72 Hour Sale on Pre-Cruise Purchases

TMLAalum

Boo! But I guess I can understand why since we are getting the other for free. But what happened to the package being able to be upgraded for only $10 per person per day? Now it's $11.80.

It's not "free", but included in your fare. You can cruise with no perks for less. It's an advertising ploy.

If it was 20% off the upgrade we might have considered it. Since we will be off the ship quite a bit we won't upgrade without the discount.

I agree, the whole "sale" is a marketing ploy.

The Classic Beverage Package has been reduced from the £45.10 per person per day that I paid in January to £36.08 per person per day. Great, you'd think. But the service charge has gone up so much that the total cost for 15 days is now £1.50 more expensive. Ouch!!

The Classic Beverage Package has been reduced from the £45.10 per person per day that I paid in January to £36.08 per person per day. Great, you'd think. But the service charge has gone up so much that the total cost for 15 days is now £1.50 more expensive. Ouch!!

You could cancel the CP you booked in January and rebook during the sale. Will save you £9 a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For us this is quite a bargain. We are on Silhouette's April TA with 10 sea days. We would normally buy the non alcoholic package as we drink a fair amount of coffee, water and sodas. However as this package is not discounted we have bought the discounted classic alcohol package this time. We worked it out that we were paying $20 more per night. That to us is a good deal for wine, cocktails, beer which we would have bought anyway. Without the discount the two packages were $18 and $55 without the grats. We paid $38.50 for the discounted package. We are not heavy drinkers and the sea days allows us to have some wine and cocktails spread out throughout the day. Even as Elite, we feel the '3 free drinks' should be allowed to be taken at anytime during the day and not just between 5 and 7.

Also if the information posted about changes to the Classic Package is rolled out across the fleet then this becomes a better deal again, ie more choice and just paying the difference if you want something not on the package.

The 5 dinner package standard price is $159pp

On my cruise they only had the 6&7 night packages on sale... I guess this could be different from cruise to cruise

What is the 3 dinner standard price? Infinity and which places on that ship is it good for?

Jimbo:)

You could cancel the CP you booked in January and rebook during the sale. Will save you £9 a day.

:) That's exactly what I did. The new "sale" price was £1.50 per person more expensive than my original order. Teach me to look for a bargain ha ha

I have received the email as well but has anyone purchased any of the spa services for a discount? My email states up to 65% on these services??

I need to sit down in front a laptop this afternoon to explore as the links don't work very well on my phone browser.

Re: Excursions that have the 20% off "sale" banner but don't appear to be reduced in price:

I called the Captain's Club this morning and the Agent confirmed a lot of the shore excursions that are "flagged" in your Cruise Planner as being 20% off on this 72 sale are still priced at the full non-discounted rate. They ended up charging my credit card the full amount of the excursion and are reimbursing the 20% overcharge in the form of OBC.

Are you saying that the excursions listed as being 20% off, and say "reduction reflected in price", do not have the reduced price listed, after all? They show the wrong price, so the difference will be refunded in OBC? Sounds odd. why don't they just charge the reduced price?

I also noticed - on my upcoming cruise - that ever single excursion, with the 20% banner, says that the excursion is "almost" sold out. hmmm

I have received the email as well but has anyone purchased any of the spa services for a discount? My email states up to 65% on these services??

I need to sit down in front a laptop this afternoon to explore as the links don't work very well on my phone browser.

This really depends on when you are cruising and if you want at least two spa treatments. I was personally told "not until May 8." However, I told them what I saw and they had no place to compare it, so they were going to let me book, but after I saw that one spa treatment was full price and then depending on the next treatment's cost, the up to 65% would be on the lesser of the two. I decided to book a port day and get that discount, as I was going to be busy on our TA this April. My second choice was not even close to 65% off. So...it just depends on what you want and if they will honor it before May 8. I spoke with a Canyon Ranch Spa representative. She also understood the issues with the web site and the glitches that always happen!

This really depends on when you are cruising and if you want at least two spa treatments. I was personally told "not until May 8." However, I told them what I saw and they had no place to compare it, so they were going to let me book, but after I saw that one spa treatment was full price and then depending on the next treatment's cost, the up to 65% would be on the lesser of the two. I decided to book a port day and get that discount, as I was going to be busy on our TA this April. My second choice was not even close to 65% off. So...it just depends on what you want and if they will honor it before May 8. I spoke with a Canyon Ranch Spa representative. She also understood the issues with the web site and the glitches that always happen!

Here's was our 72-hour deal. For two spa treatments, you pay the highest price and get the lower priced one for $99. We only have one day at sea during our 9-day itinerary, so we'd figure we would lock it in for July 17 and get the times we wanted. Two Canyon Ranch massages are $145 each, so we saved $46 on the second one or an average price of $122, a 16% savings. You could say that we saved 32% on the second, but it's really 16% of total price.

Are you saying that the excursions listed as being 20% off, and say "reduction reflected in price", do not have the reduced price listed, after all? They show the wrong price, so the difference will be refunded in OBC? Sounds odd. why don't they just charge the reduced price?

I also noticed - on my upcoming cruise - that ever single excursion, with the 20% banner, says that the excursion is "almost" sold out. hmmm

Of the two excursions we bought during the sale, one was properly discounted (20% off) in the Cruise Planner and I was able to buy on line with no problem. But the other one was still priced at the regular price, even though it indicated it was 20% off. That was the one we had to pay full price for and they're reimbursing us the 20% in OBC.

Just another example of their broken website and also the reason the phone lines were jammed all weekend.

That really was the worst offer ever, if none of the prices reflected the discount as flagged on the website!

Every one of our excursions that we already paid for was listed as "20% Off", but all reflected the same price (or higher in one case) than we already paid! HAHA!

Oh well! Good thing I was happy with the price we paid originally !! ;p The $80 difference with the 20% Off prices would have made its way back to the ship somehow anyway, I'm sure.....

Just leaves a bad taste because this is our first time sailing with Celebrity. They planted the seeds of doubt.

Here's was our 72-hour deal. For two spa treatments, you pay the highest price and get the lower priced one for $99. We only have one day at sea during our 9-day itinerary, so we'd figure we would lock it in for July 17 and get the times we wanted. Two Canyon Ranch massages are $145 each, so we saved $46 on the second one or an average price of $122, a 16% savings. You could say that we saved 32% on the second, but it's really 16% of total price.

Thank you both for posting about your spa deals. I did receive an e-mail this afternoon from Canyon Ranch regarding the sale promo and it is similar to your but was a little higher in cost. I did have to e-mail them as their 800 number is closed and supposedly they will honor the quote they gave me. If it all works out it would be roughly a 40% discount. I'll keep you posted.

• 4 weeks later...