No more adult only aft pools?

I cannot tell you how disappointed I am in this change. I was just about to book Splendor, Conquest or Glory for next Feb.- now I may switch lines. Are there ANY adult pools left on Carnival? I have never really complained about the changes CCL has instituted in the past - but this may just be the straw that breaks the camel's back. I am not a member of FB, so can't even register my disappointment on this change there. JH announces every little thing like it is the second coming - but this he just tries to slip by everyone. The adult pool on Splendor was jammed during my cruise - literally no space to sit, and everyone was in the water. Maybe they were observing the pools during bad weather????

I've learned that when John asks questions, a lot of times it has to do with changes they are about to make. No doubt this decision was made way before he ever posted it.

I don't get how they can think that adults don't use the aft pools. Every time I cruise the loungers are full and there are quite a few people in the pools. While they may be adding Serenity areas, they should IMHO also have a pool either contained within it or like it was until very recently. Adults like to swim too.

We definitely think alike...when John asks questions, a change is imminent.

Although we didn't get into the adult only aft pool on our last cruise, we have enjoyed the adult only aft pool on all of our other cruises on Conquest class ships. Every time, they have been crowded and no loungers, but we've been able to sit at the edge of the pool and get in. I don't have kids, but don't have a problem with them but we both enjoyed the aft pool as adult only with no kids splashing around/jumping in. The reason we didn't use the aft pool on our last cruise was because we were on Liberty on the southern itinerary out of San Juan, so there was only one sea day and we were with friends on Deck 10 enjoying all of the entertainment at the main pool. But every other cruise it's been just us and we've always used the aft, adult only pool on the sea days.

So does the Pride still have the adult pool?

I have to imagine they do since they actually had a pool in their Serenity area. They would have to take away Serenity to get rid of it.

The whole decision is nonsensical to me. If Disney, a wholly family-friendly line has an actual pool dedicated as adults only, why would Carnival aim to take that away. I don't hate children, but I enjoy having a pool with minimal splashing and screaming during our cruises. Plus every time we are at the aft pool it has been packed with adults both in loungers and in the pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am also very disappointed Carnival is taking away the aft adult only pool. I did post on the other site that I did get in the adult only pool last cruise. I work with children, love my job, while on vacation I am not able to stop children from being unsafe or disrespectful. I like to find places to go to relax and unwind away from my work world.

I have to imagine they do since they actually had a pool in their Serenity area. They would have to take away Serenity to get rid of it.

The whole decision is nonsensical to me. If Disney, a wholly family-friendly line has an actual pool dedicated as adults only, why would Carnival aim to take that away. I don't hate children, but I enjoy having a pool with minimal splashing and screaming during our cruises. Plus every time we are at the aft pool it has been packed with adults both in loungers and in the pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This ...If Disney can have an adult only pool, why would CCL take that away?

Not only does it affect the pool, i can only imagine now that whole area will be jampacked because of it. Used to be a pretty quiet area and the bar back there was great to sit and chill at.

On our last Sunshine cruise the pool open to kids was swarming with them with a lot of jumping to see how many others their splashes would reach. It was my observation that there was little adult supervision. I snagged a lounger meaning to begin a new novel but had to find another place because the noise and screaming was too much to concentrate - a real feat for them since I used to teach 7th graders. :D:D

We just got off the Conquest on April 1--and while the aft pool may be 'family-friendly' it was the adults who dominated that pool. I think we saw 1 child there the afternoon we spent in the pool. A couple teens--mainly checking in with the parents--but that was it. It was too far from the water side and where the entertainment was.

Huge disappointment for me too, also a last straw moment and have been a pretty big Carnival cheerleader in the past. IF they had pool monitors at each pool to keep kids from jumping in, splashing others and obeying normal pool rules and etiquette that would be one thing but we all know this is not going to happen. Now I would like to know what cruise lines that are not Carnival Corporation should I start looking at that has adult only pools and areas.

I agree that we need an adults only pool, its hard enough finding enough chairs out back for the adults now you will have all the moms saving seats for the kids towels while they all swim in the hot tubs .

we need to get a poll going

I'm on my phone so can't do it. Please get one started!

I find it somewhat comical that John posted this:

"Thank you all for your comments and posts on the aft pools. Mischelle and I will collate them all make sure the right people read your thoughts on both sides of the discussion

Cheers"

As if it's even go my to be close! I don't know why he doesn't just do a proper poll himself. It's always "Yes" or "No" answers as comments. Just do the stinking poll so it's real simple and clear what the guests want. I'll bet its overwhelmingly in favor of adults only. Sorry if I'm ranting but I'm super fired up right now.

At least they seem to be getting the message that there are a bunch of unhappy people. There is no way there will be more people that want family friendly vs adult only. Absolutely no way.

Huge disappointment for me too, also a last straw moment and have been a pretty big Carnival cheerleader in the past. IF they had pool monitors at each pool to keep kids from jumping in, splashing others and obeying normal pool rules and etiquette that would be one thing but we all know this is not going to happen. Now I would like to know what cruise lines that are not Carnival Corporation should I start looking at that has adult only pools and areas.

Celebrity I know for sure. I think RC has one too but I'm not 100% on that since I've never been.

I thought the aft pools had always been this way. I knew Serenity was adult only, and the pools in serenity areas (for those that have them), were adults only. I have never been informed of a ship having an 'adults only' aft pool. Confused.

This was a big disappointment to us as we like the Conquest class ships and always use the adult only pool. Now that the kids are grown, our next cruise is a 14 day on Princess and we will definitely be enjoying the 2 adult only pools.

Seems so ridiculous that Disney can have a really nice adult only area but Carnival can't anymore.

Just noticed this that John posted on the "other" site about 2 hours ago (screen shot of post). Not getting my hopes up though as when Carnival decides to make a change, it's permanent and not up for negotiation. We'll see.

2017_04_08-JHFB.jpg

There we go again - thinking alike! Are you sure we're not related?!

Are there ANY adult pools left on Carnival?

The Sunshine and I think the Pride each have a pool in their Serenity area. If I am mistaken, I'm sure I will be corrected. Otherwise, it's the Havana area on the Vista and Horizon. Thank goodness that's where our cabins are located in 2018 and 2019.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

The Sunshine and I think the Pride each have a pool in their Serenity area. If I am mistaken, I'm sure I will be corrected. Otherwise, it's the Havana area on the Vista and Horizon. Thank goodness that's where our cabins are located in 2018 and 2019.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

I may be forced to abandon my favorite Conquest Class ships and go back to Vista if I decide to stick with Carnival. Although that may be their plan - to make people who want an adult pool to book only a handful of ships with half of them (when Horizon is launched) commanding a premium for Havana. It has to be tied to the all mighty dollar one way or another.