Royal Princess to move to California?

cruzrbachoua

Just got off the Star's 10 day California Coastal. When it comes to port facilities in CA, from what I've seen, the Pier 27 facility in San Francisco is much nicer and much newer than San Pedro. Since we went through both facilities multiple times during port days, I have to say I much prefer the San Francisco port over San Pedro. Not only does the port building at San Pedro look like it hasn't been upgraded since the last episode of the Love Boat was filmed, there is virtually nothing in an easy walking distance form the port facility which is particularly tourist friendly. We had to purchase excursions or hire a cab to do anything in LA. San Francisco was entirely different. The moment you stepped out of the new and striking port facility you have plenty to do within walking distance, and a Muni ticket in hand you had the whole city available to you.

I can see San Pedro being a fine embarkation port, but as an excursion port it leave a lot to be desired. San Francisco might not be everyone's favorite home port, but its facilities and proximity to things to do, is so much better than San Pedro.

Could not agree more... San Francisco is a destination with lots to offer.

Celebrity and RCL still do them.

Thank you so much for this information. Just looked and we will be on Celebrity next spring for Hawaii. Love Celebrity and we are Elite. Three cruises with RCI and will never do that cruise line again.

There is a web site that has a full spread sheet schedule for all the Princess ships (although currently not up to date) but we can't mention that site here. :D

How up to date is it? Can you email me the site? But in the past there were folks who would post the spreadsheet of the upcoming schedules that were about to be released. I saw one posted for the ones that opened december of last year but nothing for these ones to be opening supposedly 4/26 or 4/27...:confused:

How up to date is it? Can you email me the site? But in the past there were folks who would post the spreadsheet of the upcoming schedules that were about to be released. I saw one posted for the ones that opened december of last year but nothing for these ones to be opening supposedly 4/26 or 4/27...:confused:

It only goes out to April 2018 but is currently being updated.

It only goes out to April 2018 but is currently being updated.

Its as up to date as I can make it, with a little speculation on future ports.

Still waiting for the Princess site to be updated so that Majestic, and now these itineraries can be added to the spreadsheet.

Give me about a week after the Princess website is updated....

Still waiting for the Princess site to be updated so that Majestic, and now these itineraries can be added to the spreadsheet.

No worries...there must be some update out there as Chyerlandtk have some pretty specific info. Coral used to post a spreadsheet about a couple weeks to a week before princess opened the sailings on their site but she said she had not been able to get them. I guess some TAs share this info with their clients..mine however wont. Not sure if it is because he is with a big company and fears retribution or because he does more than cruises he may not get the advance info...who knows...just got so use to Coral and others posting that spreadsheet of just the new sailings ...lol.

My main interest is the future Royal Princess itinerary. I'm curious to see what ships will still be in the Caribbean for 10 day trips. Maybe they have the Regal doing 10 days?

Spoke to my travel agent, she does not have the schedule yet as her Business Development Manager is not allowed to share with TA's yet. She did share that the 2018-19 schedule goes on sale on 5/18.

Steve...interesting as CC stated this:

Majestic Princess' Australian itineraries, along with the line's entire 2018/19 season will go on sale to the public on 27 April 2017.

And another poster said they received an email that stated 4/26, and now we here 5/18....lol I wonder which it could be.

Steve...interesting as CC stated this:

Majestic Princess' Australian itineraries, along with the line's entire 2018/19 season will go on sale to the public on 27 April 2017.

And another poster said they received an email that stated 4/26, and now we here 5/18....lol I wonder which it could be.

Here's a quote from a Princess marketing email my TA received and 4/26 1600 PDT is 4/27 0900 in Sydney.

So apparently the AUS/NZ itineraries will be available sooner than 5/18 but we'll soon know if the earlier date is accurate. I tend to believe a written statement from Princess than a verbal statement. ;)

We are pleased to announce the 2018 – 2019 Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific Program which opens for booking and securing group allocations

So the princess site has not been updated, but another commercial site has been - but we can't mention the name.

