Screwed by Certified Vacation Planner

I've been a member for many years but I think this might be my first post. I usually check the boards and always learn something so I figured I could get some help with this problem.

I've been on the lookout to book four inside cabins on the Harmony of the Seas in June. The prices have been quite high so I've just been checking over and over and hoping I'll get lucky.

Well this morning I got lucky! Inside guaranty for a great rate.

I held the cabins and started the booking process. But since I didn't have all the credit cards I needed a 24 hour courtesy hold. I wasn't sure I could get this online so I called Royal Caribbean and spoke to a Certified Vacation Planner. He told me to release the cabins and yes he would get me the 24 hours. I questioned this since I was worried I would lose the cabins. He assured me that wouldn't happen. Well guess what happened? I lost the cabins!

All he could do was give me an Oceanview guaranty for $400 per person more.

I was fuming! He promised he would keep checking and even put in a bottle of wine in each cabin. He knew he had screwed up. Of course I knew this was all done so he could get commission off the bookings!

I've spoken to a manager and received no help there either.

So my question to all if you is , any ideas on how I can get back that low rate? Anyone I can email or call?

If the cabins are gone, there's nothing you can do to get them back unfortunately. They may have not really been available, someone else may have been doing something with their reservation that made it look like they were available but they took them back almost as soon as you saw them. It doesn't make it OK that the planner didn't tell you that or do anything more to try and help you though.

Of course I knew this was all done so he could get commission off the bookings!

You seriously think a Royal phone rep intentionally screwed up your plans in order to increase their commission ??? Wow.

I don't have a solution to your problem but I do know if you select a cabin during a mock booking, it will not show as being available to the vacation planner and therefore not allow them to book that cabin for you.

So my question to all if you is , any ideas on how I can get back that low rate? Anyone I can email or call?

Nope. After reading enough threads on here one should realize not to rely on anyone else but themselves for info and when available, have everything place, including credit cards, to book.

I've been a member for many years but I think this might be my first post. I usually check the boards and always learn something so I figured I could get some help with this problem.

I've been on the lookout to book four inside cabins on the Harmony of the Seas in June. The prices have been quite high so I've just been checking over and over and hoping I'll get lucky.

I held the cabins and started the booking process. But since I didn't have all the credit cards I needed a 24 hour courtesy hold. I wasn't sure I could get this online so I called Royal Caribbean and spoke to a Certified Vacation Planner. He told me to release the cabins and yes he would get me the 24 hours. I questioned this since I was worried I would lose the cabins. He assured me that wouldn't happen. Well guess what happened? I lost the cabins!

I was fuming! He promised he would keep checking and even put in a bottle of wine in each cabin. He knew he had screwed up. Of course I knew this was all done so he could get commission off the bookings!

So my question to all if you is , any ideas on how I can get back that low rate? Anyone I can emaYou learned a lessonil or call?

You learned a lesson.

I´m not quite sure I understand this correctly. You found an inside guarantee rate and Held some cabins. Within this process there shouldn´t have been any specific cabins assigned.

With this said, there were no real cabins to release or lose. The CVP should still have been able to get you the inside guarantee Quote without you releasing anything, unless that rate you had placed a hold with had expired already again (which I think was the case here).

I´m sorry this hapened to you, but I also think you are out of luck here. I don´t think there is anyone to call or email who would get you the rate you saw. It´s a case of you snooze you lose. You were there at the right time to snatch a great rate, but unfortunately you were not ready to immediately book and the offer was gone again quickly.

As for the CVP, I´d give him the benefit of the doubt before saying he did this on purpose. In the end what would have happened if the CVP had not told you to release your booking first and not being able to give you an Extended courtesy hold? Would you have been able to complete the Reservation before the deal expired?

What I´m trying to say is, don´t be mad about something that might have happened anyway due to no ones fault.

Hi Yahoogirl. I understand your frustration as I am always on the hunt for a good price. Since this happened rather recently, my suggestion would be to try other cruise selling sites. Royal Caribbean may not have any of those cabins available at that price, however, another cruise selling site may have the cabins with the price that you were looking for and since it is rather recent that you did this, they may still be on sale. You may do even better with them, as they usually also give you incentives such as OBC to secure your booking. Good Luck.

Aurora "Laly" Yera-Rodriguez

Director, Guest Relations & Shared Services

Azamara Club Cruises, Celebrity Cruises, & Royal Caribbean International

954-628-9313

ext. 19313

ayera-rodriguez@rccl.com

Give her detailed info. She gets all e-mails directed to Michael Bayley for review and usually responds within hours, or the next day.

In addition to Ms. Rodriguez here are the people I emailed last year when I had a similar situation (RCI Phone rep had made a big mistake in booking and wanted to stick me with the bill for their error).

reservationroyal2@rccl.com,

RoyalGuestRelations@rccl.com,

Jvilchez@rccl.com,

DirectorGuestRelations@rccl.com,

mbayley@rccl.com

AGoldstein@rccl.com

Please let us know if you get a response. I did receive a call back and contact from someone at their west coast support center who was able to review all the calls and got back to me to offer resolution.

You seriously think a Royal phone rep intentionally screwed up your plans in order to increase their commission ??? Wow.

You seriously think there aren't people in the world who would do this? Wow.

I wanted to let you all know that after escalating this issue, we were finally able to get the inside guarantee at the original price. I actually sent an email to one of those emails suggested by LMaxwell and I received a call within a couple of hours. This person was very helpful. So we are definitely sailing on the Harmony in a few weeks! Thanks again for all your responses.

I wanted to let you all know that after escalating this issue, we were finally able to get the inside guarantee at the original price. I actually sent an email to one of those emails suggested by LMaxwell and I received a call within a couple of hours. This person was very helpful. So we are definitely sailing on the Harmony in a few weeks! Thanks again for all your responses.

Good to know! Thanks for your feedback.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Good to know someone in the company is still responsive and willing to make things right.