NCL Quietly Changes Latitudes Level Qualifications

bhorv67

Just as an aside, I think that you are misremembering the previous situation.

Yes, they did allow you to split the coupons under the old rules, to give two meals for one per voucher. However, as you were solo you only got one voucher, so in total you just had the two meals.

Under the new rules you get the two meals without having to do anything. If you do find another platinum to share with then you wil double the number of meals you get compared to the old rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Come to think about it, you are correct...when I remembered getting two coupons for two....I wasn't cruising solo....forgot about that....I don't think we each got two coupons for two meals for two....now I'm really confused....oh well...

:confused:

But the question is....would that matter...if the coupon says "Dinner for Two" on it? I have never seen one that says "Dinner for One".....

:confused:

Being that with the new numbers I will not reach Platinum for another 7 days so after January 19th but on last January's cruise I went as 2 people's plus one so yes you can take a guest

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My wife and I, both plat plus, will be sailing with two first time cruisers. In order to get more perks we are booking in separate cabins, each of us with a first timer in our cabin. So we get 4 dinners for two and 4 bottles of wine. It is how NCL is asking us to play the game for max results.

It is NOT 4 bottles of wine it is 2.

I sail with a group that does this all the time. We book single cabins and double up the perks. :) Have done this multiple times this year. (6)

FACT and frankly commonly done- SOLO cruisers DO get the cabin perk of 2 dinner coupons. Correct you can no longer split them- but, it's of significant advantage to find a "Platinum Buddy", and you each take each other as the other's guest. You then get 4 dinners per cruise. SIMPLE process. I have done this multiple times in the past year. But, also 4 times since the new program, I simply enjoyed my single meal, just fine- with the pleasant solitude. You can perhaps hook up with a like passenger at the solo M&G, which is posted in the flyer.

And- it's a GIFT, I see, it "interesting", the comments, and threats of not sailing with NCL. Kind of like shooting yourself in the foot. The perk is what it is, and frankly- decent. Is anyone upper levels with anywhere else??? Well I am, Carnival, RCI, Princess, Celebrity. Each is different- and I certainly don't cruise for any perks. I'm grateful and make no complaints about any of them., repeat- gift :) :) I'd actually be just fine with no perks, and lower prices. Ideal would be a small discount/obc for levels.

Just as an aside, I think that you are misremembering the previous situation.

Yes, they did allow you to split the coupons under the old rules, to give two meals for one per voucher. However, as you were solo you only got one voucher, so in total you just had the two meals.

Under the new rules you get the two meals without having to do anything. If you do find another platinum to share with then you wil double the number of meals you get compared to the old rules.

You make all the sense. :) Some- error recalls, perhaps are involved.

We did not use one of our Plat dinner vouchers on our last cruise. Wondering if we can use it on our cruise next month? Also, have extra laundry voucher, which would be really useful on next cruise.

It is an extended cruise. 2 of 3 legs for 29 days. More than one laundry voucher would be great. Received mixed information on Plat perks on this type of cruise. We had to have NCL combine both legs in order for us to keep the same cabin. Some have suggested we go to the Cruise Next desk after the first leg and ask for another Plat perk package. Hope this works.

Any other cruisers experience with this would be appreciated.

We did not use one of our Plat dinner vouchers on our last cruise. Wondering if we can use it on our cruise next month? Also, have extra laundry voucher, which would be really useful on next cruise.

It is an extended cruise. 2 of 3 legs for 29 days. More than one laundry voucher would be great. Received mixed information on Plat perks on this type of cruise. We had to have NCL combine both legs in order for us to keep the same cabin. Some have suggested we go to the Cruise Next desk after the first leg and ask for another Plat perk package. Hope this works.

Any other cruisers experience with this would be appreciated.

No you can't used old coupons. Your account will be set up with the standard limits.

Do you have ONE booking number for 2 cruises? Then you will only get one set of redemption's. It never matters to me, what cabin I'm in, so I always have separate booking numbers for every cruise. I would NOT expect any "exceptions" to the policy benefits.

And- it's a GIFT, I see, it "interesting", the comments, and threats of not sailing with NCL. Kind of like shooting yourself in the foot. The perk is what it is, and frankly- decent. Is anyone upper levels with anywhere else??? Well I am, Carnival, RCI, Princess, Celebrity. Each is different- and I certainly don't cruise for any perks. I'm grateful and make no complaints about any of them., repeat- gift :) :) I'd actually be just fine with no perks, and lower prices. Ideal would be a small discount/obc for levels.

I'm also a Celebrity cruiser and get their perks as well. But like you, I don't cruise or not cruise based on the loyalty perks, but am very appreciative when I get them and would never complain. With the amount of food on the ships, I'm always surprised when someone has issues on why they can't have 2 of this or 3 of that on the Platinum dinners. My guess is that NCL put restrictions on the dinners, because of the amount some people order; I have seen folks order massive amounts of food back before they put the restrictions on.

I'm also a Celebrity cruiser and get their perks as well. But like you, I don't cruise or not cruise based on the loyalty perks, but am very appreciative when I get them and would never complain. With the amount of food on the ships, I'm always surprised when someone has issues on why they can't have 2 of this or 3 of that on the Platinum dinners. My guess is that NCL put restrictions on the dinners, because of the amount some people order; I have seen folks order massive amounts of food back before they put the restrictions on.