So I updated the unofficial princess schedule and sent it in to another site, which can't be named either, with updates on Sea, Sun, Diamond, Majestic and Golden - mainly for the AUS/Asian seasons to 2019 - but there was nothing past the present Princess schedule for the Royal.

Some really neat itineraries in Japan and Australia out to 2019 for sure.

Here's a quote from a Princess marketing email my TA received and 4/26 1600 PDT is 4/27 0900 in Sydney.

So apparently the AUS/NZ itineraries will be available sooner than 5/18 but we'll soon know if the earlier date is accurate. I tend to believe a written statement from Princess than a verbal statement. ;)

We are pleased to announce the 2018 – 2019 Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific Program which opens for booking and securing group allocations

We received the same schedule from our TA yesterday for the 2018 and 2019 season. It shows tomorrow April 26th as the day they go on sale. Makes me want to consider traveling to Australia and New Zealand now that the Majestic will be sailing there.

I miss having the cruise spreadsheets pasted on CC. I used to have a TA friend that could also send me links but the firm she worked for went out of business.

I am interested in potential future Trans Pacifics on the Golden if she will be splitting her time between Alaska and Australia.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by IECalCruiser

So tomorrow we can see it on princess.com? If not can any one Emil the sight please? I'm interested we cruise round trip California. Thanks so much

I may have created confusion posting information about the AUS/NZ cruises in 2018/2019 which included the new Majestic Princess. My post was in reply to this thread evolving to questions about those cruises in addition to the Royal's move to the West Coast.

Thus tomorrow is the date the AUS/NZ cruises are scheduled to be released. I'd have to reread this thread again but the information on the Royal's future schedule release has not happened yet. One post stated the information they received had the 2018/2019 schedules being available on 5/18.

Until then I occasionally check the Princess website to discover when the Royal's schedule for sailing from the West Coast is revealed.

We received the same schedule from our TA yesterday for the 2018 and 2019 season. It shows tomorrow April 26th as the day they go on sale. Makes me want to consider traveling to Australia and New Zealand now that the Majestic will be sailing there.

Glad that the Majestic is a reason for you to consider a cruise Downunder; for me it's just the opposite. ;)

I miss having the cruise spreadsheets pasted on CC. I used to have a TA friend that could also send me links but the firm she worked for went out of business.

I am interested in potential future Trans Pacifics on the Golden if she will be splitting her time between Alaska and Australia.

I'm interested in that cruise and hopefully the around Japan before it if it's similar to 2018.

Maybe we'll meet on board.

Cynthia

The Golden is sailing 9/23/18 from LA to Sydney, 28 days. She's then sailing a 3-day from Sydney to Melbourne on 10/22/18. She'll be based in Melbourne and sail Australia/NZ cruises, both long and short (3-4 day cruises so our Australian friends can take advantage of short cruises.) She sails back to LA on 4/8/19. Nothing after that as it'll be May 2019.

The Golden is sailing 9/23/18 from LA to Sydney, 28 days. She's then sailing a 3-day from Sydney to Melbourne on 10/22/18. She'll be based in Melbourne and sail Australia/NZ cruises, both long and short (3-4 day cruises so our Australian friends can take advantage of short cruises.) She sails back to LA on 4/8/19. Nothing after that as it'll be May 2019.
Pam, Thanks for the info [emoji846] I prefer the westbound sailing. Any idea when the Golden's cruises will go on sale?

I may have created confusion posting information about the AUS/NZ cruises in 2018/2019 which included the new Majestic Princess. My post was in reply to this thread evolving to questions about those cruises in addition to the Royal's move to the West Coast.

Thus tomorrow is the date the AUS/NZ cruises are scheduled to be released. I'd have to reread this thread again but the information on the Royal's future schedule release has not happened yet. One post stated the information they received had the 2018/2019 schedules being available on 5/18.

Until then I occasionally check the Princess website to discover when the Royal's schedule for sailing from the West Coast is revealed.

On the CC news page it said that princess will release the rest of 2018/2019 at the same time the AUS/NZ sailings...but then others have been told by TAs that the rest of the schedule wont be out tol May...I guess we will all keep checking.

And I agree, i miss the spreadsheet that used to be posted.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app