No more adult only aft pools?

I was going to book the Glory for next year......not anymore!!! I don't get in any of the swimming pools. I enjoyed the area because it was quite & had an excellent view. You have a bar for your drinks, some ok pizza, & ice cream.

I thought the aft pools had always been this way. I knew Serenity was adult only, and the pools in serenity areas (for those that have them), were adults only. I have never been informed of a ship having an 'adults only' aft pool. Confused.

We were on the Dream in Jan with my kids. I had my kids back by the aft pool because nothing said it was adults only so I never assumed that it was. I would feel really badly if it were adults only and I traipsed my kids through there. :o Can someone chime in as to whether or not the aft pool on Dream is adults only?

So on the "other" site, people are going crazy saying Carnival is making the aft pools open to children and they won't be adult only anymore, but I can't find any proof. The only thing they keep repeating is that it came from John Heald and it's on Carnival's page. I can't find it anywhere. I know they made the aft adult pool open to everyone while Glory had the Waterworks being installed, but has anyone seen any info that says this will stay permanently or that it is effective on other ships as well? I'm really hoping it's not true.

I thought only the Conquest class had the aft pool as adult only (one of the reasons I like the conquest class)??

ETA: Holy crap, after reading the rest of the thread, that sucks. I really enjoy my carnival cruises and even this won't drive me away but it was nice to be able to get away from all of the noise every so often. One fewer places of refuge.

Just as I am starting to consider Celebrity once again, I go over to that board to discover that Celebrity is now charging solos 225 pc. ! That in my opinion is downright wrong! I will keep looking though, maybe it will have to be one of the solo studios on NCL.:loudcry:

I've learned that when John asks questions, a lot of times it has to do with changes they are about to make. No doubt this decision was made way before he ever posted it.

I don't get how they can think that adults don't use the aft pools. Every time I cruise the loungers are full and there are quite a few people in the pools. While they may be adding Serenity areas, they should IMHO also have a pool either contained within it or like it was until very recently. Adults like to swim too.

I agree, I have always enjoyed the Aft adult pool. I swim in it and many adults as well as myself stand it it for hours just socializing. This is not sitting well with me either. I love hot tubs and those are continually overflowing with children. Don't get me wrong I love kids, I have two grown boys. But I do like being able to escape the rambunctious at times when I'm cruising.

Just noticed this that John posted on the "other" site about 2 hours ago (screen shot of post). Not getting my hopes up though as when Carnival decides to make a change, it's permanent and not up for negotiation. We'll see.

Not always. I noticed on the Vista several new live bands were playing instead of DJs.

Just as I am starting to consider Celebrity once again, I go over to that board to discover that Celebrity is now charging solos 225 pc. ! That in my opinion is downright wrong! I will keep looking though, maybe it will have to be one of the solo studios on NCL.:loudcry:

Was on the NCL Escape last summer in a solo and it was a great Cruise, especially since it included a perk, which of course was their alcohol package.

I know that the newer builds by RCI have solo cabins and I think the Celebrity Edge will have them as well.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

I will have to check it out. I don't see how that is possible.

Was on the NCL Escape last summer in a solo and it was a great Cruise, especially since it included a perk, which of course was their alcohol package.

I know that the newer builds by RCI have solo cabins and I think the Celebrity Edge will have them as well.

Yes, I really do want to try NCL, and right now looks like it may be my only option ? (only option?? lol, ). I was booked on Escape for this coming September but had to cancel, due to upcoming surgery and knew I would not be recovered in time. Late fall and winter does not work for me, as I need to be here for family reasons.

Over on the Celebrity board there is a thread called "solo 225 pc charge, dont book it", and someone on there has said that Edge solo rooms will be charging 180pc for it. Still a bit steep I think for a very small room. But time will tell I guess.

This changes EVERYTHING for us as well!!! We have only gone on ships that had the adult only pools!!! Haven't been on the dream class ships for that very reason.

Agree totally. Why cant they let the adults have one pool without kids. They should have planned the serenity areas better and allowed for a pool.

Makes me sad!!!!:(

The news of changing the aft pools to family vs. adults is a game changer for me. I have a teen and young adult children. When they were little, I gladly sat at the Lido pool while they socialized and had fun. Now that they are older I have appreciated the aft pool where I can relax and cool off without being part of a Marco Polo championship of screaming kids. This is very disappointing. Of all the changes, this one will make me change lines after years of loyalty.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was considering an Eastern Caribbean on the Conquest in April 2019, but I may change that to either Carnival Horizon if I can get a Havana cabin, or to something on MSC or Norwegian if I can't.

Sent from my eye phone using Forums FFS

After cruising Carnival we tried HAL a little over a month ago. Definitely no kids there. The average age there was older than us by a lot (close to 80?), but no kids. I think there were only 10 kids on the cruise. I'm not sure what's worse, kids in the pool or old guys wearing all of there clothes AND SHOES into the pools. That was my cue to get out. When we sailed on the Liberty out of San Juan in December of 2015 I was in the adult aft pool on a port day. That is until the guy who had been drinking all morning went into the public restroom at the aft pool in his bare feet and proceeded to hop right in the pool. Again, my cue to exit the pool. Pools and hot tubs on the ships are sketchy at best regardless of who is on the ship. Have another drink and relax, head to a beach to get your water fix.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Of all the changes, this one will make me change lines after years of loyalty.

I can relate...15 out of my first 21 cruises were on Carnival, but only 2 out of my last 8 have been. Took the blinders off years ago and found many ships and promotions to my liking. The only reasons we came back to Carnival was to try out the Havana area on the second Vista class ship that will hopefully have all of the minor problems that the Vista has had eliminated, except of course the liquid lounge.

I was considering an Eastern Caribbean on the Conquest in April 2019, but I may change that to either Carnival Horizon if I can get a Havana cabin, or to something on MSC or Norwegian if I can't.

Sent from my eye phone using Forums FFS

April of 2019 is far enough out that you should still be able to snag a Havana area cabin. I can tell you though that 5 out of 14 Havana insides for our Feb 2019 sailing were sold already six weeks ago, almost two years out.

each ship is different and some serenity decks have no pool or hot tub before booking decide is the ship more important than the destination? Your travel agent can help you with the ship specifics with so many changes per ship there are often differences from one voyage to another check out my travel blog http://www.atouristlife.com

April of 2019 is far enough out that you should still be able to snag a Havana area cabin. I can tell you though that 5 out of 14 Havana insides for our Feb 2019 sailing were sold already six weeks ago, almost two years out.

The Havana Aft Balcony I booked 21 months out on the Vista 6-day Western Caribbean for March 18, 2018 was $1,998.00 before tax, or $166.50 per person per day (double occupancy).

The same cabin on the Horizon 8-day Eastern Caribbean for April 20, 2019 is almost double that, although it comes out to $223.63 per person per day. For that matter, any balcony will be at least $800 more, or $174.88 per person per day. For that matter, a Havana Interior would still be $135.50 per person per day.

No thanks.

Early Saver is not much help since the Havana categories will typically sell out way in advance of the sailing.