Sea Witch Beer

westcliffo

HI:

In March we sailed on the Royal Princess. Although Sea Witch beer was advertised there was none on board. I received a phone call from Princess the other evening and was told that Sea Witch is no longer carried.

Does anyone know if they have replaced it with any other micro-brewery?

Thank you.

HI:

In March we sailed on the Royal Princess. Although Sea Witch beer was advertised there was none on board. I received a phone call from Princess the other evening and was told that Sea Witch is no longer carried.

Does anyone know if they have replaced it with any other micro-brewery?

Thank you.

I don't like any IPA but did enjoy their Blonde brew on the Star in January.

Previously it wasn't an option when exchanging my elite minibar booze for beer but it was available on that cruise. That's an indication to me that they were getting rid of their Sea Witch inventory & the information you received confirms my thoughts.

Edited by Astro Flyer

IPA is my favorite type of beer as I live the hoppy flavor. SeaWitch was a good IPA and I will miss it. I really don't like the tasteless beers that they usually hawk to their pax. It will hold down my bar bill however as I refuse to drink the tasteless liquid they laughingly call beer.

IPA is my favorite type of beer as I live the hoppy flavor. SeaWitch was a good IPA and I will miss it. I really don't like the tasteless beers that they usually hawk to their pax. It will hold down my bar bill however as I refuse to drink the tasteless liquid they laughingly call beer.

Terrible nasty tasting beer. I have travelled to many places in the world and tasted many brands of beer and this is without a doubt the worst I ever tasted.

Guess like so many other things...taste is subjective & there's rarely a consensus about what tastes best. ;)

I agree! No, it wasn't the best I have known, but it was better than any other beer on board. (except for Alaskan Amber on the Alaska cruises!)

Guess like so many other things...taste is subjective & there's rarely a consensus about what tastes best. ;)

Agreed that is why these types of forums are so great. Differing opinion show that.

My pool pal Hanson,

How come you use to buy them by the bucket at the pool then :D :D.

Tony

Not me sir! It was Dos Equus for me, but as I don't drink anymore, I don't have a problem with different beers;p;p Leaves me with a clear head to collect the rents!

I thought it was nice. Much better than Bud / Bud Lite rubbish they have as an alternative. It's not currently available on the Majestic despite being listed in the drinks menu.

Hopefully something else will replace it as the beer selection on Princess is pretty dire.

Well said Satxdiver!

An honest question.

What's the difference between a beer lover and a beer snob?

There's got to be a great one line answer.

Cheers (with whatever you choose)

Not a one-liner, but a good discussion of what the difference is...

http://www.primermagazine.com/2009/live/beer-lover-beer-snob

For the record, I thought the Seawitch IPA was okay, the Denali Red was excellent and the Blonde was very good.

• 1 month later...
...For the record, I thought the Seawitch IPA was okay, the Denali Red was excellent and the Blonde was very good.

Agreed that the Denali Red was the best and always try to find it on every cruise. The Blonde was my second choice. If you didn't try the Denali Red you missed out on a great beer.