Tips and what not to miss on Silhouette

sakigemcam

Greetings!

We've booked our first Celebrity cruise after many on RCCL. Time to branch out.:cool:

What are the not to miss things on Silhouette? Secret passageways, viewing spots, quiet spots away from PEOPLE, foods to look for, tips to avoid lines and waits, favorite foods and drinks, dining tips, etc., etc.

Our cruise is close to a year away but I want to spend that time learning whatever I can.

TIA! :D

There is alot to like about Silhouette. Hiighlights for us are the Silent Disco held by the Martini Bar and the specialty restaurant Murano. Murano is outstanding on this ship. Another tip is the hard ice cream stand in the buffet area. The ice cream is tops.

Try the MDR for lunch on a sea day. You will not be disappointed.

Head up to the Sky Lounge for great views and quiet private time during the day.

Greetings!

We've booked our first Celebrity cruise after many on RCCL. Time to branch out.:cool:

What are the not to miss things on Silhouette? Secret passageways, viewing spots, quiet spots away from PEOPLE, foods to look for, tips to avoid lines and waits, favorite foods and drinks, dining tips, etc., etc.

Our cruise is close to a year away but I want to spend that time learning whatever I can.

TIA! :D

Welcome to Celebrity!

Have you joined your roll call? Its a specific thread for those of you on the specific sailing/ship/date you are going on. Thats a place I LOVE. Try looking for it and asking this question there as well.

I'm a avid Celeb guest, but have only sailed on the smaller ships until Silouhette in May. Otherwise I'd totally help you.

But just wanted you to not miss the cool roll call! Have fun!

Don't miss eating dinner in the restaurant overlooking the lawn. It is located where the glass blowing area is on Equinox, Eclipse and Solstice. The food is delicious and different from other premium restaurants. We ate there on the first night of our cruise and they gave us a discount to come back again which we happily did. We really enjoyed both meals. I do advise eating there after dark so it will be cooler.

Lunch and/or dinner(preferably dinner) at the lawn club grill is really good. Go hungry!

Cellar masters is really nice too if you want a quiet evening in what feels like a lodge. It was one of the best places to reflect on the day other than your balcony.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

We just completed a 7N western Caribbean cruise on this lovely ship (FIRST cruise ever celebrating our 30th wedding anniv).

Tips on the ship:

A. DO NOT miss the Silent Disco.

B. The Hide-A-Way has great, quirky seating.

C. Eat at the speciality restaurant Qsine; great experience. BUT go hungry; don't eat for at least 4 hours prior!

D. Cafe al Bacio for specialty coffees (included in Classic drink pkg).

E. See as many production shows in the Theatre as possible. Tenors Of Rock performed on our cruise and were excellent. The production shows 'Cosmopolitan' and 'Life' were outstanding.

F. Go to the game shows and trivia challenges. Giuseppe, a host for many of them, is super fun!

G. Cruise director, Sara, is superb. When we met her for the very first time, she gave us big meeting & departing hugs and thanked us sincerely for cruising on the Silhouette. Was not expecting that!

H. Bridge crew is very approachable and friendly.

I. Captain is a total hoot! Don't miss his PA announcements; you will laugh for sure.

We found it a bit tough to just relax and veg out as there were so many activities to do on board! I'm paying for it now that I'm home. [emoji6] But, a very fun vacation and one we will definitely do again! You will love it.

Lisa[emoji68]🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Another recommendation for the Lawn Club Grill, best restaurant at sea IMO. Also recommend the Hideaway where there is coffee all day. Our cabin was just outside of that area. We also found a beautiful area to sit outside the art studio on one of the top decks. I don't think the studio is there any more, so the room may be called something else and you may have difficulty finding this sitting area. We never saw anyone there but it was so peaceful and beautiful.

In Cafe al Baccio, you can get the pastries and cakes etc for free without buying any coffee/tea if you don't have the drink pkg.

