Carnival Sensation Allowing Powerstrips?

gigito2

I've read conflicting info lately. Can anyone confirm whether or not they're allowed?

I've read they're allowed if they're not surge protectors; and some say they're not allowed at all.

Are they necessary?

We're a group of 3 women travelling together along with all our accouterments and electronic gadgets. We don't need alot of outlets, but I get the impression there's only 1 in each room???

Tried to search thru Carnival's FAQ's page to no avail. If anyone knows of a source I could access for such info, that would be appreciated.

TIA!

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2822/~/electric-outlets

Power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors and extension cords (without surge protectors) are allowed on board when used with proper caution. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

Power strips are allowed as long as they do not have surge protectors.

interestingly enough this is listed as a surge protection on the Belkin site. It might be a mistake but if you go to the belkin site for this power strip the top tab is listed home > products > power > Surge Protection

again it might be wrong but it is this way on the Belkin Site

http://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F9P609-03/

Just FYI gigito2, the standard cord length on most power strips is 36". Since the outlet in the cabin is just above the vanity/desk, a three foot cord isn't really needed, and it can be difficult to get the power strip to stay close to the wall so as to take up as little space as possible on the desk. I did some searching and found power strips (without surge protectors) with a 24" cord at Meijer and K-Mart. Just an option you might want to consider.

The power strip mentioned from Home Depot is actually one of the few Belkin items that is not surge protected. As one of the answers states in the HD review, the Belkin rep links to a different product, and most Belkin power strips are indeed surge protected. But note the difference in price, the one Belkin says is surge protected is 4 times the cost, and this is the key. A $4-5 power strip will not be surge protected.

Belkin's site lists this under "surge protection" merely because they don't have a separate grouping of power strips or devices that are not surge protected.

I like taking a long extension cord (last time I took one 8 ft. long) and a 3-way outlet adapter. That way I can stretch it much farther than a power strip. I use a portable fan and, with an extension cord, can put it right by the bed. We didn't have an outlet in our bathroom aboard the Conquest last year, so the cord was long enough for my wife to use her curling iron in the bathroom. Then the 3-way adapter gives us enough outlets for all of our devices etc.

No. It is because according to the Belkin rep in the comments, it has surge protection.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

The Belkin rep. on there links to a different power strip. The one shown isn't surge protected.

interestingly enough this is listed as a surge protection on the Belkin site. It might be a mistake but if you go to the belkin site for this power strip the top tab is listed home > products > power > Surge Protection

again it might be wrong but it is this way on the Belkin Site

http://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F9P609-03/

I believe that's just how they sort it on their website. That model isn't surge protected. It doesn't even have a circuit breaker.

The Belkin rep. on there links to a different power strip. The one shown isn't surge protected.

A fact that doesn't give me much confidence in Belkin products.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

A fact that doesn't give me much confidence in Belkin products.
:')

I've never had much confidence in their products, unless it was something simple like a car charger for a phone. I was sad to see it when they bought Linksys a few years ago because Linksys has always made good wifi routers. I hope Belkin doesn't ruin them.