No more adult only aft pools?

They do, but only on the Sunshine and Pride in Serenity or the Vista and Horizon in Havana area.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

I've been on Sunshine 4 or five times now , trust me kids have been in the Serenity pools for a while now . Nothing new . Splashing water all over the adults just having a ball.:D

Early Saver is not much help since the Havana categories will typically sell out way in advance of the sailing.

I knew that going in..So I used a comparison website as a base of information and stumbled across an online TA that discounted our cruise by 300 for our 2019 Havana sailing and 340 for our 2018 Havana sailing out of NYC. It ended up being a 12.9% discount including all port charges. It's also a group booking, so it's fully cancellable​ with no penalty.

The Serenity area on Splendor is located towards the front of the ship and there is no pool. There is a hot tub if I remember near it. Check the deck plans for location. I do remember it being a smaller area.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My guess is that the reason that they're "messing with it" is adults don't swim too often. The Serenity pool as far as I've seen has always been empty or with maybe one or two people, on occasion. My concern is that if kids can access the pool then they'll be taking over the loungers as well and Serenity will be no more.

If there are one or two people in the Serenity pool EVER, that's enough reason to leave it adult only. There should be a place for adults to have a "serene" spot to enjoy the cruise without the madness of the kids all the time. As someone else said, once they can access the pool they will taking over the loungers and suddenly the nice "quiet" serenity area will cease to exist.

People should be upset about this and they should voice their dissatisfaction. Yes the Serenity area exists for adult enjoyment- an oasis away from the madness. That said, families should be thrilled that there is one area for people to have an "adult only" area because it gives them one place they know they can send the dissatisfied cruisers who want to yell at kids for being kids. I have seen it too many times. Older folks being excessively rude to my nieces when we cruise. I politely point them to the adult only areas and tell them there is a great place for them to go for peace and quiet. If they want to lay out by the kiddie pool and family pool- they should and must expect "family" noise and excitement.

This changes EVERYTHING for us as well!!! We have only gone on ships that had the adult only pools!!! Haven't been on the dream class ships for that very reason.

Agree totally. Why cant they let the adults have one pool without kids. They should have planned the serenity areas better and allowed for a pool.

Makes me sad!!!!:(

Seriously true! The Serenity area on the Splendor does not have a hot tub and you can't walk all the way around due to the spa - you have to go inside and across if you want to look for a chair on the other side

each ship is different and some serenity decks have no pool or hot tub before booking decide is the ship more important than the destination? Your travel agent can help you with the ship specifics with so many changes per ship there are often differences from one voyage to another check out my travel blog www.atouristlife.com

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Flowers - the reason I am so upset is that -

1 - I have finally booked a B2B (has been on my bucket list) for an upcoming BIG Birthday

2 - I cruise for the cruise experience.....I purposely selected the Splendor because I so enjoyed the layout of the aft area with the adult only pool and hot tubs when I sailed this ship last year

3 - I am sailing next month....this cruise has been booked and totally paid for before this change was made

IF this change was made before I booked/paid, I would have selected a different Carnival ship for these 2 weeks at sea since the Serenity Deck layout is so poor on this ship

This is a picture of the aft Liner Pool taken during one of our Carnival Splendor cruises. Seems to me that there are plenty of adults that partake of the adults only pool. If you make this area kid friendly, then the two hot tubs here will be over- run also, leaving zero adult only hot tubs, since Splendor's Serenity doesn't have any! :mad:

full?d=0

I didn't get to use the hot tubs in the adult only area when I went. The kids had taken over all the rest of them and 2 whole pools. I was able to get in the hot tub once because all the adults ran to the back because of the kids.

Princess is part of Carnival group. Not Celebrity they're owned by Royal Caribbean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't mean to imply that they were...Have cruised on Carnival, Royal and Celebrity, both before and after being purchased by RCI.

The Havana Aft Balcony I booked 21 months out on the Vista 6-day Western Caribbean for March 18, 2018 was $1,998.00 before tax, or $166.50 per person per day (double occupancy).

The same cabin on the Horizon 8-day Eastern Caribbean for April 20, 2019 is almost double that, although it comes out to $223.63 per person per day. For that matter, any balcony will be at least $800 more, or $174.88 per person per day. For that matter, a Havana Interior would still be $135.50 per person per day.

