What is the best Vegetarian or Vegan dish you've had on the Royal Caribbean Anthem?

I'm a vegetarian and I know the menu's always have a veggie options and the crew is always very accommodating but I wanted to know if there are any dishes, days, restaurants, or theme nights that I should not miss for the best vegetarian on Vegan meal experience on board!

To me there is no decent veggie meal on the general MDR menus* at all. We used to like the sweet and sour but the soy chunks are getting grosser and grossed.

We tend to ask for Indian food after the first night and that's decent BUT they tend to bring almost disturbing amounts of food. By the last nights on adventure it almost felt like they were punishing us for leaving the menu, because each night we told them it was too much and each night they brought more. There was so much food waste because of that, and we are NOT into food waste. :(

So communicate clearly if your party isn't made up of "big eaters". Even my 12 year old boy was overwhelmed, and that kid can eat.

Oh and since they haven't fixed it...no the snow crab dish one night isn't vegetarian, but the cheese pasta that night is. They flip flopped the vegetarian demarcation for that menu and from 2014 when I brought it to the chef's attention and had a talk about it to December 2016 it's still wrong...

*maybe anthem has some cool restaurants that'll save you though...

Indian vegetarian menu in the MDR consistently offers the best and most tasty vegetarian options.

We were disappointed when they removed the Indian entrees from the MDR menu. Hopefully, some will make their way back on the new menus.

We were disappointed when they removed the Indian entrees from the MDR menu. Hopefully, some will make their way back on the new menus.

We were too. However, our experience is that MDR waiters are always happy to bring out the Indian menu upon request. There's usually one printed on each sailing.

When sailing on Allure in April, we ate a number of evenings out of the MDR. On the last night, my son mentioned that I loved the Indian food and I asked about it. They were only too happy to bring it to me.

Butter Chicken...YUM!!!

When sailing on Allure in April, we ate a number of evenings out of the MDR. On the last night, my son mentioned that I loved the Indian food and I asked about it. They were only too happy to bring it to me.

Butter Chicken...YUM!!!

The butter chicken is one of our favorites. :)

Is the Indian Vegetarian Menu available on any ship? Have sailed on a few Royal Caribbean ships (Anthem, Oasis & Rhapsody) and didn't know it existed!! I assume you just ask the waiting staff for this when they bring the menus and they are happy to accommodate?

Is the Indian Vegetarian Menu available on any ship? Have sailed on a few Royal Caribbean ships (Anthem, Oasis & Rhapsody) and didn't know it existed!! I assume you just ask the waiting staff for this when they bring the menus and they are happy to accommodate?

I was not aware of a formal menu of Indian entrees. Our experience has been that the MDR has a few Indian entrees available every night, and they change night to night. It could be some ships actually have a menu and we have just not encountered that. We just speak to the dining room waiter and they tell us what's available.

Some of my favorites are (sorry, don't know if they are vegan).

Conchiglioni pasta

Caprese Salad

Eggplant Parmigiana

Three-Cheese Tortelloni

I see on their menu but haven't tried it... yet, Greek Vegetarian Moussaka.

I seriously miss the Vidalia Onion Tart. RCI needs to bring that back!

Erika

I assume you just ask the waiting staff for this when they bring the menus and they are happy to accommodate?

This is the correct approach. Our experience is that the waiter will either bring you a formal Indian menu or provide a verbal or handwritten account of what the chef can whip up.

P.S. The MDR chef on Harmony is Indian. And was proud of the dishes he created for our table. The lobster curry he made one night was memorable!

I absolutely love Indian food - I've only been on Norwegian so far and they usually have something in their Garden Cafe that's indian and vegetarian. But I'm also looking forward to the restaurants and seeing what they offer. I love risottos, cheese plates and pasta too. I see that Jaimie's has got a vegetarian plank, I'll def have that!

We're traveling with an elderly relative who is vegetarian and diabetic but also very picky and likes plain food. She gets pretty fussy and I'm worried that the Anthem menu is really going to throw her--the vegetarian options I've seen listed on the Anthem menus are not really going to be what she is used to. Could she ask for eggplant parmesan or something like that in MDR or is that only at Jamie's? She gets very flustered if people make a fuss, and she doesn't like to look like she is eating very differently from others. The Indian suggestion might work as well but wondering if she could also ask for something like the eggplant parmesan?

Thank you!

We're traveling with an elderly relative who is vegetarian and diabetic but also very picky and likes plain food. She gets pretty fussy and I'm worried that the Anthem menu is really going to throw her--the vegetarian options I've seen listed on the Anthem menus are not really going to be what she is used to. Could she ask for eggplant parmesan or something like that in MDR or is that only at Jamie's? She gets very flustered if people make a fuss, and she doesn't like to look like she is eating very differently from others. The Indian suggestion might work as well but wondering if she could also ask for something like the eggplant parmesan?

Thank you!

You may also want to contact special_needs@rccl.com pre-cruise. Perhaps they can set up something with the chef on board to offer more vegetarian choices.

She gets pretty fussy and I'm worried that the Anthem menu is really going to throw her--the vegetarian options I've seen listed on the Anthem menus are not really going to be what she is used to.

In my experience, if you talk to the head waiter as soon as you board (go to the MDR and he/she should be there) and explain the situation, they should be able to sort something for you. They might not be able to sort something for the first night (unless she's okay with pasta?) but they will come around each night to sort something for the next night. To be honest though, I'm pretty sure I've seen Eggplant Parmigiana on one of the menus for Anthem so you should be okay.

Butter Chicken...YUM!!!

I do not know what part of "Butter Chicken" is vegan ?

Butter is made from cream from a cow;s milk , But the cow is a vegetarian , she only eats grass :confused:

As for the chicken well that's not a cow but would eat grubs and worms :eek:

anyway each night just pick the dish with the " V " after it . It means VEGETARIAN .

What type of special meals does Royal Caribbean offer - Royal Caribbean International

trouble {peter} :halo:

• 1 month later...

Did you guys here RCI may start having a separate "curry" menu in the restaurants - not all of it is vegetarian but it means even more vegetarian options!

I've always like the Indian meal choices on the NCL buffets.