Yes, I don't get it. But, I'm jaded, I'm told, because traveling is a frequent, standard part, of my life. For some people, it's infrequent and at a "cost", so expectations are like some are on a private yacht. :) I never get the claims of "loyalty", which I don't even consider myself, (15 cruises in 2017)- with the thousands of cruise ships available per year available. My sailings are insignificantly worthless to the overall picture. Cruises are an excellent value, enjoyed by many in the growing industry.

Thinking, "boycotting" is going to matter- it won't and my point is the "shooting yourself in the foot". :)

I really don't mind the way that they changed it in general because we usually stay in a suite and have plenty of free bottles of wine anyway, but one issue that will arise on a future cruise for us is that I travel with my mom and husband and all three of us will be platinum. Last month I was the only one that was Platinum so it was very straightforward that my husband and myself were free and we paid for my mom's dinner. But the next time the three of us cruise together, all three of us will be platinum and since we always stay in the same room it seems like we should be able to all three of us go out to dinner under the Platinum rewards. So in essence one of us doesn't get the benefit at all.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I really don't mind the way that they changed it in general because we usually stay in a suite and have plenty of free bottles of wine anyway, but one issue that will arise on a future cruise for us is that I travel with my mom and husband and all three of us will be platinum. Last month I was the only one that was Platinum so it was very straightforward that my husband and myself were free and we paid for my mom's dinner. But the next time the three of us cruise together, all three of us will be platinum and since we always stay in the same room it seems like we should be able to all three of us go out to dinner under the Platinum rewards. So in essence one of us doesn't get the benefit at all.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

From NCL website:

If there are 2 Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador members in one stateroom, only one Welcome Back Card will be delivered. This gives the correct number of Dinner for Two vouchers the guests are entitled to.

For 3rd and 4th Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador members in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered.

If there is only a 3rd Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador member in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered but this guest will be treated as a solo traveler who get one dinner only. The benefit is only if there are 2 guests dining on the same visit.

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program/faq

If I understand you correctly, you are saying that as there are three of you in the room, but the meals are given per meal, you will only get two meals for two, and the third platinum will miss out.

If so, I have good news for you.

That was the situation when the new rules were announced, but subsequently, the FAQ's have been changed. This is what they now say:

I am travelling with other Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador guests in the same stateroom? Do we each get a voucher?

No. If there are 2 Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador members in one stateroom, only one Welcome Back Card will be delivered. This gives the correct number of Dinner for Two vouchers the guests are entitled to.

For 3rd and 4th Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador members in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered.

If there is only a 3rd Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador member in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered but this guest will be treated as a solo traveller who get one dinner only. The benefit is only if there are 2 guests dining on the same visit.

This is really really crappy. You now need 30 days to get to silver, or 5, 7 day cruises.

I was going to be silver after I complete a cruise coming up at the end of March. Now not so much.

Don't think I'll be cruising NCL anymore.

We are done with NCL. We earned top level perks and we found out the changes once we were onboard. We are also to level with Princess. They haven’t taken away any perks. NCL wouldn’t bend or give us what we earned!! Perks seem to be per cabin, so, hubby and I lose perks since they are one per cabin.

We are done with NCL. We earned top level perks and we found out the changes once we were onboard. We are also to level with Princess. They haven’t taken away any perks. NCL wouldn’t bend or give us what we earned!! Perks seem to be per cabin, so, hubby and I lose perks since they are one per cabin.

What did you lose? You still get 2 dinners; granted you lose 1 bottle of cheap wine, but one of those dinners can now be at Cagney's (before the changes, you each got a dinner at either LeBistro or LaCucina), you still get 2 bags of laundry. Edited by NLH Arizona

What did you lose? You still get 2 dinners; granted you lose 1 bottle of cheap wine, but one of those dinners can now be at Cagney's (before the changes, you each got a dinner at either LeBistro or LaCucina), you still get 2 bags of laundry.

I agree. Hubby and I still get a total of two dinners, one per cabin at choice and one per cabin at choice. I agree that being able to use Cagneys as one of the meals is an improvement.

Good grief, ok, then enjoy Princess, where you'll get no perk specialty restaurant dinners. :)

Good grief, ok, then enjoy Princess, where you'll get no perk specialty restaurant dinners. :)

That’s ok. NCL changed those perks, too! ONE APPETIZER

ONE MEAL

ONE DESSERT. salad and soup are extra if you want both.

er how much can you eat?

we are usually stuffed after app and entrée very rarely have room for dessert

I have had no trouble eating soup, escargot, entree, and dessert.

However, I was given the meals as a perk for cruising NCL, and they have cheapened the meal by taking the wine and one of my favorite items away.

NCL saves a dollar or more, and I have saved much more than that by booking on other cruise lines.

When I do cruise on NCL, I curtail my spending more than the amount they have taken away

Well, I love my Platinum perks... it always amazes me that some will kick a gift horse in the mouth no matter what is being given as a gift. :confused:
Yep. The way I look at it, if they didn't give it to me for free, I'd have to pay for it and am grateful for everything.

Well, I love my Platinum perks... it always amazes me that some will kick a gift horse in the mouth no matter what is being given as a gift. :confused:

I didn't consider it a gift. It was an enticement to get me to,continue sailing with NCL, and I don't like them to take it away.

The silliness of their actions is that I can get as many items as I want at the buffet or MDR.