On the Vista now March 19-25, 2017

Thanks for posting. We are excited for our Havana aft wrap.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

One of the people in our group has 7440. It's nice! We almost took that one before I told him it was available, but it didn't have a sofa and with 2 of us in the cabin, that's something that we wanted. Have a great cruise!

First, thanks for taking the time to do a great review while on the ship.

Had the same thing happen to my iphone- it was a hardware problem. They had to replace the phone.

Question - have you noticed any "noise" at night from the area below your Havana Suite? We go to sleep early (10-11 pm) and are light sleepers. Did you hear music, etc?

Dang! Thanks for the info. Guess I'll have to get that taken care of when I get back.

Yes, I can faintly hear the music in my cabin if the TV is off until about midnight. Then it's quiet. I can only imagine what the people on 6 go through if they like to go to bed early.

Firemanbobswife thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am trying to get to sail the Vista soon. One question did you eat at the seafood shack? I apologize if you already mentioned it, but I didn't catch it. I hope you make it home safely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're welcome! No, I didn't have a chance to eat there, but I did see it. Today I went to Sea Day Brunch which was good, then had to have number 3 of 3 Guy's Burgers this week, and lastly Prime Rib with Baked Onion Soup and of course Chocolate Melting Cake for dinner :D. There were a lot of places I didn't get to try mostly because there's not enough time and I'm not a big eater. Have to keep my girlish figure ;p!

Just about all packed up and the ship has been steady rocking all day which made for a nice little 45 min cat nap today. After Brunch, my friend and I spent a couple hours basking in the glorious sun in Havana. I of course grabbed my favorite round lounger in the sun and it was oh so comfy. All was peaceful until a group of people sat down with some blaring music of their own. I was rather enjoying the Latin music (of which I could only understand about 1 out of 20 words they were singing because let's face it, they talk really fast and it's been a minute since I had 3 years of Spanish in HS). My friend said it wad Richard Marx as she was closer to them, but all I could hear was "Corazon" something something something "Tambien" something else in my left ear and a totally different beat in my right which I couldn't make out. Anyway, this went on for about 15 min and either someone said something to them, or they just left. But can you say RUDE?! Come on, people a little courtesy and common sense.

Besides that, dinner was great and I HATE when they play the "Leaving our Fun Ship" song. Makes me sad :( .

Just about all packed up and the ship has been steady rocking all day which made for a nice little 45 min cat nap today. After Brunch, my friend and I spent a couple hours basking in the glorious sun in Havana. I of course grabbed my favorite round lounger in the sun and it was oh so comfy. All was peaceful until a group of people sat down with some blaring music of their own. I was rather enjoying the Latin music (of which I could only understand about 1 out of 20 words they were singing because let's face it, they talk really fast and it's been a minute since I had 3 years of Spanish in HS). My friend said it wad Richard Marx as she was closer to them, but all I could hear was "Corazon" something something something "Tambien" something else in my left ear and a totally different beat in my right which I couldn't make out. Anyway, this went on for about 15 min and either someone said something to them, or they just left. But can you say RUDE?! Come on, people a little courtesy and common sense.

Besides that, dinner was great and I HATE when they play the "Leaving our Fun Ship" song. Makes me sad :( .

I hear you!!! enjoying your review, i feel ilke im there!!! Which makes me forget that is snowing right now outside!! Tomorrow its the saddest day, debarkation!!!

I hear you!!! enjoying your review, i feel ilke im there!!! Which makes me forget that is snowing right now outside!! Tomorrow its the saddest day, debarkation!!!

Snow?! Ugh! I kept telling myself as I was laying outside sweating every bit of moisture from my body that it wasn't that bad and that I really love the heat. I was thankful for every searing ray of sunshine that hit me knowing that the next day I would be wishing I was doing it all again.

Oh and one more thing before I turn this off. The other day a bartender told us that the Vista has more bars than other Carnival Ships, yet 11 less Bar Tenders/Bar Waiters and they will be cutting more very soon. I can't remember by how many, but I'll ask my friend if they recall the number. He also said that the only way they will do anything is if people continue to complain directly to Carnival. So if you have slow bar service, make it known on your surveys!

The problem with that though is that those in charge may use your survey of slow service as a reason to cut that employee. They will end up not replacing him/her to keep the numbers lower.

The problem with that though is that those in charge may use your survey of slow service as a reason to cut that employee. They will end up not replacing him/her to keep the numbers lower.

Not if you don't specify their name. I'm not talking about servers, but about bar service in general. You can tell them that bar service is slow due to not enough of them and that bar waiters in general are too few and far between.

Oh and speaking of that, the Bartender who told me about the reduction in crew, also said that they are going to remove bar waiters from the dining room and the waitstaff will be the ones getting your drinks. That should slow service down even more :(.

Debarkation was quick and painless. Platinums met in the dining room at 6:45am and we were off the ship shortly thereafter. 2 min wait at customs, summoned an Uber, and were at the airport at about 7:15am. 5 min wait through TSA Precheck and here we are.

