Painkiller on the Fascination

sydney dog

It's a mixed bag. Some bartenders know how to make it and will, some will say they don't serve them or don't know how to make them, and others will cite some obscure Carnival rule, leaving you disgusted. But some! Some who have never even heard of the drink will go to their cellphone and pull up the ingredients and cheerfully make you one!!! Same with a Zombie! (if you can handle it)

They'll make anything if they have the stuff for it. I really like Incredible Hulks which are Hennessy and Hypnotq which CCL doesn't carry. I also really like White Russians, I've never seen it on a menu but have never had a prOblem getting one made.

I'll be honest, I thought u were trying to score some potentially illegal stuff at first!

every bar has the basic ingredients for a painkiller, OJ, Pineapple juice, Coco Lopez, light rum, topped with dark rum and nutmeg. I did have a few bartenders refuse. The Red Frog Pub bartender said sure, no problem.

Pretty sure Pain Killers were on the menu in Red Frog Pub on Sunshine

Carnival's version: Caña Brava Rum, Malibu Coconut Rum and Tropical Juices

Definitely not the same as what you would find at the Soggy Dollar on JVD.

The "true" Painkiller is made with Pusser's British Navy Rum. Nothing else even comes close.

Agree! Tasty Painkillers can be made with other rums but the Pusser's original is supreme. Unfortunately, the Red's Painkiller served in the Red Frog Pub is closer to a fruity umbrella drink than a Painkiller.

The "true" Painkiller is made with Pusser's British Navy Rum. Nothing else even comes close.

Yes - Pussers was the original. But it's sometimes hard to find. Most sailors will use Mount Gay Eclipse, which they'll usually have onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Carnival's version: Caña Brava Rum, Malibu Coconut Rum and Tropical Juices

Definitely not the same as what you would find at the Soggy Dollar on JVD.

Thank you for defending the real "Painkiller" I've had them all through the BVIs and Carnival' version is a hollow comparison.

As a matter of fact, Carnival's selection of rums in general is a joke. The Red Frog Rum Bar has a worse selection than my local watering hole.

They really need to work on that.