Leeway with Ages in Teen Program?

Yes, I realize that I overlooked an important detail. I'm not saying that this is somehow NCL fault. I am saying that what sets certain companies above the rest is their customer service. That even though this was my mistake, an excellent company will not fault me and will be accommodating if at all possible. It's just what sets some brands above the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The hard part of it is that sometimes, good customer service is saying "no" to one customer to be fair to others.

Yes, I realize that I overlooked an important detail. I'm not saying that this is somehow NCL fault. I am saying that what sets certain companies above the rest is their customer service. That even though this was my mistake, an excellent company will not fault me and will be accommodating if at all possible. It's just what sets some brands above the others.

You're wrong again. As others have said several times...there are parents of younger kids that do not want your older kids in their group. Move on before you ruin the trip for your daughter and friend.

Fairness isn't about everyone getting the same thing. It's about each person getting what they need. Otherwise, there would be no Americans with disabilities act. Because why does that person get extra breaks in the work day just because they have a disability. That's not fair.

My 12 year old is basically 13, this month we introduced her teenage privileges we promised her like wearing make up and watching PG-13 movies. When I first was planning, I was planning for them to be in Splash because I'm not keen on my 13 yo being in a club with 17yo either. But, we left her friend choice up to her and the friend's parents of course. She ended up choosing a friend who was older than her. So it is what it is.

Just because you gave your daughter a 13 year old's privileges doesn't mean that your 12 year old daughter is legally 13 when she gets on the cruise and therein lies the issue, it is about what her legal age is.

You were not keen on your 12 year old being with a 17 year old, but don't seem to have a problem with a 10 year old child being with a 14 year old teen. I would bet that parents of a 10 year old might strongly disagree with you and not want your daughter's friend in with their child.

Have you seriously thought of cancelling the cruise and taking them on a land vacation at a resort where they would be able to be together 24/7.

Fairness isn't about everyone getting the same thing. It's about each person getting what they need. Otherwise, there would be no Americans with disabilities act. Because why does that person get extra breaks in the work day just because they have a disability. That's not fair.

Sorry, but this comparison is utterly absurd. Your tween's woes do not belong in the same sentence as the ADA.

Just get over it already. It's not the end of the world.

Your analogy is flawed.

Being 12 isn't a "disability".

The "fairness" is that NCL treats all 12 year-olds the same. It would be unfair if "this 12 year-old can go to Entourage but that 12 year-old can't..."

Now, I know I must be reading this wrong, but you seem to be equating your situation with disable folks that are protected under the ADA so that they can live a life just like everyone else....unbelievable!:eek:

Fairness is about everyone having the same rules and regulations. Unfairness would be that some have to follow the rules and regulations and others don't or won't.

This can't be real anymore, it is? OP, you've wander off the rails, it's not that important.

Your daughter NEEDS to be in the group she belongs in. Not the group she WANTS.

This will be a nice teen lesson for her that mommy makes mistakes and can't always make it better.

My 12 year old is basically 13, this month we introduced her teenage privileges we promised her like wearing make up and watching PG-13 movies. When I first was planning, I was planning for them to be in Splash because I'm not keen on my 13 yo being in a club with 17yo either. But, we left her friend choice up to her and the friend's parents of course. She ended up choosing a friend who was older than her. So it is what it is.

My daughter is 20 and has a fake ID, and goes to bars. She will be almost 21 on our cruise, so she should be able to drink martinis. OP, is this your only child? Seems like a lot of hyper-focus on this issue, like NCL should bend the rules for your princess. It's just a birthday.

Funny thing about this thread... Erikalynnette isn't even the OP. She just happened to see this and realize she can't do what she had planned. Better to find out now than when you're on board. LOL!

Funny thing about this thread... Erikalynnette isn't even the OP. She just happened to see this and realize she can't do what she had planned. Better to find out now than when you're on board. LOL!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] good catch. I didn't even realize that. [emoji8]

We wanted to give them ease of checking in and out of the club at their leisure. So they could go get ice cream any time they want. But knowing that they would spend 95% of their time in the club let's me know that they are safe. After the experience with my sister on Carnival, I don't need anyone letting my child off the boat or serving her alcohol.

Teens don't spend that much time in the club. Send the older one the first night to meet other kids, then both of the girls and the other kids best friend met the first evening can hang out together all over the ship the rest of the week. Set a positive example and attitude for the girls so they go into it with a plan to have fun.

But really... all this is about is, like anyone else on a cruise vacation, I want my family to have a good time celebrating...

They will

...relaxing,

They will

...and feeling free to do what they want.

They will...mostly. Nobody is completely free to do whatever they want. No, she can't steer the ship, either.

I just don't want any obstacles in the way of the girls enjoying themselves, making friends, and having a positive experience.

Like with most obstacles, find a way around them...within reason. If the girls can't hang out together in one place, they have many other places to enjoy themselves, make friends, and have positive experiences.

Most teens hang out outside of the teens club as others have stated. The club is usually a meeting place before everyone goes off to do other things from what I have witnessed. They can meet other kids around the ship if they are outgoing girls. Sports courts, arcade, parties....

We wanted to give them ease of checking in and out of the club at their leisure. So they could go get ice cream any time they want. But knowing that they would spend 95% of their time in the club let's me know that they are safe. After the experience with my sister on Carnival, I don't need anyone letting my child off the boat or serving her alcohol.

Not sure why you think that she can't get off the ship without you, they are not likely to stop her, and as far as alcohol getting is much easier than you realize.

You should seriously consider selecting another line.

We told her last night, so that she might be able to come up with alternative plans. Her remark was, "Don't they know that I don't go anywhere without my friend? I have separation anxiety." When we told her that her friend could go in to the club first, make friends, and then bring them out to go do something. She said, "I don't trust my friend to make friends for me. She likes Anime and will probably find someone weird. Here I found this kid in a dark corner." We told her that most of the teens hang out at the basketball court anyway. The girls are excited to watch some shirtless teenage boys playing ball.