Wine Corkage Fee

I just read RCL now is charging $15 per bottle wine corkage fee for wine that is brought on board on embarkment day. How does that work? They will charge if you bring to the dining room or any public area but you can enjoy it in your own room without such a charge?

Where did you read that???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just read RCL now is charging $15 per bottle wine corkage fee for wine that is brought on board on embarkment day. How does that work? They will charge if you bring to the dining room or any public area but you can enjoy it in your own room without such a charge?

Just checked RCCL official site and they have not as yet changed to NO CORKAGE fee for the 2 bottles of wine you are allowed to bring on board free per stateroom.

Yes, that is what is currently being reported.

Yes, that is what is currently being reported.

Searched the RCCL site and it reads no fee, what gives 2 different facs from the same site[emoji12][emoji12] I guess that's another it problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sit back and enjoy the show

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2506703

look under food and beverage FAQ's...its there.

I found it. But I also searched same statement under entire site and got the no corkage fee answer. So they are listing opposite statements. Again IT has not checked their site for conflicts.

just got off Harmony yesterday. Not only did we not get charged a corkage fee at the restaurants, we weren't even checked how many bottles we brought onboard. Quite a difference from other lines that are very strict about that. Not that I'm complaining :)

just got off Harmony yesterday. Not only did we not get charged a corkage fee at the restaurants, we weren't even checked how many bottles we brought onboard. Quite a difference from other lines that are very strict about that. Not that I'm complaining :)

In many cases when policies change it changes on the cruise following the effective date. I would expect that the corkage fee is effective starting with yesterday's sailing on Harmony.

Hi all, I'm on Jewel atm and last night took our first bottle of wine into the restaurant. We asked the waiter to open it , as normal, and were informed that there was a $15 corkage fee but that we were welcome to drink it in our cabin

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Again IT has not checked their site for conflicts.

I know that the IT department at Royal comes in for a lot of criticism, usually justified, but I don't see this as an IT issue ! Their job to ensure that the website is available and provide the tools to update it, but I'd have thought it was Marketing or similar who are responsible for the content...

And yeah, I do work in IT (but not for RCCI) ;-)

They finally just let us bring wine on; are they really going to corkage fee us now? That's pretty sad if they do that.

Actually, when they "finally" let us bring wine over five years ago there was a corkage fee ($25 I think). This was removed more recently and brought back at a lower rate.