What's the most useful thing you pack?

That's because you only bring the finest new bills!! :cool:

Actually, we need to wrinkle them up a bit, they tend to stick together. BTW, those are for Laura's 7 day Rhapsody on Saturday. I'll need to get some more for our two week crossing at the end of the month

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Actually, we need to wrinkle them up a bit, they tend to stick together. BTW, those are for Laura's 7 day Rhapsody on Saturday. I'll need to get some more for our two week crossing at the end of the month

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I hear ya....it's a whole lot more convenient to bring them on board in advance, rather than

CS desk telling you they don't have enough to change a 20.00 bill (happened to me twice, so

I learned). I always go to the bank and pick up a pack or two before a cruise now. :)

Have a fantabulous time on your crossing cruise! :D

I brought Poopouri on a cruise but found that it did not work due to the nature of ship toilets. They don't have water in them to float the essential oils.

The travel size Febreze air freshener worked better on the ship.

Mine all Have had water in them.... what do your's have?? Po pouri works in any toilet even on the "out house" styles at fairs..

My medications! So old now that I take several. Golden years, bah!

Hair dryer, own shampoo/conditioner. I put it in small travel bottles with screw tops so I can put it in my luggage. (in plastic bags).

Curling iron for when I have time to fix hair and a wig for when I don't.

Magnetic clips for hanging notes on the wall/door, etc. The walls are all metal.

Febreeze, night light for bathroom.

Copy of passport and I.D. and originals.

Had a very bad experience in 2008 when DH & I forgot our passports. Lucky for us we arrived a day early and our intrepid TA Fed-Ex'd them to us at our hotel.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=711800

Edited by shofer

Because airlines loose luggage all the time and I have been with passengers on cruises (14+ days) where their bags never did make it to them..... I pack my Airline carry on as if I will never see my checked luggage. Enough to get me thru, a nice outfit, a couple of shore/excursion outfits, undies & extra shoes. I know that if the worst happens I won't stress near as much. Because I am only 5'0" tall if I stand up real straight and on the roundish ;) size I can't just run into a store and expect to be able to buy clothes. So my most important thing to take is a carefully packed carry on and a sense of adventure no matter what!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Zip lock bags, boca clips, large beach bag with pockets (hard to find these days), kindle, vacation vault. Any promise from the cruise line in terms of obc, shore excursions, wine waiting for us, etc. I always ask for an email confirmation and bring copies in case we were supposed to get something that we didn't, I have the email as proof.

The pop-up mesh hamper has been with us on every cruise. Got the idea from this site. It stows easily in the closet and when the bag of laundry special comes around I can just grab the hamper and pull out what I need to send out.

Make sure you bring something to write with. I don't believe they put pens in the desk drawer now.

I have a cloth case for money, passports essential documents, etc. Had like 5 pens in there and took them all out because I figured I would just get one on board-there is always one in the stateroom. Wrong! First RCI cruise on Anthem 4/2/17 and no pen. Had to ask cabin steward for one. He explained that RCI no longer does the "pen" program. Bring a pen and I like the idea of a highlighter for things on the cruise compass-will make this a staple for our future cruises.

I had a good laugh reading through all of these posts. DH always accuses me of bringing everything including the kitchen sink! But you never know if you are going to need something and not be able to get it. I broke my foot in Barcelona and ran out of Advil on the last sea-day and had to buy some on the ship. What a rip-off that was.

I did my first ever cruise in March on Freedom. I scoured these message boards for the best suggestions and here are the ones I found most useful:

Magnets and Heavy duty magnet hooks. We hung the daily cruise compass with magnets and used the hooks for towels and all kinds of things.

Poo Pouri. Those bathrooms are tiny and not well ventilated. A nose saver for sure.

Travel size shampoo and conditioner in our favorite brand. The liquid soap and bar soap was okay but as shampoo? No Way.

Boca Clips. It was hugely windy and if you wanted towels to stay put it was the only way.

A change of swimsuit. The suits did not dry overnight.

The over door shoe bag stayed in the suitcase. There was plenty of storage in our cabin for everything we needed to put away.

I didn't bring a portable hamper because we just used a laundry bag.

Cash in small bills. 100 each of 1s, 5s and 10s. and envelopes to put it in. A pen of course.

The best tips were what I didn't bring. No Laptop (brought he ipad mini), No large bills (brought my credit card), no power strip (the ship confiscated them), no formal wear (we were able to put together pieces of "travel rated" clothes into formal looking outfits).

We've pared down our packing list considerably over the years, but still won't cruise without a small roll of Duct Tape. Someone asked 'why?'....as others have stated, we've used it to repair a suitcase zipper on one and tape over a gash in the side of another. More frequently, we've used it in high sea conditions - tape loose hangers together in the closet so they don't bang together, and to tape drawers and doors shut when they bang back & forth due to the ship's rocking & rolling. We even used it once or twice to seal shut those free "all the laundry you can fit in a bag" offers - managed to get an unbelievable amount into those bags! It also came in handy when the hem ripped loose on a pants leg.

Hi. I'm slowly putting things aside to pack - and thanks to this board, I've learned to bring things like a power strip, maybe a few clothes pins, and a spray bottle to spray clothes to help wrinkles fall out. What are your "must bring" items? Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Some cruisers swear by over-the-door organizers , popup hampers, alarm clock but we have never found a need for those. After our first cruise I made sure I packed Meclazine (generic bonine), aspirin, Imodium, cough drops, and a few other OTC. Those items are extremely expensive in the ship stores. Also, if you need any of them late at night you're out of luck if you didn't bring your own.

And bring LOTS of sunscreen regardless of destination.

Cloudy days, windburn, etc can also cause skin irritation.