Early Saver Cancellation - Help please!

BonusMom

I'm looking to book on the Reduced Deposit sale going on right now that ends today. I would be booking Early Saver with the $50 per person deposit. Can anyone confirm - if I cancel the cruise prior to the final payment date, I will lose my $50 per person deposit and if I make any more payments prior to canceling, those will become credit for Carnival and not refunded...correct??

Sounds right. If you think you stand a good chance of having to cancel why book ES?

The difference in price is a big enough difference to justify IF I have to cancel. I'm looking at booking a cruise for April 2019. I have no clue what might happen between now and then. With the reduced deposits and the lower price, I think Early Saver is the way to go. I would rather wait to book until a little closer, but I'm worried I will not be able to get a good cabin, or the reduced deposits.

The difference in price is a big enough difference to justify IF I have to cancel. I'm looking at booking a cruise for April 2019. I have no clue what might happen between now and then. With the reduced deposits and the lower price, I think Early Saver is the way to go. I would rather wait to book until a little closer, but I'm worried I will not be able to get a good cabin, or the reduced deposits.

sounds reasonable

It has been my experience the difference in price is about $20 per person compared with a fully refundable fare. That said, there will be a difference in the amount of deposit, but you still have to pay the same amount, regardless of the required deposit.

When you get to the screen for price, click "other options" to see the exact difference between all fare options for that cruise (see attachment below). There are usually 3 or more choices.

a.jpg.c2ed793f1d42ff08d0bc188f7c1113fa.jpg

Edited by lizardhowson

I'm looking to book on the Reduced Deposit sale going on right now that ends today. I would be booking Early Saver with the $50 per person deposit. Can anyone confirm - if I cancel the cruise prior to the final payment date, I will lose my $50 per person deposit and if I make any more payments prior to canceling, those will become credit for Carnival and not refunded...correct??

I dont see how this can possibly be correct unless Im misunderstanding you?

I booked my upcoming cruise while on Magic last year under ES rate and reduced deposit of 49.50 per person. My cruise is also already paid IN FULL. If I cancel now and up until late July, all I lose is 99.00. This is the way it was explained to me on the ship, by Carnival on the phone AND on their website.

Carnival%202_1.jpg

Carnival_3.jpg

Now had you paid the FULL deposit under Early Saver and you cancel, Carnival charges you 50.00 per person and then holds the rest of the balance as a cruise credit that has to be used within 24 months.

I thought that only the remaining deposit after the $50 per person fee would be held for a future cruise. In your case there would be no remaining deposit so I would expect them to refund any other payments made. I do not understand what all the other people are talking about that all other payments made before final payment are held for a future cruise. I can't find that in the terms and conditions. If that is the case nobody booking Early Saver should ever pay more than the deposit before final payment.

Correct. I have a family and friends cruise going out in August, and have several people that have cancelled in the past month. Most paid the $50.00 deposit during a promotion, and only lost that amount. Others made the initial $50.00 deposit, along with a few payments, so they lost the $50.00 deposit, and the balance is being held for a future cruise on Carnival.

The last part of this is NOT correct. Your deposit would be $100. That's the only part that would be nonrefundable before final payment date. If you make additional payments towards the cruise, but then cancel before final payment, all you will lose is the $100. The rest will be refunded to you, via the original form of payment (i.e. refunded to your credit card).

The only way you could end up having a future cruise credit is if at some point you match to a rate that has a higher deposit amount. Then you would lose $100, have the rest of the deposit available as a future cruise credit, and anything remaining would be refunded to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app