No thanks.

Early Saver is not much help since the Havana categories will typically sell out way in advance of the sailing.

Pricing isn't always that high. Just came off the Vista, Havana inside (5225) for $974 base rate ($121 a day). Our friends were in Havana Patio (5223) for $1,400 (175 a day). The Vista in general will be higher costs because of the demand for the ship, not just the Havana area. I originally had a PT cabin and the cost of that was $874 so it only went up $100 a person to go into the Havana.

What the heck is an "aft pool"? I sailed on the Fascination last year and only saw one pool smaller than most pools at a home back yard here in Puerto Rico!! Is the aft pool in the Fascination located in a "secret deck"?? Can we see it on the Behind the Fun tour??

All joking aside, this is nuts!! It's ok to have a "family-friendly" atmosphere on the ships but ADULTS pay for the cruise fare. I have no problem with kids in this type of scenario but, I do have a problem with adults that let children do whatever the heck they like just because "it's a ship, where could they possibly gonna go off to?". I have sailed on the Valor and Liberty and there were always lots of people using both pools. I don't see much logic on this change. I mean, I can see ships sailing from NY or anywhere north of Florida having issues with people NOT using the pools during the winter but on Caribbean sailings? C'mon.... They'll always use the pools in the Caribbean, no matter what season it is. Kids can already use the main pool and the waterpark. Keep the darned aft pools adults only! Carnival already makes it difficult enough by building pools for 60 people on ships with 2,500 passengers.

I totally agree. The adult only pools were always full if not in the water, in the chairs. I myself exercise in the pool and find it impossible with kids there. I do not like water splashed in my face and the kids always disregard the rules and jump in. Complaints to security falls on deaf ears. It's not that I don't like kids but when I am on vacation, I do not like being abused by unruly kids whose parents do not make them mind. We already travel when school is in session to minimize that situation. I thoroughly enjoy the peace and quiet of the adults only areas. Sorry Carnival but this will be a deal breaker for us.

Worse decision by Carnival ever!!! We are Diamond, have stayed loyal to Carnival, but this will cause us to stray. First NCL TA booked for next April. The aft adult pools were the one thing on Carnival they hadn't taken away that was very important to us. I realize that NCL does not have an adult pool, but since Carnival doesn't either now, time to stray!!

Pat

On Vista the actual serenity area is staying the same though?

Just aft pool is changing?

Vista is not affected by this change, only Splendor and the Conquest-class ships. This change does not affect Serenity on any ship, but most only two Serenity areas have pools (Pride, Sunshine), and several ships do not have hot tubs in their Serenity areas (which until October, includes the Conquest).

Sent from my eye phone using Forums FFS

Just off the Conquest April 1-9 sailing. The aft pool and both hot tubs on deck 9 are now open to children who are "accompanied by an adult".

Naturally kids were using the pool and the hot tubs. In the hot tubs the kids were alone, wearing snorkels and splashing away. Carnival employees did nothing.

We were told the change was made because there will be a serenity deck installed at the next dry dock. I wasn't happy at all

In addition 2 young couples thought nothing of immersing their diapered kids in the aft pool the 1st two sea days! UGH!!!

I don't like to "rock the boat" so to speak, but come on, do they have to deny the adults a pool where we can be free of kids splashing around and jumping in? I love kids as I have my own and don't have anything against them in general. It's just that it's nice to be able to get away from them all. That's one thing I loved about the Havana area on Vista. It doesn't cost Carnival anything to leave the pool as adults only so why did they have to mess with it?

Maybe Carnival forgets who actually pays the bill for the cruises. HINT: It's the adults, not the children. The "Beards" might do well to reconsider this change.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So does the Pride still have the adult pool?

Just got off a 2 week cruise on the Pride 2 weeks ago and the pool and area was still adults only and hopefully won't change that any time soon, since my daughter will be on it for her honeymoon. The area and the small pool were crowded for the 2 weeks. My daughter has her own children and also does day care so was looking forward to getting away from children. We do about half of our cruises on Carnival with the only reason being that it is the cheap alternative. Children overrun most of the rest of the ship so if there is no "safe" area for adaults then I can see us using Carnival a lot less if at all.

Edited by Penguin66