"Formal Nights" What is your preference?

On the post-Dynamic-Dining Quantum Class ships, it would be nice if they'd at least query passengers if they planned on dressing in formal attire on a formal night and then assign those passengers to tables in a particular dining room. Since the dining rooms are separated, and there's no single grand dining room space like other ships, this would at least give those desiring a formal night experience a better one.

As one of the INformals, I would agree that a system like this would make a lot of sense for everyone. . . you could split the room in half with a casual side and a dressy side, and the host could decide where everyone belongs. Then people like my group could still eat a nice dinner without hanging our head in shame or feeling obligated to choose the buffet/deli/pizzeria.

I wonder if that kind of scheme would be easier in the my time dining room rather than with the traditional set seatings.

Where is Biker and his meme?

I enjoy dressing up, DH enjoys dressing up. We dress for dinner every night on our cruises, because it's very different than what we do the rest of the time.

Cocktail dresses for me, nice collared shirt and pants for him or a suit on formal night.

Bottom line, it's something we enjoy, so we participate. I did see people turned away last year on Majesty for being in t-shirts and sleeveless shirts on formal night.

How about Bella.

5d00e28b698d0dd3ecc65b2cb15433d6.jpg

Go Bulldogs

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

At the end of the day, it depends on what you and your friends are comfortable with. For some it's a shirt and Jeans, while others its a full penguine suite.

For me, I enjoy the odd evening dressing up and getting my wife to put on my cuff links.

I usually need some help at this time 😂😂😂

At the end of the day, it depends on what you and your friends are comfortable with. For some it's a shirt and Jeans, while others its a full penguine suite.

For me, I enjoy the odd evening dressing up and getting my wife to put on my cuff links.

I usually need some help at this time 😂😂😂

Lots of female passengers comment that we look nice. I think they wish their spouses would dress up. Just my take on it.

Lots of female passengers comment that we look nice. I think they wish their spouses would dress up. Just my take on it.

I do enjoy the formal evenings, but perhaps saddened buy the amount of passengers that are now wearing polo shirts and jeans during such events.

Although my wife and I are in our fifties, we still have a lot of fun.

Personally I enjoy dressing up and making that evening even more special, but perhaps that's me 😬

I have found that cruises are a time to make and cement special relationships.

I have made so many friends during our cruises and for that I am eternally grateful.

I recall on a cruise a few years back, our table mates (a very nice couple) was selected to dine with the captain on formal night. They shared with us that they hadn't packed any formal clothes for the cruise. They went anyway and enjoyed a great time.

I mentioned that we were selected last cruise. I had Dockers, dress shirt, tie, and blazer. One other man only had dress shirt and tie. The other two males had suits. All the women were dressed well. Not ball gowns, or even cocktail dresses, but nice dresses.

That is one reason I will now carry a suit. I felt a bit under dressed. Not uncomfortable, but I would have preferred a suit.

If I find I am cruising a lot, I will probably get a tux. Just because, once in a while, I LIKE getting dressed up.

I mentioned that we were selected last cruise. I had Dockers, dress shirt, tie, and blazer. One other man only had dress shirt and tie. The other two males had suits. All the women were dressed well. Not ball gowns, or even cocktail dresses, but nice dresses.

That is one reason I will now carry a suit. I felt a bit under dressed. Not uncomfortable, but I would have preferred a suit.

If I find I am cruising a lot, I will probably get a tux. Just because, once in a while, I LIKE getting dressed up.

An invitation for dinner with the Captain isn't because the Captain wants to see what the cruisers are wearing. We bring enough classy casual clothes that would fit at a dinner table with ANY officer, even if it were the President of the Company. I hope to have an invitation some time to have dinner with the Captain it would be fun.....not stuffy. No tux for DH nor an evening gown for me brought along with us.

If you are cruising in December, you are going to see a lot of people gussied up in their formal duds (as least the ladies) as most of us have bought something new for work Christmas parties, galas, etc. (at least I have and so have my friends). So, as I say formal nights on cruises in December, tend to be a bit more classier and I think that is A OKAY. If you want to dress down, head on up to the Windjammer!! Men do not need tuxes, a black shirt, black dress pants and a tie would also do just fine.

Compromise has become such a dirty word. Many (most?) of the RCCL ships have multi-level MDRs. Why would it be so difficult to ask in your cruise documents if you prefer formal or casual dining and then, based on the numbers, assign people to eat at a dining room floor that is identified as formal or casual. That way, everyone can be happy and get their lobster tails too - without being told to get thee to the Windjammer.

If you are cruising in December, you are going to see a lot of people gussied up in their formal duds (as least the ladies) as most of us have bought something new for work Christmas parties, galas, etc. (at least I have and so have my friends). So, as I say formal nights on cruises in December, tend to be a bit more classier and I think that is A OKAY. If you want to dress down, head on up to the Windjammer!! Men do not need tuxes, a black shirt, black dress pants and a tie would also do just fine.

Things I am not doing on a cruise:

Wearing a tie OR going to the buffet for dinner.

If you want to dress up, go to the Windjammer.