BA. WaterSlides. They put you on a scale?

caddykid12

Just heard that they weigh you for waterslides? Is that true

A slide that can hold up to damaging strong hurricane force winds at sea and sea salt cant hold a human that weighs a few lbs over?

Is there a limit on all slides or just freefall

I'm 6'8" 320lbs ( I wear it damn well) and been down Green Thunder and Speed racers on sunshine and pride and didn't die. Max was 300

U telling me I gotta do a weight cut for vacation?

Your only issue would be with the drop slides....

"Waterslides: Free Fall - Must be 48" (122cm) or taller and weigh at least 99lbs (45kgs) but no more than 300lbs (136kgs)."

But do they put u on a scale as I hear? Been down many others with a 300 limit. As I stated. Never died :)

If they don't weigh its basically free fall at it own risk....

There IS a scale but it is usually used for those who appear to be borderline underweight.

I don't know if they weigh those who might be over the weight limit. They aren't worrying about you dying. They don't want their slide damaged.

Maybe another CC member who is around 300lbs can give a more specific answer.

Our time on BA was as above. If the scrawny kid looked to be under 99# they weighed them but then whoever was working knew who they were during their shift and they didn't get weighed again.

Didn't see anyone near the max weight so can't comment on that. Also, for drop slides no jewelry of any kind.

Unfortunately.... they do weigh you for the slides if you appear above weight. I was on the Breakaway July 2016 and they weighed me for the non-drop slide - they now enforce a limit of 300 pounds on ALL slides, not just drop slide.

Know how I know? I was 320 (6' 2") and they did not let me go - kinda embarrassing to have to walk back down in front of everyone lol.

Whats interesting is that when I was on the maiden breakaway voyage to Bermuda (I think it was April 2013?) they only weighed for dropslides and let me go on the regular slide with no issue - I was absolutely suprised at the change.

I am going to be on the Breakaway again this Sunday to Florida and Bahamas and maybe they changed it back? But last year it was definitely enforced on all Breakaway slides.

Norwegian Breakaway / Norwegian Getaway

Ropes Course: Must be 48" (122cm) or taller to be on the course without a chaperone. Max weight is 300 lbs (136kgs) Skytykes (child's course) available for under 48" (122cm) as long as chaperone is present. Max weight is 300 lbs (136kgs). Enclosed footwear is required (such as sneakers) – no flip flops or sandals are permitted on the ropes course.

Waterslides: Free Fall - Must be 48" (122cm) or taller and weigh at least 99lbs (45kgs) but no more than 300lbs (136kgs). No jewelry of any kind may be worn on the slide. Whip Waterslides - Must be to be at least 48" (122cm). Family slide - Must be at least 42" (106cm).

Bungee: No minimum height but guests must be over 30lbs (14kgs) but under 250lbs (113kgs) and must be able to bounce unassisted.

Spiderweb: Minimum height is 42" (106cm) guests must be over 30lbs (14kgs) but under 250lbs (113kgs)

I'm just off the Getaway and traveled with someone very close to 300 lbs. He was weighed for the ropes course and the drop slide. Since he was under 300lbs he was allowed on both. I know it's not the Breakaway, but just sharing my experience. The rules for the bungee trampoline also changed. I was able to jump last year and I'm about 135lbs. This year, the weight limit I think was 70lbs. They were very strict with the rules and weighed my son every time he bounced or climbed the spider web and he was clearly under the max weight at 48 lbs.

it has nothing to do with if the slide can hold you. on the free falls, you can get stuck if you are under or over weight due to the dips in the slide that require you to be propelled up by the water. people can get stuck, adn have gotten stuck. there are actually trap doors they open so you can climb out when this happens.

I'll be traveling someone on the other end of the spectrum. My skinny li'l 90 lb. 13-year-old son is talking about sewing weights into the pockets of his swimsuit so he can ride. That or he has 4 months to gain 10 lbs. (Would be easy for most of us, but not for him.)

Underweight I can see having not enuff inertia to go up and around the loop. Overweight not so much. I've done many enclosed slides on cruises. Believe me. My circumference is just fine.

Just found quite odd they will try and judge who to weigh.....

As I said how can a few lbs break a slide that is build to held hurricane winds and to bend with the lean and sway of the ship.

I am going to be on the Breakaway again this Sunday to Florida and Bahamas and maybe they changed it back? But last year it was definitely enforced on all Breakaway slides.

I'd love to hear your findings after ur trip this sunday

Underweight I can see having not enuff inertia to go up and around the loop. Overweight not so much. I've done many enclosed slides on cruises. Believe me. My circumference is just fine.

Just found quite odd they will try and judge who to weigh.....

As I said how can a few lbs break a slide that is build to held hurricane winds and to bend with the lean and sway of the ship.

I'm sure they have valid reasons for those weight restrictions. I highly doubt they just picked some numbers out of a hat.

Just heard that they weigh you for waterslides? Is that true

A slide that can hold up to damaging strong hurricane force winds at sea and sea salt cant hold a human that weighs a few lbs over?

Is there a limit on all slides or just freefall

I'm 6'8" 320lbs ( I wear it damn well) and been down Green Thunder and Speed racers on sunshine and pride and didn't die. Max was 300

U telling me I gotta do a weight cut for vacation?

That's exactly what they are telling you assuming they enforce the posted limitations.