Organizing Cruise Cabin – Privacy Curtain

CrzN4Info

May I add a tip that I find very useful? I struggled for many cruises where to put the worn clothing. I did not want to mix them with the clean ones. I bought a collapsible hamper...At the dollar store. It fits nicely in my suitcase and tucks away so soiled clothing is out of site. A fabric softener sheet keeps it fresh smelling till it reaches the washer

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

We do the same on every cruise ... and even hang our damp bathing suits over the sides instead of folding them back up and putting them away.

Then, on the way home, we always pack the small plug in clock inside the folded hamper as it keeps it a little cushioned inside the suit case.

Great ideas, GREAT visuals, and great leads on where to find these things as well! All around just wonderful. We are planning to bring a shower curtain with us to our Baltics cruise as we'll have our 15 year old niece with us. But now I'll get two so we can put one near the bathroom entrance as well to provide a larger, make-shift dressing room for my 6'4" DH. And I love the idea about hanging a shower caddy near her bed for her paraphernalia!

I also pack a [non-surge protector] extension cord for charging all of our electronics simultaneously and a large 9x12 envelope to neatly store all of our daily logs (e.g., Princess Patters).

BTW, we took (cheap) magnet clips on our Ruby Princess cruise and they just slid right down the wall before we even attached one sheet of paper to it? Anyone know what we did wrong? (We now bought the ones you endorsed for our next sailing.)

Thank you, thank you, thank you for sure a fabulous post with great visuals!

On the S-class ships there is no pull across clothes line in the shower like on the M-class. We solve this by using 2 strong magnets in the shower and tie a piece of twine between them, then hang our wet bathing suits in the shower when we're done, also use it to hang hand washables. Also you can inflate a balloon (or use the umbrella) as a drying rack. Easy to pack and you can leave them behind when your cruise is over. We also use a 5 hub USB charger to charge all our devices at once. It's the size of a deck of cards and made by Lumsing and available on Amazon. Those colorful plastic towel clips are useful as clothespins in the cabin as well.

On the S-class ships there is no pull across clothes line in the shower like on the M-class. We solve this by using 2 strong magnets in the shower and tie a piece of twine between them, then hang our wet bathing suits in the shower when we're done, also use it to hang hand washables. Also you can inflate a balloon (or use the umbrella) as a drying rack. Easy to pack and you can leave them behind when your cruise is over. We also use a 5 hub USB charger to charge all our devices at once. It's the size of a deck of cards and made by Lumsing and available on Amazon. Those colorful plastic towel clips are useful as clothespins in the cabin as well.

We use the Mini USB/Surge Protector pictured below. It's perfect because there are only 3 of us. Pictured below is also what the plug area looks like on the Silhouette. We plugged ours into the first plug so it wouldn't block the light switch for the vanity or the plug for the hair dryer.

We got this Mini Travel Surge Protector from Amazon for only $17.50

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ATZJ5YS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

7F581542-70A2-444B-9AEC-CE59ACD29120_zpshntcjels.jpg

If you take an inflatable beach ball, it can double as drying rack and a footstool for balcony!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

We use the Mini USB/Surge Protector pictured below. It's perfect because there are only 3 of us. Pictured below is also what the plug area looks like on the Silhouette. We plugged ours into the first plug so it wouldn't block the light switch for the vanity or the plug for the hair dryer.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ATZJ5YS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

7F581542-70A2-444B-9AEC-CE59ACD29120_zpshntcjels.jpg

True surge protectors are not allowed on ships due to increased fire risk.

Our idea for our ocean view room on the Millie is a black out drape for our window. After reading several comments about light coming into the cabin, we decided to take a metallic emergency "blanket" that we could secure with magnets to cover the window at night so that we would have a totally dark room for sleeping. I know that an inside room would have this covered but we like to see out in the day time. The blanket was a freebie and is 52 inches by 80 inches. It is made of some very thin space age material which does not rip and folds to fit in a sandwich bag. I will let you know how it works. Our roll call will see it on the cabin crawl for our Trans Pacific in May from Japan.

True surge protectors are not allowed on ships due to increased fire risk.

Correct! We used to bring that same exact surge suppressor before we learned how dangerous they are on a ship. We now generally only bring a multi-port USB charger since almost everything we plug in is USB. Anything else uses the other outlet. You can also get a simple multi-outlet adapter at the hardware store for about a buck.

Mike

You have some great ideas. I bought 4 of the super strong magnetic hooks and wished I bought 12. I used them for our bathing suits.

Bought an over the door organizer which came in handy for all our odds and ends.

I also have a magnetic white board in which to keep track of the day and activities.

Also, a bathroom spray - a must fir small bathrooms and a room deodorizer.

I buy 2 medium/small plastic plant trays (that you put under plants to catch water). Under a buck each and I put one on each nightstand to put earrings, watch, sea pass, etc. Weighs nothing, toss at end of cruise and keeps small things from getting lost. Love the inflatable beach ball idea for a footstool!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I really enjoy these threads... So many learning and added convieniences are offered. I like the "Doo dad tray" idea. I am often to tired to put my embellishments away before I jump into bed...And I have certainly found earrings and such on the floor just waiting for the vacuum. I am scouting out a "valet" for our next cruise for sure.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I read this just before my cruise on 4/13. I already had 2 of the collapsible squares and they worked so good to keep clutter, that I left them in my suitcase for the next cruise. This is an awesome thread. Thanks.

You have some great ideas. I bought 4 of the super strong magnetic hooks and wished I bought 12. I used them for our bathing suits.

You will be surprised to know how much two of those strong hooks will hold if you just also bring some twine and tie it to the hooks. You then have a clothesline you can string across the shower walls. Rather than clothespins, we use those colorful towel clips double duty. We got a set of 12 on Amazon pretty cheaply. Works great, and we just leave them in our suitcases for the next cruise.

Thanks for the magnet link. Had been looking for them. Great ideas, and am a fan of Dollar store items for cruising, often disposable at the end but so helpful to stay organized in a small space. :-) Great post !