Royal Princess to move to California?

cruzrbachoua

Just heard from a friend that it was posted on some media thread that Royal Princess is being moved to California? Anyone heard about this or have more info?:D

I just searched all the Royal cruises from the present through Nov., 2018 and the were all in the Caribbean or out of FLH except for 1 or 2 between NYC and Quebec City.

Tom

Tom move not supposed to be until March 2019.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

The Royal's schedule is only currently available until October 2018 and eventually we'll learn the future destinations beginning with winter 2018/2019...maybe the Caribbean or West Coast cruises to Hawaii, Coastal & Mexico cruises.

After a fall 2018 season of sailing NE/Canada cruises the schedule ends in Ft Lauderdale. She could go to the Caribbean or transit via the Panama Canal (have read conflicting opinions about it being possible) or sail around South America to the West Coast. I'm being selfish & hope the Royal goes to the West Coast and is homeported in LA so I can drive to the ship. :p

Edited by Astro Flyer

I just talked to my travel agent, and their info shows the Royal staying in the Caribbean through the end of January, 2019. Then it disappears until March, when it shows up in Mexico. So we've narrowed down the timeframe from Caribbean to the west coast, but not how it repositions.

Lynn

I just talked to my travel agent, and their info shows the Royal staying in the Caribbean through the end of January, 2019. Then it disappears until March, when it shows up in Mexico. So we've narrowed down the timeframe from Caribbean to the west coast, but not how it repositions.

Lynn

Thanks for the update & checked an unofficial but generally accurate website for Princess ships maintenance & drydocks.

https://sites.google.com/site/princesscruisesfaq/ships/fleet-drydock-schedule

Having a 12-day drydock in late September 2016 that probably isn't a reason for some of that gap which isn't on that website.

Could it be possible that it might homeport in Long Beach and not San Pedro since that Long Beach terminal is being redone for bigger ships?

Could be kinda forgot about that one since I think/thought I was used strictly by carnival. Hey and they have the queen mary as a hotel for guests flying in...could then just walk on over to terminal......but if memory serves no other food or shopping unless one has a car.

Could it be possible that it might homeport in Long Beach and not San Pedro since that Long Beach terminal is being redone for bigger ships?

Yes LA or LB not Frisco. ;)

Of course edited to add San Diego!

Edited by Colo Cruiser

The Royal's schedule is only currently available until October 2018 and eventually we'll learn the future destinations beginning with winter 2018/2019...maybe the Caribbean or West Coast cruises to Hawaii, Coastal & Mexico cruises.

After a fall 2018 season of sailing NE/Canada cruises the schedule ends in Ft Lauderdale. She could go to the Caribbean or transit via the Panama Canal (have read conflicting opinions about it being possible) or sail around South America to the West Coast. I'm being selfish & hope the Royal goes to the West Coast and is homeported in LA so I can drive to the ship. :p

I would wager that she is going to do the South America run and then head to the West Coast and then Alaska.

Yes LA or LB not Frisco. ;)

Frisco?

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AwrSbgmicPZYLK0ArMHBGOd_;_ylu=X3oDMTByM3V1YTVuBGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMzBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--?qid=20090501114124AAF9IyU&p=dont%20call%20san%20Francisco%20frisco

Enjoy your cruise, and if God wills, grant you continued good health to live and not die before your next cruise.

Hook line and sinker. That didn't take long. :halo:

Of course! I edited my response.

:cool: Although before this news came out I was showing DH possible MR cruises for us in 2019 so now I have him hooked on a 10 day out of SFO....so now he says I want 10 day no matter what princess ship. sigh...guess no matter where she is put I hope she does a 10 day...wonder what other ports we could pick up if she could do a 10 day out of SD....?

Could be kinda forgot about that one since I think/thought I was used strictly by carnival. Hey and they have the queen mary as a hotel for guests flying in...could then just walk on over to terminal......but if memory serves no other food or shopping unless one has a car.

FYI, there is a free bus called Passport the goes between the Queen Mary, around downtown Long Beach and Shoreline Village. Plenty of restaurants! I believe it runs every 15-20 minutes.

FYI, there is a free bus called Passport the goes between the Queen Mary, around downtown Long Beach and Shoreline Village. Plenty of restaurants! I believe it runs every 15-20 minutes.

Which airport do you fly into to get to the Long Beach cruise port? Is it a short cab or Uber ride to the port? Scheduled shuttle bus services available?

Thank you.

Which airport do you fly into to get to the Long Beach cruise port? Is it a short cab or Uber ride to the port? Princess or Shuttle bus services available?

Thank you.

LGB (Long Beach Airport).

Yes it's a short 15-20 minute ride.

About $20 by Uber.

About 10 minutes further to San Pedro.

Good to know. We only visited the Queen Mary and waived at a Carnival ship that left while we were there, never stayed the night.

John Wayne Airport (Orange County, SNA airport code) is also fairly close and may have more flights than Long Beach. LAX isn't really that far, but both Long Beach and John Wayne are much easier to navigate.

Lynn does you TA have any other info...like possible homeport or the type of itinerary...7 day 10 day?

Sorry, I didn't ask. We are interested in a full transit through the new locks (Panama Canal). Since she was looking at the soon-to-be-released cruises for 'The Americas', I tend to agree that the repositioning will probably be 1 or more South America cruises. :(

Lynn

Sorry, I didn't ask. We are interested in a full transit through the new locks (Panama Canal). Since she was looking at the soon-to-be-released cruises for 'The Americas', I tend to agree that the repositioning will probably be 1 or more South America cruises. :(

Lynn

Oh did she tell you when they are to be released? Normally there was someone on CC that would post the spreadsheet they got from their TA...but perhaps they got in trouble as the last release they didn't have the info...

Keep in mind that LB is Carnival, LA/San Pedro is Princess, SFO is Princess, San Diego is HAL