Confusion with lotus pool

Travelbug1978

Nope. The Coral does not now, nor never has had an Aft Pool. You are thinking of the ships like the Crown where it is on Deck 14. Those are Aft pools that are Adult only.

There is a small pool that I think is now part of the sanctuary.

This is different then the aft pools on the Grand Class. I attached a picture when I first sailed on the ship.

I just looked at deck plans and it is aft on Deck 12.

DCP_1924.pdf

Edited by Coral

When we were on our Panama cruise on the Coral, they did not enforce the Lotus pool as adult only. Don't know if it was supposed to be or not, there was no signage stating it as adult only. Kids were in there, whatever the terms.

Direct response to the OP's question

1. On the Coral Princess the Lotus Pool is the indoor pool, mid ship.

2. Although it's been sometime, I have been on the Coral and I have seen youth in this pool.

3. There is no way to know for sure until you board.

4. Pool use and lounging are not the main attraction on an Alaska cruise.

We are sailing on the coral in july to alaska. The lotus pool is the only one enclosed and have read it is adult only. Is this even true for an alaskan cruise. I know my kids will want to swim. It's going to be a bit chilly swimming in the open pool let alone getting out and sitting on the chairs or supervising.

You will be pleasantly surprised at how warm it will be in July in Alaska! You probably won't even need warm clothes until you have your sea day by the glaciers.

You and your kids will be able to use the outdoor pool most of the time.

Enjoy - Alaska is a wonderful cruise destination!

You will be pleasantly surprised at how warm it will be in July in Alaska! You probably won't even need warm clothes until you have your sea day by the glaciers.

You and your kids will be able to use the outdoor pool most of the time.

Enjoy - Alaska is a wonderful cruise destination!

I have been reading the temp is usually around 60-65 degrees in july

When we were on our Panama cruise on the Coral, they did not enforce the Lotus pool as adult only. Don't know if it was supposed to be or not, there was no signage stating it as adult only. Kids were in there, whatever the terms.

We had the exact same experience on Coral Panama canal cruise. Tried to relax quietly in the lotus spa pool but lots of kids kept coming in with snorkeling equipment, diving rather vigorously. Pool attendants did not get rid of them, so we just lived with it. I could not figure out why they preferred the tiny indoor pool to the larger outdoor one, when the weather was very warm and pleasant.

We are sailing on the coral in july to alaska. The lotus pool is the only one enclosed and have read it is adult only. Is this even true for an alaskan cruise. I know my kids will want to swim. It's going to be a bit chilly swimming in the open pool let alone getting out and sitting on the chairs or supervising.

We just returned from the Panama Canal on the Coral and spent a lot of time at the Lotus Pool. There were kids swimming in the pool and nobody came to tell them they weren't permitted. I love kids but I have to say sometimes they were quite loud and it did get disturbing. I would go back to my room and read when this happened. Enjoy your cruise!!!!

I'm Canadian and I'm 60. Does that mean I'm 140 to an American? :p

I'm 64 but traveling to Canada soon. Poop. I won't even be quite 18 while I'm there so I won't be able to have a beer! :eek:

Well this thread sure lives up to the "Confusion" prophecy in the title.

Other than the two days of Glacier cruising, there is a strong possibility that the weather will be fine enough to use the outdoor pool. Or the weather may be so poor that all the pools including the indoor one will be drained and netted over. You won't know until you get to Alaska. But barring the worst case scenario my guess is your kids may be clamoring to put their suits on and jump in the outdoor pool no matter how much cooler it is than at home. And for the record: in July average high temp in Juneau is 64F/18C; in Toronto 77F/25C. Now the 7C dip between home and Alaska may be significant to you--but not necessarily your kids who may want to take full advantage of the 17-18 hours of daylight every day and hang out on deck. If your attitude that it is too cold to swim outside--which I don't get in the first place as when the temperature drops even lower that that during our brief Florida "winter" the beaches are still packed with snowbirds who do not want to lose even one day of their vacation--and that Alaska was not your first choice for holiday in the first place, your kids will certainly pick up on that and feel they cannot have a good time if mom is being disagreeable. That is in my eyes the number one issue.

...but actually the number one issue with this thread is the repeated responses with answers about the pool layout on the Grand-Class ships and not Coral Princess. I do apologize to the OP for that confusion. And continue to wonder if anyone actually reads before responding.

Well this thread sure lives up to the "Confusion" prophecy in the title.

Other than the two days of Glacier cruising, there is a strong possibility that the weather will be fine enough to use the outdoor pool. Or the weather may be so poor that all the pools including the indoor one will be drained and netted over. You won't know until you get to Alaska. But barring the worst case scenario my guess is your kids may be clamoring to put their suits on and jump in the outdoor pool no matter how much cooler it is than at home. And for the record: in July average high temp in Juneau is 64F/18C; in Toronto 77F/25C. Now the 7C dip between home and Alaska may be significant to you--but not necessarily your kids who may want to take full advantage of the 17-18 hours of daylight every day and hang out on deck. If your attitude that it is too cold to swim outside--which I don't get in the first place as when the temperature drops even lower that that during our brief Florida "winter" the beaches are still packed with snowbirds who do not want to lose even one day of their vacation--and that Alaska was not your first choice for holiday in the first place, your kids will certainly pick up on that and feel they cannot have a good time if mom is being disagreeable. That is in my eyes the number one issue.

...but actually the number one issue with this thread is the repeated responses with answers about the pool layout on the Grand-Class ships and not Coral Princess. I do apologize to the OP for that confusion. And continue to wonder if anyone actually reads before responding.

Sorry but I don't like the cold. I am 3 hrs south of Toronto and average temperature maybe 77 but we barely had any Temps below 80 and then throw the humidity in and it's a bloody hot. When said alaska wasn't my first choice meaning for the group that is going. There are 5 kids going they are 7 9 9 11 and 13. Alaska is very much about the scenery and hopefully some wild life. We have a 7 night cruise followed by 4 nights on land. My husband and I would have eventually gone on one just probably not with our children. Don't get me wrong I am excited to go. I simple was talking about the fact that only one pool is enclosed and it's for adults only and maybe be chilly sitting at the other one. I don't care where I am, 65 is chilly to me.

Princess pools are not heated and chilly even on the warm weather cruises.

Regardless if it's 70 out in Alaska it will be very chilly water/air to swim.

We had low 70s on an Alaska cruise in early June and although the outdoor pool deck/areas were busy there were very few in the water.

my family always brings our swimsuits along and a lot of the time, they never get unpacked as there is so much other stuff to do on board. the ports are all different and interesting, even for young ones. the sea days are busy on board. one of my kids is a water baby and she swam no matter what weather. i hope you don't worry about your kids being bored or missing out on the pool. they are also young enough that doing things together as a family and hanging out with the cousins is fun. they will have a good time!