Breakaway to Bermuda

BirdTravels

Comm challenges

Last night through mid morning, the ship's wifi went down (ohhhhh noooooo). The VOIP desk phone was also dead. The VOIP handiphone in our room continued to work.

The 3G service that we are getting is soooo sloooow. The ship's wifi is 5 times faster (when it is up). Two cruise ships plus all of the Americas Cup visitors are killing the cell service.

Edited by BirdTravels

That glass noodles w chicken or spicy seafood noodles soup are good, yummy.

Glad to hear that WiFi is holding up, most of the time. Thanks for the rates & details.

We had DigiCel 3G all over the islands and cool to be busy on the ferry, catching up on email, couldn't do that with just ship's signal alone.

Keep those pictures coming, we have a long wait to go this Fall.

via Nexus 5X on Nougat 7.1.2 using Tapatalk, VPN secured.

Just wondering when the majority of people arrive back at the ship each night. Do they eat dinner and then leave again since you are there several days.? Also, do many stay on ship during the day?

Dockyard is not a jumping place. And the last ferry from Hamilton leaves at 8:30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks so much for the dailies and the various on board menus with delicious food shots. I have noted you have the Haven breakfast and lunch menus posted but not the dinner one yet. Are you going to post that one as well? We will be in Haven in September and want to see if we should grab a bite in Haven prior to our evening out. Did I miss the hours that breakfast, lunch and dinner are served as well?

We hope you enjoy Bermuda as much as we did on our last trip there; it truly is a beautiful place to experience.

LAUNDRY

There are always questions on Laundry.

- no self serve laundry

- irons can be requested, but must be returned quickly

- 50% off pressing on embarkation day

- Fill a bag for $20 on Day 4

- all other days, pay by the piece (prices below)

33d221215c57d1723599c7ada5f2466c.jpg

a5b1a7740973dbb7ab2eb764d43e1891.jpg

Thanks so much for the dailies and the various on board menus with delicious food shots. I have noted you have the Haven breakfast and lunch menus posted but not the dinner one yet. Are you going to post that one as well? We will be in Haven in September and want to see if we should grab a bite in Haven prior to our evening out. Did I miss the hours that breakfast, lunch and dinner are served as well?

We hope you enjoy Bermuda as much as we did on our last trip there; it truly is a beautiful place to experience.

Here ya go

5cf92e1805602f6db0ef9565472b04f4.jpg

If you can see the Breakaway's bridge cam, the America's Cup village is to the right of the Celebrity ship and the race course is to the left. Racing today 1 pm - 3 pm EDT

Unfortunately, there was not enough wind (>=6 knots for 10 minutes before the start of the race) for racing. There are make up races today 1 pm - 4 pm to an empty grandstand.

There is a shuttle tram from the ship to the clock tower mall. And a shuttle from the clock tower mall to the Americas Cup Village.

BirdTravels- thanks for the great review! Pics are great! We are on June 11 and I'm living vicariously through you!! If you can answer this, that'd be great: What is the time difference between ship time and Bermuda time? I ask because we have lunch reservations Friday at 12:30 at Frog and Onions (at Dockyard) and want to make sure we won't be late for sail away. Thanks and sorry to bug you during your vacation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

BirdTravels- thanks for the great review! Pics are great! We are on June 11 and I'm living vicariously through you!! If you can answer this, that'd be great: What is the time difference between ship time and Bermuda time? I ask because we have lunch reservations Friday at 12:30 at Frog and Onions (at Dockyard) and want to make sure we won't be late for sail away. Thanks and sorry to bug you during your vacation.

On all of our trips to Bermuda (on both Dawn and Breakaway) ship time has matched local time. I have never been on an NCL cruise where that was not the case, though I understand there may be occasional exceptions.

On all of our trips to Bermuda (on both Dawn and Breakaway) ship time has matched local time. I have never been on an NCL cruise where that was not the case, though I understand there may be occasional exceptions.

Good to know. Thanks!