My sister, her fiancee, and nieces put their bags out last night and one is missing. They claim all bags are off the ship, and she says they aren't being very helpful to her. I wish I was there to see what was going on. They looked through them all and the 4th bag isn't there. The other 3 were all on the conveyor belt together, so I'm thinking it got put in another cart and who knows where it is now. Hopefully it turns up and they can ship it to them. Needless to say, it is a terrible way to end an otherwise perfect vacation. She says she will never cruise again because of the attitude of the people there. No idea who she talked to so I don't even know if they are Carnival employees. Sure it's possible someone else picked it up, but they had duct tape and things on it to make it easily identifiable. Nothing we can do now and they are finally on their way to the airport. They spent over an hour an a half at the port trying to find it :mad:.

Not if you don't specify their name. I'm not talking about servers, but about bar service in general. You can tell them that bar service is slow due to not enough of them and that bar waiters in general are too few and far between.

Oh and speaking of that, the Bartender who told me about the reduction in crew, also said that they are going to remove bar waiters from the dining room and the waitstaff will be the ones getting your drinks. That should slow service down even more :(.

Thanks! Good to know about drink waiters in MDR. Will just have to take an extra drink with us.

Debarkation was quick and painless. Platinums met in the dining room at 6:45am and we were off the ship shortly thereafter. 2 min wait at customs, summoned an Uber, and were at the airport at about 7:15am. 5 min wait through TSA Precheck and here we are.

My sister, her fiancee, and nieces put their bags out last night and one is missing. They claim all bags are off the ship, and she says they aren't being very helpful to her. I wish I was there to see what was going on. They looked through them all and the 4th bag isn't there. The other 3 were all on the conveyor belt together, so I'm thinking it got put in another cart and who knows where it is now. Hopefully it turns up and they can ship it to them. Needless to say, it is a terrible way to end an otherwise perfect vacation. She says she will never cruise again because of the attitude of the people there. No idea who she talked to so I don't even know if they are Carnival employees. Sure it's possible someone else picked it up, but they had duct tape and things on it to make it easily identifiable. Nothing we can do now and they are finally on their way to the airport. They spent over an hour an a half at the port trying to find it :mad:.

Wow , that was fast! Sad to hear about your sister's family! I'm sure its not carnival's employees, but rather pier employees ! I dealt with them....and not so great!

First thanks sooo much to the OP for taking the time to provide a thorough, thoughtful and timely review.

Since the Vista will replace the Breeze in Galveston I read all the Vista reviews I can find.

I believe some of the issues that concern me will be/ already are fleet wide. Cutting back on wait staff and bartenders for instance.

Other issues seem to be class specific. We all have our favorites for our own reasons. The dream class hits my version of comfort, joy and fun.

I am so happy I still have two cruises booked on the Breeze while she's still ported in Galveston. The Vista just isn't tempting.

I have never cruised on Glory and thinking of cruising Glory or vista. How would you compare the 2? Wife and I have cruised conquest, magic and breeze.

Sent from my A3-A20 using Forums mobile app

The Conquest would be similar to the Glory. The Vista however, has all of the bells and whistles that Carnival is currently offering. The main drawback or complaint seems to be the liquid lounge showroom. If you can wait until the Horizon comes out, I'm sure that some of the nuances will be tweaked, like the piano bar being flipped to the opposite side of the ship because of a support pole and sightlines that I read about on another thread.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Computer Nerd: the social media is $5 per day or a cruise rate ( usually averages out to less than $5 a day ) .

The hub chat for keeping in touch on the ship is $5 for the entire cruise. So if your wife has it, you would only be paying an extra $5 during the cruise to chat with her on the ship. $10 total for the two of you to chat to each on the ship. You can also chat with anyone else who has the hub chat. The social media and the hub chat are two different plans.

Firemanbobswife, I hope this one experience does not discourage your sister from cruising.

We had the same experience in NYC when we debarked from the Vista TA. We found our 2 suitcases easily in zone 1. After an hour and a half, we found our 3rd suitcase in zone 18. The zone 1 tag was still on it. DH went up and down each zone until he found it.

So since then, we self debark and look after our own luggage. 5 cruises of self debarking and no problems.

OK after a much needed nap, I'm back!

Thanks for the kind words about my sister. They called and left a message while she was on the plane that they found her suitcase. She called back, but they are closed until Monday. This is why I go with only a carry on sized suitcase and an under seat bag. I do self assist. But with 3 girls, you know they have to bring every pair shoes they have, 5 bathing suites, etc. I warned them, but there's no changing their ways. Luckily, my niece has tons more clothes at home and all their important stuff was with them.

Some more thoughts about Vista. The garbage cans in the rooms now are TINY which is fine because they take up less space. I don't care for the brown carpet by the stairways. It always looks dirty as it's the type that shows every fuzz, and when things are spilled on it, you can still see the outline of where it used to be. They would be better off with a pattern like on other ships. A minor thing, but something I observed. The mini fridge was empty and it did a good job keeping our big bottles of water and an occasional can of Diet Coke cold. I kept the cabinet door open when I could to help with the air circulation.

Cheers - first time doing it, and I don't think I will again which I was 99.99% sure of going in. It was so nice not to worry about what the final bill would be and I think we came pretty close to breaking even. The frozen drinks had little to no alcohol in them and I never got a buzz. So for those that think people will be drunk the whole cruise by trying to get their money's worth, you are mistaken. The only thing I came close to getting with all that sugar was The Diabeetus :').