What's the most useful thing you pack?

God. I'm 44 and bringing a 3.5 year old. It was the FIRST thing I packed. And I'm betting it won't be used. (Too tired. Not in the mood. Kid being a PIA....).

:-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm 15 years older, I had e snip years ago, Mrs Gut needed a hysterectomy a few tears back, doesn't mean we don't enjoy the game, just no surprises any more😡😡

I'm 15 years older, I had e snip years ago, Mrs Gut needed a hysterectomy a few tears back, doesn't mean we don't enjoy the game, just no surprises any more[emoji35][emoji35]

Good for you! I don't even enjoy the game. Too tired. :-(. :-). When my son stops being a tyrant, then I'm sure the love will return!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wire hangers- I save the ones I get from the dry cleaners, take them onboard, and leave them behind when I disembark. There are never enough hangers.

The only time I didn't have enough, I asked the Steward and ended up with waaaaaay too many.

ALL travel related documentation, PRINTED, backup pdfs in your devices and cloud:

- Reservation.

- Itinerary.

- TA Contact.

- Perks detailed: On-board credit, beverage packages, upgrades, specialty restaurants, shows, tours.

- Invoices and payment confirmation.

- Travel Insurance contract, terms, and conditions.

- Embassy and consulate contacts in EVERY port of call.

- And emergency contacts: credit card security, concierge, travel insurance hot line for EVERY port of call.

And yes, I always bring TWO FedEx envelopes packed with all that.

LED tea light for the bathroom at night

I brought six of these on my first cruise and loved them for ambiance at night. I set up three in the bedroom and three in the bathroom.

As some mentioned in posts above, I also appreciated having:

Pop-up hamper

Towel clips to clip wet clothes and water shoes to balcony chairs for drying

$300 in small bills for tips and small purchases on shore ($100 each 1s, 5s, 10s)

Post-it notes and pen

A highlighter for cruise compasses

Strong magnetic hooks to hang bathrobes, and lanyards on

Waterproof lanyard to carry Sea Pass and to carry a few bucks for around the ship and on beach days

Hanging toiletries bag for bathroom with own shampoo, conditioner, bar soap, etc.

USB charging hub

Binoculars for mornings on my balcony with my coffee

My kindle for alone time on my balcony

My own hair dryer

Packing cubes (made organization and unpacking super easy)

A few small garbage bags to pack dirty clothes in for return trip

Just back from our sailing (2 adults, 2 kids 4 & 7) and these were the 2 most useful items for us.

1) Ozark travel mug- used on our shore trips; we filled it with ice and water at the Windjammer. It stayed cold, kept us hydrated and saved us several dollars on overpriced water bottles ac52be9ac167cba9f3781f0003f5ae82.jpg

2) Large tote bag- I grabbed this as I walked out the door of our house, just in case. It ended up being a lifesaver. At embarkation to hold all the last minute odds and ends (sunglasses, jackets, etc), on sea days/ beach days to hold change of clothes, towels, pool/beach toys, sunscreen and other items. At disembarkation to hold previous night clothing, toiletries and other odds and ends remaining after sending our bags the night before.

aa7fc9d827eb78c908fdf18100d55d00.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most already said

Boca clips ( have a bunch since we have a pool) , 2 good bottles of wine. at least 50 in singles and 50 in 5's, of course credit card . passport . printed set sail pass, cash, Tux, crocs ( not to wear with tux) , wife