Triumph Guys Burgers

winchesterdog

Just got off the Sunshine, only one location; other side was tacos and burritos. It was always busy but not long lines due to an efficient serving system. The burgers are very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think the OP means there is one location but two lines. Thats how I read it anyway

I agree. We were on the Triumph in January and you have two sides you can enter. If one side doesn't have a plate the servers behind will but your burger on a plate.

Great Burgers!

PRO-TIP - The port side line will be huge. PLEASE take a second to check the Starboard side line. Most times it has only 5 or 6 people in it. This defies reason I know but it was always the case.

I was headed towards the buffet when I first noticed the second serving line at Guy's. Wasn't about to stand in line behind 25+ people for a burger!

OP here. I wasn't real clear. On Triumph you have 1 guys burgers joint. When facing Aft you actually have 2 lines leading to the counter. The Port side line is the most obvious as it begins amidships. People seem to gravitate to this side. Always 20+ people in this line. The Starboard side line feeds the counter from the opposite side and is not easily seen from anywhere but directly in front of the counter. This line never has very many in it at all because nobody in the port line can see how many are in the starboard line and they just assume it is the same length. LOL. Seeing is believing. Thank Me later! :)

Great Burgers!

PRO-TIP - The port side line will be huge. PLEASE take a second to check the Starboard side line. Most times it has only 5 or 6 people in it. This defies reason I know but it was always the case.

Really those are the worst burgers in the world.YUK

OP here. I wasn't real clear. On Triumph you have 1 guys burgers joint. When facing Aft you actually have 2 lines leading to the counter. The Port side line is the most obvious as it begins amidships. People seem to gravitate to this side. Always 20+ people in this line. The Starboard side line feeds the counter from the opposite side and is not easily seen from anywhere but directly in front of the counter. This line never has very many in it at all because nobody in the port line can see how many are in the starboard line and they just assume it is the same length. LOL. Seeing is believing. Thank Me later! :)

After your post, the starboard side will now have a long line.

Sorry but I totally disagree. Yes they are greasy. Hello, a burger is supposed to be greasy. When I think of worst burger in the world, I think McDonalds etc. Speaking of which, if McDonalds is so proud of now serviing 100% beef, just what in the heck were they serving before? :cool:

Guys Burgers are just fine. At least on Magic anyway. And its included unlike some other cruise line that try to charge you for a decent burger.

Edited by ryano

Sorry but I totally disagree. Yes they are greasy. Hello, a burger is supposed to be greasy. When I think of worst burger in the world, I think McDonalds etc. Speaking of which, if McDonalds is so proud of now serviing 100% beef, just what in the Hell were they serving before? :cool:

Guys Burgers are just fine. At least on Magic anyway. And its included unlike some other cruise line that try to charge you for a decent burger.

I love their burgers I always get 3 burgers with cheese no bun and then get some of their potato sticks off the bar .... Such a yummy lunch looking forward to my next 2 cruises

Haha, to each his own but you are obviously in the extreme minority. That is one of the firsts things we look at before booking! I don't eat burgers much because they are so fattening and bad for you so these are a real treat for me! That's actually the first question my boys (21,22) asked when I told them we were going on a cruise this year. That's the first place we head when we get on the ship. Sorry you don't like them but I'm sure there's something else you love. After all, you're on a cruise so everything tastes better than being at home :hearteyes:.

Sorry but I totally disagree. Yes they are greasy. Hello, a burger is supposed to be greasy. When I think of worst burger in the world, I think McDonalds etc. Speaking of which, if McDonalds is so proud of now serviing 100% beef, just what in the heck were they serving before? :cool:

Right. Being greasy makes it delicious. Can't imagine a burger that is too dry.

Consider me in the 'Guy's is totally overrated' category. Is it better than McDonald's? Sure. Is it to die for? Not a chance. I question where those who say this is the best burger they've ever had or they only go on ships with a Guy's, are eating their burgers otherwise. If this is the best burger you've ever had, you need to expand your dine-out options. I've always thought they were decent, better than the dried out ones they used to serve, but on the Conquest last week they just didn't appeal to me at all. I also thought the fries were way over-seasoned. I didn't recall them always being that way.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

I honestly have not tried guys yet (hope to on our next cruise), but I think like many things the quality of the end product is related to those cooking it at that time. I have been to restaurants where the food was awesome one time and not so good the next time.

I also think burgers are subjective like many foods, what makes an excellent burger for one is not what the next person wants in the least. I intend to try guys on the next cruise, the pig patty looks interesting to me. My guess is it's on the same level as a 5 Guys or something of that nature, I am interested in trying out the sauces and such to go with them. Was a burger place near where I used to live called Burger 21, had a really good burger but it was all other the other stuff and it's quality that made it even better.

We own a 50's Diner and charbroil our burgers, no grease. I am in the camp that says Guys are mediocre at best. To say this is one the best burgers you ever ate, you need to get out more often. Guys burgers have no texture, no seasoning, and are all well done.

Whew. You haven't had a burger from Royal's Windjammer buffet lately, I'm guessing. Lord, that thing was terrible. Once was enough.

Is Guy's the best burger in the world? Heck, no. (Best I've had is at The Vortex in Atlanta.) But even Cruise Critic -- not known for giving Carnival credit for much of anything, and for obvious reasons -- pronounced Guy's Burgers "the best burgers at sea."

Guy's does a great job of serving them quickly, so that even a long-looking line doesn't take too long to be whittled down, the 'specialty' burgers are good ("Ringer," etc.) and the toppings bar is excellent, too.