Flying Delta? Check your flights

Mr and Mrs CIQ

We checked our flights today and found they have loaded flights changes and some as simple as flight number changes. If you have picked your seats they will need to be redone.

This happens often (regardless of carrier) and why it's always a good idea to keep checking your reservations....and always opt to give the carrier your contact info for any and all changes that may affect your booking.

Also know what your flight change options are including seat selection before you call...makes it easier.

The most changes we've had to date was 6 with our AA flight from LAX-SJU :eek:

Nothing new. Delta certainly isn't the only one. All the airlines do this. Reading this forum regularly you will be cautioned to check your flights frequently. This is especially true if flights are booked many months in advance. Not unusual to see more than one change in time, equipment or even discontinued flights. Those of us who fly frequently take it all in stride.

Most airlines make changes in their schedules quarterly. Sometimes a few minutes, sometimes a few hours, sometimes they change equipment, sometimes they just cancel the route.... I always make it a point to check all of my reservations regularly, at least once a month to make sure things are right. It is up to us as consumers to be pro-active and watch these things.

Delta reloads their schedules each weekend, usually after midnight Friday through Sunday but it may take additional hours to fix any glitches.

We have found that your flight times stabilize about 6 weeks or so before the flights but equipment swaps can occur at any time before push back!!!!!

We checked our flights today and found they have loaded flights changes and some as simple as flight number changes. If you have picked your seats they will need to be redone.
Not necessarily.

Most of the time when there are seat changes, it is due to an equipment swap. This can be a bit confusing - say you are on a 757 and it still says 757. However, there are many different internal configurations for that aircraft and you have have been switched from one version to another. A mere change of flight number or timing may or may not require seat reassignments.

FWIW, I got an email message from Emirates with the title "Important Flight Change Information". Turns out my flight now leaves 5 minutes earlier. Same flight number, same seats.

Simple rule to follow: You are ultimately responsible for the management of your travel arrangements. Stay on top of what the situation is and do what you have to. Do not ever expect others to do things for you.

We were notified of flight changes today and when I checked Delta, it was simply a new flight number between ATL and LAX, and also on the return flight. I immediately checked our seats and they are the same. At any rate, I try to remember to check our flights at least weekly anyway.