Would you rather spend the money to be in the Haven or spend it on another cruise?

morningstar4

We really did enjoy the Haven on the Getaway, but would rather cruise more often. If you do choose to try a Haven cruise I would strongly suggest you go on a ship with the whole Haven experience. The Haven restaurant and bar are excellent. We also enjoyed the private Haven decks.

Having said all of that, would much rather cruise more often. As we were enjoying the Haven experience we really didn't get out and do much else. We had been to those ports before so we just vegged out and didn't get off the ship. We had a wonderful Haven Spa suite and loved the jetted bath in the room plus spa access. Just made it to the spa a couple of times and that isn't exclusive to Haven.

And our butler wasn't much. Didn't meet him until the 3rd day and then only for a moment. Guess he had needier people to care for:confused: But we did love the Haven bar, restaurant and private decks. However, we couldn't ever get in the small Haven pools due to the number of children taking over that area. The upper private Haven decks were bliss.

We won't cruise the Haven again unless it's a bigger bargain than the starting bids we see on our current upgrade email offers. I like the exact cabins I have chosen and will enjoy them more often. We have been fortunate enough to start cruising 4 to 5 times a year while enjoying our retirement. If you can only cruise once a year or less, pick what will make you happy:cool:

We would rather pay more to avoid lines and have a stress free vacation. We both work very hard, and would rather have one week of great service, no lines, and get the reservations we want than have two weeks somewhere.

And we feel the same way!

Unless you've experienced the Haven before it's hard to explain. I do agree that if it's a port intensive cruise the Haven may not be the best bet. My wife and I cruise twice a year and could probably cruise 4 times a year if we were to book a balcony room. Once you've experienced all the perks of the Haven it's difficult to go back though. You'll get quite a variety of opinions on this topic pro and con but give it a try and you'll know for sure!

Either way, happy cruising!

Haven, for a few reasons:

1. We travel as a family and often with promotions, a haven suite isn't much more than 2 balcony cabins, which would be the bare minimum for us.

2. On Breakaway, we know we don't enjoy ourselves when we are not in the Haven, mainly due to crowds and disembarkation. Paying extra to make sure we have a good vacation experience from start to finish is worth it, as our vacation time is a premium.

3. We like being spoiled on vacation, and the Haven does a great job of meeting that goal!

If it were just DH and I, and we were retired, I don't know that we would splurge for the Haven as often, as we wouldn't be time-crunched and could travel more freely than we do now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cruise more often.

We're so low maintenance, it actually bothers us to have someone "wait upon" us. We're capable of making our own dining reservations (or eating in the MDR, if needed). We like seeing other people, so we don't need a dedicated restaurant. If we have to wait 5-10 minutes for a table at a restaurant, we're comfortable with our own company to handle that. I'm fat, and if I don't get chocolate-covered strawberries or M&Ms every afternoon, it's no great loss. The perks would be wasted on us.

I will say the only thing that might make us consider a Haven room would be if the Haven area were kid-free, and I'm not even convinced of that.

For us, the getting away is the vacation; maybe we're just not pamperable!

--Michael

The limiting resource in my life right now is time, not money. Working full time with 3 kids, when I go on vacation I want to relax as much as possible and have extra amenities. Especially since my youngest is only 1.5, having extra services go a long way to helping me decompress. Definitely 1 Have cruise over 2 regular cruises for us.

I am way too poor to ever afford the Haven. Those of you that do get it, I am very jealous. I struggle paying for the cost of a balcony. My husband and I can only afford a cruise every other year so nothing more than balcony for us. I'll live vicariously through you Haveners.

Cruise more often.

We're so low maintenance, it actually bothers us to have someone "wait upon" us. We're capable of making our own dining reservations (or eating in the MDR, if needed). We like seeing other people, so we don't need a dedicated restaurant. If we have to wait 5-10 minutes for a table at a restaurant, we're comfortable with our own company to handle that. I'm fat, and if I don't get chocolate-covered strawberries or M&Ms every afternoon, it's no great loss. The perks would be wasted on us.

I will say the only thing that might make us consider a Haven room would be if the Haven area were kid-free, and I'm not even convinced of that.

--Michael

You have echoed my sentiments exactly.

Cruise more often.

--Michael

You sound like us! It would creep me out a little having a stranger hanging around to wait on me, and we love each other's company. I hope we get to cruise with people like you!

I have a bid in on the Haven because so many people rave about it, but I can't help thinking that the money spent on the Haven is not far off from the cost of another cruise. What makes you bid on/book the Haven over booking a longer cruise or another cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

on another cruise. :D, but like my father would say, do whatever is good for you.:cool:

We've booked the Haven for the first time (though we've had suites before). For our trip with the 3rd and 4th guests free, the Haven was BARELY more expensive than 2 balconies.

With a deal like that, enjoy the Haven! With the additional perks, it's a no-brainer if the cost for 4 of you is that close to the price of two cabins.

Enjoy:D

For us the value of the suites or Haven is just not there. We did a suite in 2015 and it was a nice room but I did not use the services or "perks" that are given. Did not care about snacks on the table when I got back to the room, the special coffee maker stinks (prefer the smaller 4 cup coffee maker in the other rooms). I had been so excited to be in a suite and was very much disappointed. Not worth it. That said, if I get a super great deal, i will take it just to have a larger room.

Which ever you choose, pick what works for you not what is best for someone else. That is the great thing about NCL, there is something for everyone

Definitely the Haven. For our first cruise in March, the H2 owners suite was only 700 more than 2 balconies. We loved it. From the second we got to skip the line to get on the ship, to the priority elevator to get off the ship, we were spoiled, pampered, and made to feel so special. I could never see not booking the Haven going forward. I would constantly be looking at the Haven area knowing what I could be experiencing. I'd personally rather not go on the cruise if I didn't book the Haven. That's how much we loved it! I value the quality of the experiences versus the quantity of them. But everyone is different, thank goodness, or the prices of the Haven would rise significantly!

I have been in the Haven on 4 NCL ships, and a regular suite on one.

The Haven is great a) for very cold weather cruises as the retractable roof over the pool area makes this the only pool deck usable during your cruise, b) for hot weather, as the Haven pool and sun decks are much less crowded and in my experience, chair hogging doesn't occur as it isn't needed, c) cruises with a lot of sea days so you can have a place right outside your cabin to relax.

You sound like us! It would creep me out a little having a stranger hanging around to wait on me, and we love each other's company. I hope we get to cruise with people like you!

LOL. I have images of the Dudley Moore movie, Arthur"! Believe me, it's not at all like that!

I have been in both regular balconies and the Haven. Our first NCL cruise was a Haven Spa Suite. I had read the reviews about the mega ships and feared the long lines and overcrowded areas. The next year we booked the same room because we enjoyed the experience so much! Subsequently, I have been in a regular balcony on the Sky (it was a free promo for booking the Haven Suite) and a regular balcony on a Jade Mediterranean cruise. I've loved each experience. Like others here (with the exception of the complimentary Sky cruise) we take one big trip a year. We work hard and save our

money. After sending two kids through college and graduate school, we like to make it a good one! :D

We have an H4 booked for this fall. This time we are treating our adult (20 something) children! They live in different States now and have to pay their own airfare;p and hopefully bring plenty of spending money!

I've never cruises the haven, and since we never book more than 2 people per room, the cost difference doesn't make sense for us. But just in terms of travel style, we do a bit of both. We take 1-2 vacations per year and splurge when it's a once and a lifetime trip and costs are incredibly high either way (did that on a trip to Tanzania) and save by booking insides to balconies on the more routine trips (i.e. Caribbean cruise).