C. Eat at the speciality restaurant Qsine; great experience. BUT go hungry; don't eat for at least 4 hours prior!

That was one of the best meal we had on our vacations. It is just so much fun especially with a big group. You want to try all the dishes but in the end you did less than half. On the first sea day, the captain and head chef have a kitchen tour with Q&A. It was really great and you learn a lot about how the ship operates. At the end of the tour, the specialty restaurants give special discount and showcase.

Again, these are so appreciated! We are able to eat very healthy on the larger Royal ships. Do you feel there are the same options on Silhouette? I know I'll miss the walking distances but at least there are still plenty of stairs, and of course, the gym. We love breakfast in the Solarium on Allure, for example - healthy choices and you still feel pampered bc you don't have to cook!

Again, these are so appreciated! We are able to eat very healthy on the larger Royal ships. Do you feel there are the same options on Silhouette? I know I'll miss the walking distances but at least there are still plenty of stairs, and of course, the gym. We love breakfast in the Solarium on Allure, for example - healthy choices and you still feel pampered bc you don't have to cook!

By the solarium, there is a cafe called Spa Cafe (I think they have dropped the Aqua in front of Spa, as many thought it was just for Aqua class people). It is for all and is free except for the smoothies they make there. It is lighter fare and we find it a great place to go on embarkation day as it is quiet. You can also order from the small menu, cooked to order dishes which are lovely. It is open for breakfast and lunch. Lunch closes at 2:30 PM.

On the Silhouette (and others in this ship class), there is a restaurant called Blu which has many healthy menu choices and tends to cater to the spa cruisers. It's a free restaurant to Aqua class and higher staterooms (Aqua is an upgraded balcony and higher would be the suites). There are many great reviews of this restaurant on different forums. Unfortunately, I never got there with all the other choices! Next time ...

Lisa[emoji68]🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you have it in your budget, the alcoves are nice. On the lawn, with a waiter to bring drinks. They come with a fruit tray and cheese tray, and you can order a picnic lunch or bring up food from the buffet.

Our favorite restaurant is the Lawn Club Grill. Go hungry!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

If you're looking for some awesome burgers and fries, skip the buffet and head to the Mast Grill. They serve up some amazingly fresh burgers (beef, turkey and vegetarian) and fries. Absolutely perfect in between meals and with a great view. Also agree with Lisa, the hideaway has some cosy seating, and the library is picturesque, always got some amazing pictures here. The Silhouette and her crew are absolutely awesome. She got us hooked onto Celebrity (from Royal Caribbean) and if it wasn't for the Oasis/ Quantum class, we'd only sail on Celebrity and her S class ships.

She got us hooked onto Celebrity (from Royal Caribbean) and if it wasn't for the Oasis/ Quantum class, we'd only sail on Celebrity and her S class ships.

That may be us - there are so many things we like about Oasis class and we have the ability to ignore the other 6000 passengers onboard. If I can handle the smaller size of these ships (I do wear a patch but still am nervous), we may be an Oasis/Celebrity family!

Now all this talk of restaurants has made me super hungry.

Any strategies to avoid waits when tendering, etc?

On Silhouette go to Cellar Masters for a great selection of craft beers- best on the ship.

Will for sure find it and try! We sail on her in January and we are ready 7 months early!

What were a couple of your favorite beers? Did you try any you had never tried before? That is what I am planning since we are on the Premium Drink Package.

If you're looking for some awesome burgers and fries, skip the buffet and head to the Mast Grill. They serve up some amazingly fresh burgers (beef, turkey and vegetarian) and fries. Absolutely perfect in between meals and with a great view. Also agree with Lisa, the hideaway has some cosy seating, and the library is picturesque, always got some amazing pictures here. The Silhouette and her crew are absolutely awesome. She got us hooked onto Celebrity (from Royal Caribbean) and if it wasn't for the Oasis/ Quantum class, we'd only sail on Celebrity and her S class ships.

The burgers are frozen but taste pretty good --especially with grilled onions, grilled mushrooms, buttered rolls and other fixins. The crew is very friendly and we loved the ship. We did not feel crowded on our cruise.

• 2 weeks later...