some taketh away!!!!

Hi Folks,

Where did you find that NCL is changing some of the Latitude Reward perks on Feb 01? I agree that perks are great but I too don't cruise for them. It's just fun to have them.

Thanks, happytotravel

Hi, here's the link to NCL Latitudes changes... Feb. 2017 :D

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/latitudes-rewards-program#

Enjoy

Thanks, but Feb 2017 is a year ago already. Why is there such a fuss about it now? I thought folks were talking about a change on Feb. 2018.

Take care, happytotravel

You might not have noticed but this thread was started back in February 2017. It just got bumped up the other day.

That said some folks don't follow Cruise Critic religiously and might only be noticing the changes now, as they book new cruises and revisit Latitudes benefits.

You might not have noticed but this thread was started back in February 2017. It just got bumped up the other day.

That said some folks don't follow Cruise Critic religiously and might only be noticing the changes now, as they book new cruises and revisit Latitudes benefits.

Original post #1 started 2/28/2017

went dormant at post #20 3/6/2017

resurrected post #21 1/11/2018

and voila here we are at this post - - - still kicking the can down the alley (ah er pier) !

No horses to flog her maybe a dead fish (herring) or two !

Carry on with the new interpretations of old ancient mariner stuff.